Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When in an interracial relationship do you get more stares/ noticed???
Yes 22 56.41%
No 7 17.95%
Same 2 5.13%
Neutral 8 20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 04:22 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,029,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
It's staring someone down with the intent to start a fight.
That makes sense now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 06:35 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,132,230 times
I'm pretty sure that I get stares, but I don't pay attention so I don't notice. But it's been mentioned by a couple of dates who did notice.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:42 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
My father has some racist tendencies and I usually bust his balls about it. I kid around with Mrs. Chow who happens to be half Mexican that I wished she was black just to **** off my dad.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,570,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
I am an white male (French) and my current girlfriend is Hispanic (Cuban), and even i will notice or even stare at (not that i do it intentionally or to purposely make someone uncomfortable) interracial couples, whether they are WM/AF, AM/WF, BM/WF, WM/BF etc.

it is curiousity. i merely like to see who happens to be hooking up with who

i guess i will even do other things like see of one partner is more attractive than the other, guess how they got together, etc When i would rarely do this with monoracial couples.

When dating non-white females/ males, do you feel other people staring/noticing you in public? Like when your in an interracial relationship you get more stares/ noticed then when in an mono-racial relationship. How do you feel about that? Has it ever made you feel uncomfortable?

Why is it that interracial relationships get more media attention? E.g. Kobe vs Shaq.

I feel that a lot of interracial couples are fine in private but perhaps at least somewhat reluctant to show public affection, go certain places, hold hands, etc. what are your thoughts?

Maybe they are staring because you are both gorgeous?!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:10 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My father has some racist tendencies and I usually bust his balls about it. I kid around with Mrs. Chow who happens to be half Mexican that I wished she was black just to **** off my dad.
I have a dad like that too. It must be the generation.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 PM

17,648 posts, read 22,693,432 times
I grew up an Army brat & i proudly served in the military of our Great Country. I've always had Sisters & Brothers with different hues of skin color. I Love Everyone that Loves me............................

Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 PM

12,974 posts, read 34,003,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I highly doubt anyone is staring in Los Angeles, mixed couples are extremely common around here so it is not much of a novelty. It probably happens outside urban areas.
I agree. Here in LA, you almost see as many interracial couples as non-interracial couples.

A sampling of some of my close friends:

Russian female with Black male - Married
Persian male with Asian female - Married
White male with Black female - Married
Asian Male with Hispanic female - engaged
White female with Persian male - Married
White female with Hispanic/Middleastern male - Married
Jewish male with hispanic female - Married

Its very very very common here in Southern California. No one notices, no one cares about it. Its just people who found love with each other and are happy.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,185,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
I am an white male (French) and my current girlfriend is Hispanic (Cuban), and even i will notice or even stare at (not that i do it intentionally or to purposely make someone uncomfortable) interracial couples, whether they are WM/AF, AM/WF, BM/WF, WM/BF etc.

it is curiousity. i merely like to see who happens to be hooking up with who

i guess i will even do other things like see of one partner is more attractive than the other, guess how they got together, etc When i would rarely do this with monoracial couples.

When dating non-white females/ males, do you feel other people staring/noticing you in public? Like when your in an interracial relationship you get more stares/ noticed then when in an mono-racial relationship. How do you feel about that? Has it ever made you feel uncomfortable?

Why is it that interracial relationships get more media attention? E.g. Kobe vs Shaq.

I feel that a lot of interracial couples are fine in private but perhaps at least somewhat reluctant to show public affection, go certain places, hold hands, etc. what are your thoughts?
Where DO you come from????

Interracial couples are hardly a new thing...W H Y would anyone stare?????

Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 PM

17,648 posts, read 22,693,432 times
When i lived in Monterey, CA i was dating a beautiful gal who had a huge Hispanic Family. They pretty much adopted me into the Family.......................................... ................Salute.......................

Old 01-10-2009, 08:58 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,437,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
This, I am not concerned about. It's the inter-galactic staring that really pisses me off!!!
OH! I had no idea you had noticed my stares. I guess I better expect my replacement soon. It was nice staring at y'all while it lasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships