Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 03:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,242,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Alright, not lesbianism...well I am just going to have to make it healthy then. Been living alone this long, may as well go the duration. but if you do feels like you need the company of your gf's then that is fine too, nothing against it, but I don't like people that much anyways personally. Women friends a lot of time nothign but problems, too much pettiness and competition plus their conversations are usually about males and their sex lives, kids etc. Don't haven nothing in common with that.
That's too bad. I've had my girls for almost 20 years now. If we outlive our husbands I'd love a golden girls situation. I'm planning on purchasing vacation property with one of them within the next 5 years. They're my sisters. I also have one male best friend. These people get me through life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 03:03 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,756,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The thing you obviously don't realize is, your personal experience has clouded your judgement and is preventing you from seeing the existence of some really good things in life.

The problem with that, besides how sad it is, is that it's just not accurate to judge all men by the ones you've known personally in your life who were scum.

And trust me, I've seen my fair share of bad marriages - I know not all marriages are good and happy.

But unlike you, I realize I cannot judge the whole world of men based on a few bad examples of them that I have seen.

The world is just not that black and white.

I do not need to "account for my husband's whereabouts" every second of every day.

I know the man. He's mine, in this lifetime and in the next.

I know you can't understand that, so no amount of me telling you about it is going to change your mind.

But I do hope you will at least be open to the possibility that there are things in this life that do exist, even though you've never experienced them yourself.
well don't say that it's sad or you feels sad for me like a pity or something b/c there's really no need for it. everybody want to talk about the 'joys and wonders of love and relationship' -- yet half of these peoples is divorced, so not as joyous and wonderful as they play it out to be. if it was they would stays with the person they were with from the beginning instead of hopping around person to person....if you feels comfortable that you cannot decide likelihood of behaviors of males you meet based on numerous examples from the past experiences, then that is fine and your choice. Not feeling the need to account for your husband whereabouts most of the day is exactly what I'm talking about how they uses this to do a snow job on women. tell them they are one place for years then finds out they have been diddling some woman elsewhere. theres plenty of 'questionable' women throwing themselves at these married men. But hey, that's not my problem. the women that's pregnant use the same logic to explain why their husbands is going 9 months or more with sex as the ones that say their husband is not cheating thousands of miles away in Afghanistan. Again, not my problem, as long as she beleive it. LOL.

I am open to the possibilities but not if that include positioning myself to get used, abused, or treated like a fool.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:12 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,035,729 times
Heck, you have to re-new licenses for everything else, why not this? Maybe bankrupt states like California could find a new source of income. Oh wait... *hits forehead* I almost forgot I was dealing with the state that's home of the land of 72 day marriages that are made for television...

Seriously though, aside from the money stream, I see no reason for this. You either want to stay married or not. Having to re-new the license would probably be no more to most people than another "annoying expense" and the state interfering with their lives.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,902,551 times
Quote:
well don't say that it's sad or you feels sad for me like a pity or something b/c there's really no need for it. everybody want to talk about the 'joys and wonders of love and relationship' -- yet half of these peoples is divorced, so not as joyous and wonderful as they play it out to be. if it was they would stays with the person they were with from the beginning instead of hopping around person to person....if you feels comfortable that you cannot decide likelihood of behaviors of males you meet based on numerous examples from the past experiences, then that is fine and your choice. Not feeling the need to account for your husband whereabouts most of the day is exactly what I'm talking about how they uses this to do a snow job on women. tell them they are one place for years then finds out they have been diddling some woman elsewhere. theres plenty of 'questionable' women throwing themselves at these married men. But hey, that's not my problem. the women that's pregnant use the same logic to explain why their husbands is going 9 months or more with sex as the ones that say their husband is not cheating thousands of miles away in Afghanistan. Again, not my problem, as long as she beleive it. LOL.

I am open to the possibilities but not if that include positioning myself to get used, abused, or treated like a fool.

But that's the truly tragic part to me - you don't even want to be pitied for this skewed view of life and men that you have because you have no clue how twisted it really is.

I wish so badly I could look you in the eye, face to face, and explain to you in a way that would really make sense to you just how much more life could offer you if you weren't so erroneously convinced how bad men are

You apparently come from a very wounded place to have the beliefs you do. And I'm really really sorry for you.

But truly, there ARE good men out here in the world. Men who don't leave. Men who don't cheat. Men who cherish and protect their women and relationships.

I sincerely hope one day you meet one

Old 03-31-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's too bad. I've had my girls for almost 20 years now. If we outlive our husbands I'd love a golden girls situation. I'm planning on purchasing vacation property with one of them within the next 5 years. They're my sisters. I also have one male best friend. These people get me through life.

why do you want to lives like that? b/c you wouldn't have a man? whats wrong with just living by yourself? do you feels you can't make it on your own or something?

Old 03-31-2012, 04:12 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,074,224 times
Quote:
why do you want to lives like that? b/c you wouldn't have a man? whats wrong with just living by yourself? do you feels you can't make it on your own or something?
Misandric intentions, I assume.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't want to. Financially it wouldn't be an issue. I'm a high enough earner. And it's not that I want folk around 24/7. I certainly need ample alone space. I just find more meaning in my life/activities when I have people to share it with. I'm also very close with my family. I'm family oriented through and through.

To add, cooking is a good analogy. I do not cook elaborate meals for myself. On my own I go real simple, usually raw. I will cook for my husband and I, so I at least get to enjoy my cooking daily. I'll go all out for a dinner party/group of friends, which I try to do often. The process of sharing makes it more involved and enjoyable.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I don't think you understand what that word means. How in the world is living life with a bunch of girlfriends misandry? Not that you will have the fortitude to answer this question with any kind of depth or reason.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:21 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,074,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't think you understand what that word means. How in the world is living life with a bunch of girlfriends misandry? Not that you will have the fortitude to answer this question with any kind of depth or reason.
From what I understand, y'all talking about outliving your husbands and getting their fortunes. Then y'all use their fortunes to buy their own luxuries.

That goes to show that one demographic don't even care about their own spouses and are basically using them.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post

I agree with Braunwyn -- I don't think you understand the meaning of it. How she misandric when she married to a man in the first place? She said after her husband pass or whatever she would lives like that....also you miss the part where she said 'she earns enough of her own money' I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships