Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 02:35 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,954,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
what's him being moderator have to do with anything? Moderator or no, I really don't beleive he asked his wife 'how to be a better husband' and 'took notes' on it to boot. LMAO. I file that under far fetched. That doesn't require patience and understanding on your part.
My husband asks me almost every day what he can do to make my life easier/better/more fulfilled. I do the same for him. I don't think either of us has ever written it down, but we have the conversation just about daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
what's him being moderator have to do with anything? Moderator or no, I really don't beleive he asked his wife 'how to be a better husband' and 'took notes' on it to boot. LMAO. I file that under far fetched. That doesn't require patience and understanding on your part.
Again, file this under "one of those things you are incapable of understanding" - not the "far-fetched" file

Old 04-03-2012, 04:41 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,744,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, file this under "one of those things you are incapable of understanding" - not the "far-fetched" file

I'll file it under who gives a crap instead.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:17 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,744,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I know it isn't easy and you sometimes feel like you are "forced" to go with the flow on things that make NO SENSE at all, and are in direct opposition to the things you know and think. But love and relationships aren't a perfect formula that you can work out, nor will everyone fit into the same size/shape box.

Just do yourself a favor (although it might not seem like a favor) and just believe someone on here the next time they say something about their relationship you just can't understand.

*(I mean like I totally probably wouldn't believe you if you said you had a living 14" pink and purple unicorn as a pet, but I would believe in your belief of your pet, if that makes ANY sense)*

And if the time ever comes that they were wrong and you were 100% right, then don't go with the "I knew this would happen; or I told you so", just say how sorry (even if you don't mean it, 'cause fake sympathy still has it's place) you are for their situation, and move on.

The inability to percieve emotions and relationships with full trust is hard for someone with your condition, but not impossible! There IS hope, I promise; even if it might not seem like it. My best girlfriend has twin daughters; one with CP the other with ASD like yours, and she will be 23 in a month and is getting married in Sept. She started therapy, and actually believe it or not acupuncture and hypnosis and whether it was the therapy, or the acupuncture or the hypnosis; it's really helped her to understand emotions and become more intune with others.

There is also some studies that suggest SSRI's can help with this as well, although they are Rx'd for "off label" use in this manner.

Dewdrop also has good ideas as well.

Also, do you take any college classes? If so, have you taken any Sociology classes? They might give you a more "structured, clinical" view of humans and their interactions.

Either way good luck!
just like dissenter said his friend or whatever is getting married, male and has ASD. and now your friend's daughter. No offense but someone having a success story has no baring on my life. I guess they were able to accomplish something and get past it and that's all well and good. But that's not true for everyone, it's always someone else's success story....that's the problem, expected to just go with the flow when things are blatantly ridiculous to me. Just forgo that and beleive what everyone says yet they discredit left and right my experiences and daily interactions as silly and inaccurate. They have decided that a few bad apples didn't spoil the bunch and that's probably b/c they encountered very few bad apples in the first place.....I have 2 college degrees and I was glad to graduate b/c I hated 98% of the college experience.

. I am done trying, there's no place for MOST people with A.S. in this cesspool world. I will be glad when the whole thing falls apart.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
just like dissenter said his friend or whatever is getting married, male and has ASD. and now your friend's daughter. No offense but someone having a success story has no baring on my life. I guess they were able to accomplish something and get past it and that's all well and good. But that's not true for everyone, it's always someone else's success story....that's the problem, expected to just go with the flow when things are blatantly ridiculous to me. Just forgo that and beleive what everyone says yet they discredit left and right my experiences and daily interactions as silly and inaccurate. They have decided that a few bad apples didn't spoil the bunch and that's probably b/c they encountered very few bad apples in the first place.....I have 2 college degrees and I was glad to graduate b/c I hated 98% of the college experience.

. I am done trying, there's no place for MOST people with A.S. in this cesspool world. I will be glad when the whole thing falls apart.
I wish you would double your therapist visits - there is just no reason to feel this hopeless and negative about the world. It CAN be better, but you have to want to try honey!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:37 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,178,924 times
I don't think marriage license should have an expiration date. I do however think it should be much harder to get married in the first place (not as simple as just getting a marriage license and visit a jp) relationship counseling, communication counseling etc should be mandatory. I also think it should be much harder to get divorced (obviously abuse and illegal activity would through a wrench in the things and you should be able to divorce when those things happen) but getting divorced just because your tired of each other isn't really a good reason.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,564,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Should marriage licenses expire?
My vows said "as long as you both shall live." I think we've got a few years left in us, yet.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,457,430 times
That would make marriage too easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships