Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you be GAY and GOD-FEARING at the same time?
Yes 82 52.90%
No 64 41.29%
As long as you say you're sorry in the end, you can do anything you want in the meantime... 5 3.23%
Sadly Undecided 4 2.58%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:11 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,083,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida southerner 3 View Post
Obviously Lot understood their motives. He knew they wanted to rape those men in his house so he offered his virgin daughters instead because he didn't want these men (angels) of God to be treated in such a wicked manner. The implications of this goes further though, such as, why would any father be willing to give his virgin daughters or daughters period to an angry, sex-crazed mob bent on rape? But that's another topic totally. The point here being that from the context it is easy to ascertain the men of Sodom's intentions and that is having homosexual relations.

No.. its not obvious nor is it easy to look at the passage and then damn every homosexual person from now until eternity.

Furthermore it never states in the bible that a homosexual couple in a loving committed relationship is against God. It only states it as orgies or rape.. Ok.. orgies and rape from a heterosexual perspective are wrong too.. but that doesn't mean that heterosexual sex is wrong.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,665,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Well to be fair she was asked to show scriptural support for her view and the OP is about if being gay is against the bible. So no need to insult all people that would quote scripture.

I sincerely apologise IrishMom, I must have missed the exchange bit where Florida was being asked for scriptures. I am sorry, I obviously jumped the gun . I will now smack my own wrist. I think scripture quoting just brings the worst out in me. Years spent in Catholic schools I guess.

However I still stand by my statements about bigotry and ignorance. And the fact that some scriptures would be hard to defend unless a literallist ( there are some really unsavoury things in the Old Testament in particular).

Old 10-31-2007, 09:31 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,828,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I sincerely apologise IrishMom, I must have missed the exchange bit where Florida was being asked for scriptures. I am sorry, I obviously jumped the gun . I will now smack my own wrist. I think scripture quoting just brings the worst out in me. Years spent in Catholic schools I guess.

However I still stand by my statements about bigotry and ignorance. And the fact that some scriptures would be hard to defend unless a literallist ( there are some really unsavoury things in the Old Testament in particular).
In the heat of the moment...we've all been there, no worries. Just need to be fair, I'm like that.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:37 PM

158 posts, read 446,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Quoting Scriptures, the last resort of the man who can't think for himself.... I love the way some people just spout those.
Thanks for the laugh Florida, much appreciated. Would you have anything to say to explain your ideas and "ideals" which you had not been indoctrinated to regurgitate, rather than just quoting from the Bible every time you disagree with something. I am sure we could all start quoting various anti god books ( such as Richard Dawkins) and come up with some really silly quotes from the bible that most Christians would disavow ( though at a guess you are litteralist and would believe and follow every single line in the bible). However I hope most of us use our own minds and try to be discerning as to what and why we believe what we believe.

The world must be such a terrifying place for some people, unable to make the distinction between love and "sin"... How terribly , horrifyingly sad. It makes me weep.
Personal Attacks and Insults, the last resort of the man who can't argue or debate his points in an educated manner. I love the way some people get so angry in the face of truth they start attacking and insulting. Thanks there ol' buddy ol' pal. Glad I could amuse you, (enrage more like).

And humanity using there own minds. Let's see. Look at the history of the world including the present. All of us humans using our own minds, doing things our own discerning ways, and conducting affairs with our own beliefs and our own intelligence. Just look at where that has gotten us--wars, disease, murders, genocides, and all sorts of evil. Yes siree, just look at what doing things our own way has proven. It's proven that Murphy's Law is Human's Law. If it can be destroyed, then we will surely do it or die trying.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 PM

7,548 posts, read 17,292,109 times
Sorry, once again, I must ask - WHAT? We've had wars, genocides, and other "sorts of evil," so now you're feeling justified in asking two people who may be deeply in love to dissolve their relationship because the Christian deity (to some interpretors) shakes in fury over gay love?

I just don't understand your logic. And how has it been proven that Murphy's Law is Human's Law? Please choose your words carefully, because sometimes they make no sense.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,908,154 times
345 posts and still at it.

Nuff said, me thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality