Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:01 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Absolutely ridiculous!
Agreed! Besides, no man could ever take the pain, discomfort and emotions. Before you jump in and say yes, ladies, can you imagine taking care of your big baby while he was carrying the little baby? No thanks. Nursing my husband from a cold just about wears me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 08:04 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,882,949 times
I am probably going to offend and make someone mad......
I don't think its a great idea having a man give birth. I feel, personally, that is a special part of being a woman. That we have the whole Motherly instinct thing.
In vitro is a touchy topic for me. I was told I should not have children. We were all set to adopt and were 100% happy with the ability to grow our family in this way. When we started in the process we found out I was preggo. It is an amazing experience. As someone who didn't think she was ever going to experience carrying a child...I didn't feel like a failure or less of a human being, but I really did want to know what it was like to have a child grow inside of me. AMAZING and I don't know how one couldn't believe in a higher being after experiencing it. Part of me wants to say in vitro isn't natural, but neither is the insulin pump I am wearing that keeps me alive. In my opinion, whatever is in God's plan is going to happen no matter what you try. I have a healthy beautiful daughter and I never ever dreamed I would get to. As a Christian this goes way back in the Bible...Hannah's prayer. Women have been experiencing this forever. Adoption is a beauitful option and we hope to grow our family more this way, but it isn't right for everyone. REALLY tough question!

Old 07-24-2007, 08:38 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
?????

Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
?????
You're really rocking the pics as of late arguy...

Old 07-24-2007, 08:41 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
You're really rocking the pics as of late arguy...
Ouch! My back hurts just looking at the picture.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I have to agree with the ladies though...we'd probably be big ol' wimps.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
lol...at first glance..i thought the guy just had a beer gut...
I have to give credit to all the women here..I agree with jeff, I love kids, but Im a wimp..there I said it..

Old 07-24-2007, 08:54 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
lol...at first glance..i thought the guy just had a beer gut...
I have to give credit to all the women here..I agree with jeff, I love kids, but Im a wimp..there I said it..
I'm a huge wimp. My wife picks on me when I'm sick because I make such a big deal about it.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I'm a huge wimp. My wife picks on me when I'm sick because I make such a big deal about it.
Yea me too, and I usually only get sick about once a year, I wrap up in blankets with a small heater under the blankets and "set up camp" in the recliner i guess im an easy target for her then...I dont even want to think about the prob a guy wudd have with pregnancy.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:02 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
I think most women think most men are wimps when it comes to physical discomfort. However.....shhh!..... I shouldn't be telling you this, but I think I actually read somewhere recently that some study somewhere had shown that men exhibit a higher pain tolerance than women! So...maybe men should be having all the babies! LOL!!

J/K (about men having all the babies, not about the study, that is!) ....regarding that picture, whoa....something about that is just wrong!! !!! Ya know what I mean????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality