Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 02:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi JustJulia,

Unfortunately he is correct. That is a straw man argument. You are also constructing a fallacy of division. You are asserting what is true of the whole straw man you have constructed, is also true of its parts.

Fallacy: Division

You are suggesting that DNA testing is required for a massive database of DNA profiles. This is true and its bad. However the database is bad, not the DNA test. Its comparable to a missive database of fingerprints. The common theme is the intrusive database not a discrete verification. A blood test is reasonable. Uploading the results is not.

We cannot even initiate a discussion of the topic with these rhetorical flaws. In this case there are two of them.
Hello, Gwynedd. The reason none of the procedures I propose can exist is because they are unconstitutional. Your intrusive process can have the best intentions in the world, but it is still intrusive and cannot exist here.

Again, the truth is mere inches from your face, but you cannot see it.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:40 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This coming from a man obsessed with developing tools to pry those legs open. You're so full of it I can smell the stink all the way up here.
He's a PUA? I kind of suspected that.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:47 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The way the system is set up now women are REWARDED for being w h o r e s and thieves. It has to stop and this proposal, paternity testing at birth is one way to do it.

In my opinion, w h o r e s and thieves should NOT be raising children.
GlennSacks.com » Blog Archive

GlennSacks.com » Blog Archive

Old 04-11-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Sorry, but in the real world criminals are punished for their crimes and victims are compensated for their losses. This "suck it up" bull**** is just feminist shaming language of the worst kind.
Actually, adultery isn't a crime in most jurisdictions. Neither is having a child out of wedlock. I don't think men would like it very much if they were.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:53 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Hello, Gwynedd. The reason none of the procedures I propose can exist is because they are unconstitutional. Your intrusive process can have the best intentions in the world, but it is still intrusive and cannot exist here.

Again, the truth is mere inches from your face, but you cannot see it.

Hi JustJulia,

One may have discrete testing done. The test is between the child and the prospective father. Whose rights are being violated if he wishes this to be done privately? The results can be discarded. Since the mother is not being tested, there is no intrusion.

I reject your premise of the massive database. A mother's right to privacy is not from inference. If you and I decide to have a cup of coffee, I can infer that you were not with your husband. I therefore have knowledge of his private life by inference. There is no right to privacy protected from inference. The only one whose rights are threatened are the man's rights. So I would propose that he may be offered the test which he may decline or accept in private to bypass and problem with the apparent accusation.

The mother is irrelevant, need not be tested, and need not be present. Any conclusion is inferred. There is no constitutional right for a mother that even remotely applies.

Forcing the father to take the test is an issue. Give him the right to decline and discard the results and then the issue is solved. Requiring the mother's consent is a violation of his right to privacy.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:00 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Gwynedd, I promise I will give you the heartiest of congratulations on the day that the Supreme Court rules in favor of such a thing. The current bench is far too conservative to allow it.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:00 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This coming from a man obsessed with developing tools to pry those legs open. You're so full of it I can smell the stink all the way up here.

Bull sh*t. You're exactly the kind of man that would end up with a woman like that to begin with. Don't drag me and my fine husband into the cr*p you create.
Hi Brauwyn,

If is is a PUA then he appears to be going against his self interest. A PUA who sleeps around with a lot of women may find more liability. Keeping paternity in doubt benefits sexually active men. I would think they would be against it. I know I would if that were the case.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
The way the system is set up now women are REWARDED for being w h o r e s and thieves. It has to stop and this proposal, paternity testing at birth is one way to do it.
The same argument can be used to throw all constitutional protections out the window. The system right now allows real criminals to get away with real crimes due to its many rights and so forth Are in favor of repealing the Bill of Rights and the Fourteenth Amendments, too? Let's do away with search warrants, trials, rules against self-incrimination, the presumption of innocence, all that other annoying stuff. Hell, let's just start executing people on the spot. As long as it doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong, you'll be fine. [/end sarcasm] For the record, Lindsey -- being pregnant should not render a woman a suspect of being "a ***** and a thief". But I guess this is precisely where you and I differ.

Quote:
In my opinion, w h o r e s and thieves should NOT be raising children.
So, in your opinion, a woman who gets pregnant as a result of committing adultery should lose custody of all her children, not just the one conceived out of wedlock, but all of them? All right. Who should be raising the bastard? Don't say "the biological father" -- after all, he also committed adultery and didn't tell anyone about it, so he is a ***** and a thief too. Unless you believe that for a woman to have a child out of wedlock as somehow more wrong than for a man to do it, you have to be prepared to treat him the same way. In fact, if he has children with his wife, he should lose custody of them as well -- because remember, you said, whores and thieves shouldn't be raising children. That, of course, presupposes that his wife will divorce him immediately. Uh-oh, what if she doesn't? What then? I guess, that would make her an accessory to her husband's thieving and whoring, so she should lose custody of her children. See where extreme and uncompromising viewpoints get you? You've gone from being outraged by infidelity to stripping a cheated-upon wife of child custody on account of her husband's cheating.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:07 PM

(I don't think PUA's get to sleep with a lot of women. Unless you count inflatable ones.)

Old 04-11-2010, 03:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Ahh, finally the blogs come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
He's a PUA? I kind of suspected that.
Yes, he's a PUA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Brauwyn,

If is is a PUA then he appears to be going against his self interest. A PUA who sleeps around with a lot of women may find more liability. Keeping paternity in doubt benefits sexually active men. I would think they would be against it. I know I would if that were the case.
Well, Nutz is an admitted player, tho, it's not as if his pov's have ever been terribly rational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships