Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:48 PM

105 posts, read 250,349 times

Advertisements

After reading the many posts/comments related to interracial dating, I had to think about my past dating patterns. (Haven't dated in years; been married)

I've never dated outside of my race (black). I've seen some attractive guys in other races, but never approached one and/or dated any.

Is it a natural occurence? Or do people have bad experiences within their race that pushes them to look outside?

Personally I think people should date whomever they feel is a good match for them, no matter their race. Just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 02:56 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,012,452 times
There was a black man (half, actually, if that makes any difference) whom I could have fallen in love with, easily. We grew up together with a crush on each other from grade school. But our families had a problem with dating outside our race so we, both being shy to the extreme, didn't make waves. I've always regretted that. I didn't want to date him b'c of bad experiences with my race. I just loved him as a person.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:01 PM

751 posts, read 2,481,904 times
I am white and dated a black man because after meeting him through a friend (not a set up, just ran into him) he asked me out and we had a good time.

I think people should date whoever they want. But I do think people need to be realistic about others reactions. The families my hate you just based on your race and there will be nothing you can do about it. So you will have to live in the family knowing they hate you. So it comes down to the person choosing to live like that or move on.

And they can and will do horrible things to split you up!

Old 08-20-2009, 03:09 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
It sounds like you want to date white guys but just want to see what others think.

Blacks and whites that date "outside their race" usually end up with either with someone black or white, in most situations. Other situations do occur but it's normally black/white.

I have been using a dating website for the past 6 weeks or so, and when I see a attractive gal and she has a nice profile BUT she happens to be East Indian, the thought of I think I'll "try dating outside of my race" never crosses my mind. My only thought is, I hope she responds to my initial contact.

People make such a big deal about it. What I would be leery of is someone that does not date their own race at all.......or someone that thinks their race is "bad"" and dating another race will be somehow "different and good".

As a matter of fact I received a message in my email from a young lady( she is not black) that responded to my profile on the dating site.......no big deal. I responded back.

I wouldn't look at her any different than I'd look at the interior of a black young lady. Again, no big deal, nothing special or unique about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I just want to know View Post
After reading the many posts/comments related to interracial dating, I had to think about my past dating patterns. (Haven't dated in years; been married)

I've never dated outside of my race (black). I've seen some attractive guys in other races, but never approached one and/or dated any.

Is it a natural occurence? Or do people have bad experiences within their race that pushes them to look outside?

Personally I think people should date whomever they feel is a good match for them, no matter their race. Just my thoughts.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:12 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,093,726 times
Back in college, I dated a black girl and an hispanic girl or three.

I asked them out cuz they were nice.

But I married a VERY bad white woman.....

I'm a white guy, BTW.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:14 PM

Bad as in "smokin hot" or bad as in bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Back in college, I dated a black girl and an hispanic girl or three.

I asked them out cuz they were nice.

But I married a VERY bad white woman.....

I'm a white guy, BTW.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:16 PM
YAZ

You kiddin' me?

Once I found out she was "nasty", I went out and bought her a diamond ring.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:18 PM

LOL.........you're a real winner YAZ

Have "fun".

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
You kiddin' me?

Once I found out she was "nasty", I went out and bought her a diamond ring.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:22 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
LOL.........you're a real winner YAZ

Have "fun".
That's the whole point of playin', eh?

To WIN.

All women of all races are beautiful in their own 'lil way.

'Cept the French. Too much hair.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:26 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Unless you've been sucked through a time warp into 1963 Mississippi, I'd say go for it. Date who you are attracted to, why deprive yourself of someone because of what others may think? You could be missing out on a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships