Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:59 PM

62 posts, read 218,882 times

Advertisements

I have dated outside of my race, and thought it was fine. Although, I think that black girls had more of a problem with me dating black men, than anyone else did...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM

167 posts, read 435,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
There was a black man (half, actually, if that makes any difference) whom I could have fallen in love with, easily. We grew up together with a crush on each other from grade school. But our families had a problem with dating outside our race so we, both being shy to the extreme, didn't make waves. I've always regretted that. I didn't want to date him b'c of bad experiences with my race. I just loved him as a person.
If he was half black than why did his family oppose dating outside his race. He must've been mixed right?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:40 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
the white guy black girl couples i have seen seemed very happy.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,039,788 times
I am a white male, and I am attracted to quite a few women outside my race. The biggest challenge of course is approaching a woman of a different race, not knowing whether or not they are open to someone outside of their own race. The only black woman I had any measure of success with ended the relationship out of fear that someone in her family would hurt me physically. I found it hard to believe that such an attitude about interracial dating could exist in 2009, however, people do surprise me. I suppose I should know living in South Carolina..

Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 AM

261 posts, read 669,305 times
I don't want no mulattos kids

Old 08-26-2009, 12:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,683,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
I don't want no mulattos kids
Don't think you'll have a problem there............

Old 08-26-2009, 03:04 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,197,805 times
It's no different than approaching women of you own race. Just because you're of the same race does not mean they'll automatically be interested does it?

The only thing you can do is appraoch and if they are not interested move on. Do look at it as "dating outside my race".Just look at it as ........DATING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I am a white male, and I am attracted to quite a few women outside my race. The biggest challenge of course is approaching a woman of a different race, not knowing whether or not they are open to someone outside of their own race. The only black woman I had any measure of success with ended the relationship out of fear that someone in her family would hurt me physically. I found it hard to believe that such an attitude about interracial dating could exist in 2009, however, people do surprise me. I suppose I should know living in South Carolina..

Old 08-26-2009, 05:12 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,817,680 times
I'm a white woman and I'm extremely attracted to a black man at work, and sometimes it seems like he likes me back, but I can't tell. He may not even be open to dating outside his race. One thing that concerns me is that if I did I would make enemies of some of the black women at work. (He is smokin' hot after all!)

I went out with men of other races when I was young and obviously I'm still open to it. I also let my daughters know that I would be open to them dating outside their race as well--we've traveled the world so we're pretty open minded in these matters.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,197,805 times
CORRECTION TO MY LAST POST

I wanted to say don't not do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
It's no different than approaching women of you own race. Just because you're of the same race does not mean they'll automatically be interested does it?

The only thing you can do is appraoch and if they are not interested move on. Don't look at it as "dating outside my race".Just look at it as ........DATING!

Old 08-27-2009, 06:38 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,906,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I'm a white woman and I'm extremely attracted to a black man at work, and sometimes it seems like he likes me back, but I can't tell. He may not even be open to dating outside his race. One thing that concerns me is that if I did I would make enemies of some of the black women at work. (He is smokin' hot after all!)
I've had friends that did get a pretty hard time for the same thing from women in the office. The best thing you can do IMO, is let him know your concerns if you do go out, and perhaps keep it outside the office until you know if it will become more serious.
I think a lot of people prefer to keep their personal life out of the office anyway, no matter their race, because it keeps gossip from going haywire. As a matter of fact, my bff was dating her boss and kept it under wraps until after her new job assignment, just so people wouldn't think she slept her way to the top. They are married now with 3 kids.=)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships