Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,693,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
As for putting a tracker in your car, spying on you, and cracking into emails for lovers, why would I go to such an extent? If you're going to cheat, you're going to cheat. In the end, it all comes up in the paternity test. Seems like a lot of hard work when I can send a test away and get real proof in two days Or is that your irrational/jump to conclusions thinking again...
No, that's a perfectly reasonable conclusion drawn from the fact that you assume your wife to be a cheat. Your dismissive attitude towards the "explanation" you yourself demanded ("Doesn't mean much coming from a woman") also demonstrates why a woman would be perfectly reasonable in divorcing a man who considered everything she said meaningless. Even if you are soft-spoken, who wants to be married to a man who treats you as a household appliance?

Quote:
Still, I thought like many men, how can I get someone preggers? You're not a guy so you don't understand it.
In that case, don't claim to know what women think. You are not a woman, are you?

Quote:
There is that thought of being totally unable to reproduce for some reason. It might even be hardwired into us. We can sew our seeds across a country and not feel the need to take responcability for anything. The thought of "Well I can't have a kid" sure makes it easy.
Come to think of it, I've never interacted with a guy who didn't take basic high school biology. I just didn't realize so many grown men believed babies come from storks.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 PM

36,727 posts, read 31,015,711 times
Quote:
On the flip side, what if he threw those test results away? What if his wife found them and chimped out because "he didn't trust her?" File for divorce, sell the home, move away, kid growing up with no dad, the works. All over a little piece of carbon paper. I think we all know who is only thinking of themselves in this thread
Thats the same that would happen if the DNA result showed he was not the biological father. He would file for divorce and move away. No dad in the works. Only thinking about himself.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,693,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats the same that would happen if the DNA result showed he was not the biological father. He would file for divorce and move away. No dad in the works. Only thinking about himself.
[sarcasm]Well, it's okay for a man to think only about himself. He is the subject of history. A woman, by contrast, is an object, which is to say, her own wants and desires are irrelevant.[/end sarcasm]

Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,231,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I think men who sleep with married women would have an objection to this. But it's eye-opening to see how many men on CD have such poor self-esteem, they automatically imagine themselves in the position of the cuckolded husband, rather than the secret lover.
Good observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'd submit to the test, pack up and move out. I have no desire to be with someone who doesn't trust me. He has every right to ask for the test and I have every right not to stay with someone who thinks I sleep around on him.

If it were automatic, I'd have no issue with it but I'd know my relationship was in the toilet if my husband asked for a DNA test.
If my dh was taken by an as$ scratching, whining, CD body-snatcher and subsequently asked for such a test, I'd submit as well. Although, it would be his bags packed as I sent him on his way.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:17 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,257,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
it's not even close to the same thing

in one instance the man was the father and had an obligation as such

in the other instance he wasn't

in one instance there was no infidelity on behalf of anyone

in the other instance there was not only infidelity, but also enough irresponsibility involved in it to result in a child

in one instance the childs father is being pushed away .... in the other the childs father needs to be found and needs to take responsibility for his actions ..... the man who was cheated on shouldn't have to take the responsibilities of raising a child created by his wife and another man

Old 07-31-2009, 01:19 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,563,006 times
many guys raise kids that are not theirs & never know it.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:22 PM

doesn't make it right though

Old 07-31-2009, 01:29 PM

36,727 posts, read 31,015,711 times
Quote:
it's not even close to the same thing

in one instance the man was the father and had an obligation as such

in the other instance he wasn't

in one instance there was no infidelity on behalf of anyone

in the other instance there was not only infidelity, but also enough irresponsibility involved in it to result in a child

in one instance the childs father is being pushed away .... in the other the childs father needs to be found and needs to take responsibility for his actions ..... the man who was cheated on shouldn't have to take t

he responsibilities of raising a child created by his wife and another man
Bottom line is the same. Divorce. Child growing up in a single parent home with no father figure. Some guy begrudgingly paying child support.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:42 PM

no it isn't

in one instance you have a willing father who is getting pushed away

in the other you have a person who should be taking responsibility and has that option if allowed and willing

just because there is divorce, doesn't even remotely mean that the end outcomes would be the same

in the 2nd one the biological could step up and be part of the life if allowed

in the first one the biological is being forced out

that is a big difference

Old 07-31-2009, 02:31 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,489,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
no it isn't

in one instance you have a willing father who is getting pushed away

in the other you have a person who should be taking responsibility and has that option if allowed and willing

just because there is divorce, doesn't even remotely mean that the end outcomes would be the same

in the 2nd one the biological could step up and be part of the life if allowed

in the first one the biological is being forced out

that is a big difference
A man who is in a committed relationship and insists on a paternity test could hardly be described as a "willing father" and more like a "paranoid loser with self esteem issues". IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships