Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When in an interracial relationship do you get more stares/ noticed???
Yes 22 56.41%
No 7 17.95%
Same 2 5.13%
Neutral 8 20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:55 PM

32 posts, read 310,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Yes, more stares...but only because I am white, and have been with darker black girls. I think light and dark skin will get looks regardless of race.
Like Indian and a German or something lol.
finally a real answer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 05:56 PM

32 posts, read 310,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Some people stare because they're looking at you as if to say, "who does he/she think they are because they're dating that *insert race here*?"
best answer YET!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:25 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,833,810 times
When I was in an interracial relationship I could care less who stared. My ex always thought people were looking and used to say, "Who care!"

Old 03-14-2009, 07:32 PM

640 posts, read 1,733,283 times
I guess the next best question would be: How do you deal with the staring? I'm a Hispanic (somewhat Mestizo looking) girl who's dating a white guy and I've gotten some serious death stares from white chicks. I guess some white women take it as a personal insult...??? Then again, I've heard of Hispanic girls staring down white girls who are with Hispanic guys, but that certainly doesn't make it any less disconcerting for me. I could care less who a Hispanic guy dates, but that's just me.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
I guess the next best question would be: How do you deal with the staring? I'm a Hispanic (somewhat Mestizo looking) girl who's dating a white guy and I've gotten some serious death stares from white chicks. I guess some white women take it as a personal insult...??? Then again, I've heard of Hispanic girls staring down white girls who are with Hispanic guys, but that certainly doesn't make it any less disconcerting for me. I could care less who a Hispanic guy dates, but that's just me.
That is bad. I don't know why white women would care. Some people are just racist.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:51 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,799,446 times
I have read this thread "from afar" for a while trying not to get heated.

I am a white guy raised in inner city Dallas.(No we don't wear cowboy hats and ride horses!) There were maybe 3 other white kids in our neighborhood. I grew up not even knowing what racism felt like. No one in the community ever made me feel like I was less or unwanted. I had some of the best friends in the world come out of my childhood. When we got into highschool and all the rage was for each "race" to blame the other for whatever was bugging them; I lost a few friends to "reverse" racism. I lost a few girlfriends to angry fathers.

All in all this is mod cut 2009 Get off race. Who cares what color the paper is on a Christmas present! Open it get to know what is inside. We are not really all that different. Most of the divide is really over stupidity on both sides. The only true dividing factor is life experience. I now live in an upper middle class home, my wife is not white. We get constant crappy stares from the old white people. When I go to see my bestfriends mom( In the heart of Dallas Ghetto), no one says anything bad to us. Hell no one even cares we are there.

I am done I just could not contain it anymore!

Last edited by mrstewart; 03-15-2009 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: foul language

Old 03-15-2009, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,880 times
I'm white and usually date asian men, I get lots of stares and used to think something was wrong with me. I thought I must look like a clown or something because people would glare and sometimes look mean. I didn't notice until 2 yrs into my 1st asian relationship that it was only when I was with him. I always used to point it out and ask him why are those people staring at us? My friend told me that it was probably the fact that I'm white and he is asian and people aren't used to seeing that. I thought that was silly and I'm still very proud to be with an asian guy. I like the attention now.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:43 PM

This question is really useless as who in H cares who stares at you really. Ignore them period. No reason to care about some stanger. Life is too short!

Old 03-15-2009, 03:13 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,946,925 times
When I see a good looking well dressed woman three things come into my mind.

1. She might be single and available.

2. She has a boyfriend and he is VERY lucky.

3. She is married and has a VERY lucky husband.

Steve

Old 03-16-2009, 07:32 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,699,429 times
these types of people are racist, IMO. Who cares who dates who?? If you don't like it, tough! never go outside because there will be interracial couples everywhere. So if you don't want to see them, then stay home!!
Is it 2009 or what??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Some people stare because they're looking at you as if to say, "who does he/she think they are because they're dating that *insert race here*?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships