Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you be GAY and GOD-FEARING at the same time?
Yes 82 52.90%
No 64 41.29%
As long as you say you're sorry in the end, you can do anything you want in the meantime... 5 3.23%
Sadly Undecided 4 2.58%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:16 AM

30,438 posts, read 52,115,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan417 View Post
Well right now we are talking about ONE thing. And that is if being gay is against the bible. It is... it is also against nature....and you say its not hurting anybody? Puleeze! Its killing a lot of gay men that have the AIDS virus....its hurting our kids to think that 2 men together or 2 women together married, having children is okay...all that fake mess to substitute for what is real. I think it is all sexual.
If your main focus is STDs, they are only hurting themselves... nobody gets "accidentally" infected, so once again, they aren't hurting anyone. Not to mention, AIDS and other diseases are just as big a problem among the straight community - especially when you factor in lesbians, who have virtually no rate of infection. And fyi, there is such a thing as a gay/chaste virgin, so how do you feel about them?

If you (or anyone else) can give me a good reason that's EXCLUSIVE to the gay community, I'll bow out of this debate... until then, your points are irrelevant to the subject.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 AM

660 posts, read 2,445,309 times
Quote:
Why are you trying to justify gayness? Your points are irrelevant. The question is is it against the bible. But you know what? To each its own.....I just dont want this plague to affect my family. So as long as my generation doesnt get involved in the evil deed...so be it.
thankyou your so right

Old 08-19-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Why are you trying to justify gayness? Your points are irrelevant. The question is is it against the bible. But you know what? To each its own.....I just dont want this plague to affect my family. So as long as my generation doesnt get involved in the evil deed...so be it.
I'm not trying to justify homosexuality, I am only justifying equal rights, respect, and a lack of bigotry.

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-19-2007 at 06:07 AM..

Old 08-19-2007, 02:04 AM

Also, I'm curious about something Nathan... what would you do if your child was/is gay? I have plenty of gay friends who came from Christian upbringings, so you can't tell me it's an impossible or irrelevant question!

Old 08-19-2007, 12:38 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,685,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Also, I'm curious about something Nathan... what would you do if your child was/is gay? I have plenty of gay friends who came from Christian upbringings, so you can't tell me it's an impossible or irrelevant question!
Good question, would Nathan be repulsed by his offspring?

Old 08-19-2007, 02:09 PM

448 posts, read 1,858,991 times
It cracks me up that all I see is Roman colon number blah blah, Genenis colon number blah blah. Do you people have your own opinion? why is it that every time something is discussed, all religious people do is quote a book or someone else? I am sure you have a brain, make it work and generate your own opinions.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:13 PM

448 posts, read 1,858,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_firefly View Post
good for them
its not my opinion and it is a fact ask any priest reverend or clergy member and they will tell you homosexuality is against gods plan
oh yeah, like I am going to believe what a priest has to say. Like all those boys attending church were not sexually abused either by those priests. What would god think of those holy fathers?!

Last edited by HGONZ001; 08-19-2007 at 02:25 PM..

Old 08-19-2007, 04:40 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,430,474 times
hee hee hee

How amusing. This subject is still being debated. Good ole' religion forums - nothing if not consistent in their endless (and futile) debates about subjects that never get resolved.

Interpretation, people. It's all about interpretation. And everyone seems to have their own.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:11 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,685,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
hee hee hee

How amusing. This subject is still being debated. Good ole' religion forums - nothing if not consistent in their endless (and futile) debates about subjects that never get resolved.

Interpretation, people. It's all about interpretation. And everyone seems to have their own.
The debate never ends. On a positive note, welcome back, I missed you!

Old 08-20-2007, 06:45 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,445,541 times
Default When the Bible is Silent on Topics

Mac,

The bible is silent on some issues and because it's silent doesn't give anyone a free pass on sinning. For example, masturbation isn't mentioned as sinful, nor is smoking, nor is gay marriage mentioned as something that God would condemn. The point that I have been trying to make in regard to gay marriage is simple and that is there is no where in Scripture that supports or even hints at gay marriage being acceptable to God. Every example of marriage in the bible has been between a man and woman. The bible is completly silent on gay marriage, therefore one can resonably conclude that if ALL of the examples refer to marriage being between a man and a woman in the bible, then God's silence on gay marriage doesn't justify it happening and nor should we assume that it isn't condemable by God.

Those are the examples clearly set, and when the bible discusses sexual immorality, it does so in the context of a man or woman committing fornication and adultery. The question is why isn't gay marriage discussed? Maybe it was answered in an earlier post when someone said that it went against what was natural.

What's interesting is how some in a previous post explained away Romans 1:18-27 where Paul clearly showed us that once anyone turns away from God, that person in turn becomes vile, debased, or reprobated. Paul made it quite clear that women turned to women and men turned to each other, and no matter what the original greek word implied or not for unnatural, anyone reading those verses would interpret them to mean that sinful people who turn their backs against God will began doing and believing that the sins they are committing are right or natural.

Another way of looking at it, if any person wants to believe that a sin that he is committing is justified or not condemable by God, then God will turn him over to a vile mind and allowing him to burn so deep in his passion and sins that once he enters the gates of hell, it will be a fitting resting place for him to continue in his burning passions and sins for eternity.

As far as two consenting gay adults wanting to get married and the voters not approving of them to get married, I really didn't know that christians are the majority voters. There are about 6 million Jehovah's witnesses that don't vote for religious reasons, and just because many people say that they are christian doesn't mean that they are true christians. Until the USA becomes more secularized, and people stop using the bible as their basis for denying gay people their fundamental right to get married, then the majority will keep striking it down, no matter how outdated or old fashioned some may see it. These people are just doing what they think is right in God's eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality