Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM

622 posts, read 1,280,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
My wife basically asked me. On a mountain top. It was awesome. And then I asked her. And then she asked me again. This went on for a month or so. But she started it!

God I love that woman.

I asked my ex wife on a mountain top. She sounds like a keeper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 05:23 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
WOMEN are the ones that really crave marriage. Not that men dont want to, but come on, you know its more of a issue with women
I can see little girls playing as brides already dreaming for that day. Sometimes I wonder if women dream more about their proposal, engagement ring, and wedding, than their actually marriage.

Women, its fine that you dream about having that big ring on your finger and showing it to all your girlfriends but, don't you rather have more than 3 months average of your husband's income spent on a house downpayment, home remodelling, a couple of vacation trips, another car, a big tv, clothing, etc. than having all that money just wrapped around your finger?

The whole one-knee thing seems a bit degrating. A guy begging for a woman's heart while she has the power to accept or reject doesn't seem like my thing. I rather give her the speech, hear her also give me the speech. Place the rings on our fingers and enjoy a romantic evening. It's both of us getting married, why would I not show the world I am engaged as well? It takes TWO to get married, right? Why can't I enjoy that magical unforgettable moment to where I get to see my future bride declaring her love to me, putting that ring on my finger, etc. And also giving the speech to my parents just like I would do to her's. All those beautiful experiences SHARED . I don't care if my ring came out of a cracker jack box. It's the whole meaning, wow. I rather have a cracker jack box ring than have 3 month's of her salary wrapped around my finger when we could spend together that money on things we both can enjoy together.

It's nice when I hear women share their stories with tears in their eyes about how their guy proposed on a helicopter, on a cruise, etc. How their man delivered the speech and so on. I have thought of different ways to propose before but also wonder how it would feel to go through that beautiful experience that MOSTLY seem to have the priviledge to enjoy and maybe a guy or two out there.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I can see little girls playing as brides already dreaming for that day. Sometimes I wonder if women dream more about their proposal, engagement ring, and wedding, than their actually marriage.

Women, its fine that you dream about having that big ring on your finger and showing it to all your girlfriends but, don't you rather have more than 3 months average of your husband's income spent on a house downpayment, home remodelling, a couple of vacation trips, another car, a big tv, clothing, etc. than having all that money just wrapped around your finger?

The whole one-knee thing seems a bit degrating. A guy begging for a woman's heart while she has the power to accept or reject doesn't seem like my thing. I rather give her the speech, hear her also give me the speech. Place the rings on our fingers and enjoy a romantic evening. It's both of us getting married, why would I not show the world I am engaged as well? It takes TWO to get married, right? Why can't I enjoy that magical unforgettable moment to where I get to see my future bride declaring her love to me, putting that ring on my finger, etc. And also giving the speech to my parents just like I would do to her's. All those beautiful experiences SHARED . I don't care if my ring came out of a cracker jack box. It's the whole meaning, wow. I rather have a cracker jack box ring than have 3 month's of her salary wrapped around my finger when we could spend together that money on things we both can enjoy together.

It's nice when I hear women share their stories with tears in their eyes about how their guy proposed on a helicopter, on a cruise, etc. How their man delivered the speech and so on. I have thought of different ways to propose before but also wonder how it would feel to go through that beautiful experience that MOSTLY seem to have the priviledge to enjoy and maybe a guy or two out there.
Soooo, when would you like to get your first period, onioC? You'll have to... Arentcha gonna get pregnant? Maybe she'll get pregnant first, and you next! Or maybe both of you at the same time! Wouldn't that be fun?!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 PM

5 posts, read 8,082 times
I actually did over two bottles of Cristal and a pack of Buffalo dogs.......kinda quirky

Old 06-28-2010, 05:31 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,958 times
Absolutely!!! If you want something girl, you go get it!! Don't waste time waiting around for him to get his act together.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:52 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
Actually, Women do not want to get married at all. Most(probably all actually) women couldn't care less about getting married.
What they want is the wedding. The big ceremony and to be a princess for a day.

That's what I've seen from the women I know personally anyway.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
They're welcome to try.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
They're welcome to try.
Who? The residents of the asylum?

Old 06-28-2010, 07:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyDee View Post
I was just wondering what people think about this?
Is it okay for the female to ask her significant other to marry her? I personally,don't see a problem with this but I was just curious what others think.
That is exactly how it worked for the both of us, that 2nd time around.

My 1st was living hell, and i swore never ever again, but time heals all wounds. When asked i had been living with her in common law for 5 years.

At the instant I said NO and went for a long hike, better than 10 miles... ALONE. When i returned I had changed my mind, and since then we are still in love. May 20 95.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:25 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
What they want is the wedding. The big ceremony and to be a princess for a day.

That's what I've seen from the women I know personally anyway.

Not ALL women. Not all the time. Our 2nd each was humbling deep in the woods with very few folks. It didn't cost more than 200 bucks total.

Most of the garments were hand made many by me. LOL that day I had to fix, by sewwing her skirt. She had made a hand made embrodiered bodice.

Perhaps a picture is best eh? Not the best picture either, but all I have on line.

I had forgotten, and so only her chemise and bodice were not made by my own hands, and i made every single thing I have on.

If you look close we are wearing mocs. Hers are center seam and mine are pucker toe.

You can bank on there were a few shot guns and other assorted black powder smoke poles too.

There was a tee pee and other canvas shelters.

At the time there was a hard drought, but I and I alone in the county had a permit. That had to do with running a bow drill for fire.

That would be another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships