Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 06:14 PM

4 posts, read 13,524 times

Advertisements

And yes, I understand this is old, but I don't want that to be the last in a post read by others, just to put them in an unhappy position that I find myself in today. UGH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 06:55 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,248,879 times
Originally Posted by Virote
Quote:
Now, I realize Mr. Lee is probably elaborate hoax, but what if it was really possible in the future for us to do this sort of thing without a serious threat to a man's life?
Who the heck is Mr. Lee?

Quote:
Would it violate your religious sensibilities?
If ya ask me Christianity (and the Islam & Judaism) pretty much is a religion were the female is taken out of the picture.
I mean unless Adam is a hermaphrodite Eve isn't even a female.

If men could become pregnant the female would become extinct.
Then again, if the women could become pregnant without the help of the male seed the men would become extinct.
Humans truly are weird that way.
Our religion could not prevent us from fighting each other on the account of race, so if the sexes could exist independently I'm sure a battle of the sexes would eliminate the other half.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:26 PM

70 posts, read 229,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Here's one of my thoughts.....some people have babies because they love children and the child is an expression of their love for each other.
And there's the other kind of people that have children because deep down inside, they need to prove that they are female, or male, and not having children makes them feel less of a being.

The urge to bear children is very, very strong, but it doesn't insure them being a good parent. The same can be said for children conceived naturally, of course. If they just truly want children, they could adopt. It's that wanting of only the genetic child that, to me, seems somewhat peculiar. It's something that I can't relate to. But then, I guess those people that desire ONLY their own blood line, don't understand why I feel the way I do either.

It's just that it's an unnatural way to conceive, especially if there is a surrogate mother involved. I can't bring myself to think that's it's a good idea, no matter how badly the mother wants to give birth.
The big gaping hole in this argument is what about all the people who conceive "naturally" and are horrible parents (abusive, etc).

Some insurance companies cover IVF. Do you know how much it actually costs to adopt? A LOT.

There is something behind your posts that exudes a bit of hostility on this matter, I'm not sure why.

Also, if someone you cared about had a heart attack, would you pay money to have a stint put in? Or would you find that "unnatural" and assume the person was "meant" to die and just let them...

Old 07-19-2008, 07:28 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Wasn't this the guy..er..I mean woman who became a man ( sort of ) but not completely so he...er...she..I mean he could have a child

Old 07-19-2008, 07:33 PM

Yes, it wasn't exactly a man...had female organs. She/he had a sex change some years back. Was actually a beautiful woman before.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by movingsoon123
Quote:
Yes, it wasn't exactly a man...had female organs. She/he had a sex change some years back. Was actually a beautiful woman before.
But isn't your sex (gender; being male or female) something entirely different as your sexuality (your sexual identity)?
I mean there are people who perceive themselves as being born in the wrong body (are born female while they think themselves as being male).
Which is hard for Christians to accept because they simply refuse to believe that God (or nature) makes mistakes.
I mean most (American?) Christians already have a problem with homosexuality because it does not fit their clean absolutist view of reality.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:55 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,469,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
If men could become pregnant the female would become extinct.
Then again, if the women could become pregnant without the help of the male seed the men would become extinct.
The reality is that scientists can take an egg from a woman, expose it to a bit of electricity if memory serves and it starts the duplication of cells and will become a normal child. It can be done but should it done is the question. The resulting child is NOT a clone. Its only a matter of time before the genetic material could be combined from two men or two women and put into an empty egg and then same sex couples will have a child that is truly their own child genetically.

AND as it is now, men can indeed breast feed and I'm ALL FOR THAT !! All it requires is the right hormones and they would be able to get up in the night with the baby. It seems only fair after the Mother has carried the child for 9 months. It would do my heart good to see a man having to wear a nursing bra and enjoy the confined feeling.

With advances in transplants, it could well be only a matter of time before a uterus could be transplated into a man. Now that would be something. A man who has a period. HOW FUN !!

::claps hands at the thought::

Old 07-19-2008, 07:56 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking (TrickyD). The person was technically a female, when it comes down to organs.

I don't condemn anyone for getting a sex change. I don't totally understand the need, but I am open-minded anough to realize that just because I don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't exist (this desire to be another gender).

Old 07-19-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren
Quote:
A man who has a period. HOW FUN !!
I would say that men who suffer from chronical depression do have a period.
I'm not trying to be funny here, because in my opinion a period could be seen as a mini depression.
Since I'm a man myself I have never experienced a period so can't imagine how a period would feel like, but I think that I'm not wrong by saying that a period could be seen as having a 'depression'.

Originally Posted by movingsoon123
Quote:
The person was technically a female, when it comes down to organs.
So what would you call a hermaphrodite (being born with both male and female sexual organs)?
A mistake from God or a handicapped person?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Um, I would call them a hermaphrodite (if "categorizing" them according to reproductive organs).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality