Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 06:39 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,596,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

I'm not quoting the bible correctly? The above quote is directly from the King James version....Would you prefer a different version?....Pick one and I'll try to oblige...Notice the bolded part, it's important

It says he created " Evil", not ALL evil. YOU added in the word " All", but its not THERE! And there is a simple difference between creating evil, and creating ALL evil.

Hey, if you can't see this, you just can't; there is absolutely no way I can open your eyes to plain terms.

James 1:13 clearly states that God is not affected by evil, nor does HE affect anyonelse with evil. If one would understand scripture, you have to combine them together in many other areas, or you simply are depending on your own understanding.

If God does not tempt humans with evil, how in the name of common sense could he have created those evil things that tempt us?

Old 07-08-2012, 10:05 PM

33,573 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
It says he created " Evil", not ALL evil. YOU added in the word " All", but its not THERE! And there is a simple difference between creating evil, and creating ALL evil.

Hey, if you can't see this, you just can't; there is absolutely no way I can open your eyes to plain terms.

James 1:13 clearly states that God is not affected by evil, nor does HE affect anyonelse with evil. If one would understand scripture, you have to combine them together in many other areas, or you simply are depending on your own understanding.

If God does not tempt humans with evil, how in the name of common sense could he have created those evil things that tempt us?
Then James 1:13 contradicts Isaiah 45:7...Just another of many many contradictions in the bible.

Do not accuse me of changing the wording of the verse...I did not change anything...As the verse is copied DIRECTLY from the King James version of the bible...Most of the other versions also include the same or similar phrase including the word all...You are beginning to get rather rude, and I may have to do your trick by ignoring you, but I think you would like that, so I won't do it.

English Standard Version (©2001)
I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I make light and create darkness. I make blessings and create disasters. I, the LORD, do all these things.

American King James Version
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

American Standard Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.

English Revised Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Then James 1:13 contradicts Isaiah 45:7...Just another of many many contradictions in the bible.

Do not accuse me of changing the wording of the verse...I did not change anything...As the verse is copied DIRECTLY from the King James version of the bible...Most of the other versions also include the same or similar phrase including the word all...You are beginning to get rather rude, and I may have to do your trick by ignoring you, but I think you would like that, so I won't do it.

English Standard Version (©2001)
I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I make light and create darkness. I make blessings and create disasters. I, the LORD, do all these things.

American King James Version
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

American Standard Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.

English Revised Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.

You just don't get it; God never states he creates all evil, he said he creates evil - gives a list of things and said he does all those things. And I am not being rude; I have not attacked your characther or called you a name; you just don't know what your talking about.

Last edited by Mickiel; 07-08-2012 at 11:47 PM..

Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 PM

267 posts, read 216,773 times
Quote:
.....and create evil
It most definitely doesn't say "create satan and his demons so that they can create evil".

Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:

Sans, in John 8:44 The devil is called by Jesus " The Father of Lies", this means he started it and inspires humans to lie, not God.

In Rev. 12:9 again the devil is described as the being who " Deceives the whole world." God does not cause humans to do evil, the devil does that work, and we help him to do it, not God. I wouldnot mislead you on this, as you wouldnot mislead me on the things you know. The devil is the Father of evil, not God. Jesus created the devil, not God, but he did it under Gods direction. Jesus created the devil to ruin humanity and try to destroy us, which is what the bible means by " Being saved", we are saved from the devils evil and destructive ways. Isaiah 54:16, " I created the destroyer to ruin."

Gods thoughts and methods are simply not understood by men. The devil is the oppisition God wanted to exist in order to build the characther of humans and set up the need for Christ to die and thus open our path to salvation.

Now when you begin to press your points on me hard, I don't consider that rude, your just being strong about it; I am no different; I know God does not cause all evil, the devil does that; he was created to do it.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 AM

33,573 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
You just don't get it; God never states he creates all evil, he said he creates evil - gives a list of things and said he does all those things. And I am not being rude; I have not attacked your characther or called you a name; you just don't know what your talking about.
Oh I know what I'm talking about...It is you that is misinterpreting that verse...If the bible states that god creates good and evil and is responsible, then it would naturally follow the it means ALL good and ALL evil.., It doesn't say "I create humans who do good and evil", nor does it say "I create satan who does evil, so I'm not responsible"....If as you believe god is all powerful, then he is in control and the cause of everything good and bad

Old 07-09-2012, 05:34 AM

267 posts, read 216,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
Gods thoughts and methods are simply not understood by men
Hoary old chestnut anyone............hahahahahaha

Old 07-09-2012, 07:13 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,518,920 times
Quote:
Then I thoroughly reject your god concept and conclude that you too are evil for embracing such a concept. By very definition, your god should be omnipotent and omniscient, so any god who would willingly produce such evil IS EVIL. You are merely rationalizing.

Back to your beliefs, do you believe that Jesus came to the earth as prescribed in the Bible, died on a cross for your sins, and was resurrected from the dead? Yes or no will be fine.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
Hoary old chestnut anyone............hahahahahaha
And a bored old wanker who couldn't get anything right. God's fail is without peer.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Sans, in John 8:44 The devil is called by Jesus " The Father of Lies", this means he started it and inspires humans to lie, not God.

Now when you begin to press your points on me hard, I don't consider that rude, your just being strong about it; I am no different; I know God does not cause all evil, the devil does that; he was created to do it.
Then the devil concept is more powerful than your god. You can't have it BOTH ways. You can't have your god being the first cause creator of everything, but then abdicate much of his power to another god. Again, you are just rationalizing and the verse that I quoted is very clear. By doing this, you have made Satan the most powerful of all Christian gods...again rendering your god unworthy of worship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality