Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The people who disagree are all "meanies".
I see it all the time.
The suck-up people.
the disagree with anything people.
The i want sympathy people.
The I hate everybody people.

The world takes all kinds!
I try to be all the above.

You are such a great poster and make so much sense(suck-up), but I totally disagree with your conclusion and think you are a terrible person (a$$ h***) for saying the things you say on this forum. The world is a rotten place and no one likes me but I feel your pain and think your parents are to blame.

I can't get a date cause I'm so beautiful no one appreciates me for my brains, they just want great sex. I think I may be gay and my kids hate me. My wife is a teacher and sleeping with one of her students but that's OK cause he supplies my drugs.

I hope I covered the worlds problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,086,725 times
I have gotten great help out of posting here. I had something of a spiritual crisis nature going on at one point, and a poster seemingly otherworldly hit the nail on the head. He directed me to a list to see if there was something I had missed, while others scoffed. Problem solved. It worked for me. I had invited this problem into my life. I discovered it, and dealt with it.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:46 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,207,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I have gotten great help out of posting here. I had something of a spiritual crisis nature going on at one point, and a poster seemingly otherworldly hit the nail on the head. He directed me to a list to see if there was something I had missed, while others scoffed. Problem solved. It worked for me. I had invited this problem into my life. I discovered it, and dealt with it.
I have to say I've gotten some indirect help, too... sometimes in mysterious ways...

Old 07-18-2008, 10:29 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,225,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
You throw something out there, and you don't like the responces
Hmffff
The people who disagree are all "meanies".
I see it all the time.
The suck-up people.
the disagree with anything people.
The i want sympathy people.
The I hate everybody people.

The world takes all kinds!

The you haven't read all 5800 posts by me so you don't know, people...lol
to those people I say....when do you have time to be in a relationship, or feed your kids? aybe you could afford your bills if you stopped paying internet and instead got a job?

We are such an enabling society. Most people can easily fix their problems with a little effort. But gosh we love to beat our own drum, don't we? How's that for harsh?
Then there's the annoying a**holes who butt into threads thinking they know all about it and take it waaaay off topic and accuse the poster of being a liar because they don't like the way something is written. They are especially aggravating.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:31 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,454,873 times
I'm still shaking my head over that having an affair with a married man thread. What a train wreck.

Anyone looked at her profile?? You should, it might clarify a few things OR confuse you even more.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:42 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,459,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
True, but also true that some respondents have the tact of a flea. They attack the poster instead of the post, they assume numerous things, and they place their own agenda on top of the OP's thread.
Yep...this problem seems to run rampant on the boards. People take things too personally and start with the name-calling and trash talk. I don't post anything with the expectation of approval, but somehow people feel the need to let me know I don't have theirs. Like I give a flying f*ck. As I mentioned on another thread, I'm merely here for my own entertainment, perhaps rattle a few cages, etc. I'm certainly not going to seek advice, approval, edification, justification about personal matters from people who don't know me from Adam.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:45 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,224,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'm still shaking my head over that having an affair with a married man thread. What a train wreck.

Anyone looked at her profile?? You should, it might clarify a few things OR confuse you even more.
What are you insinuating ?

Old 07-18-2008, 10:53 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,613,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because people don't want honesty. They want validation.
Exactly~

Old 07-18-2008, 08:19 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,683,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

Are you referring to the the "dating a married man" thread to this thread?
WTH does her profile have to do with anything anyway?

Old 07-18-2008, 08:31 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,227,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that most of the respondents start off nice to all the new posters, but when that poster starts making redundant threads with the same theme and self pitying tone, those formerly nice respondents start being more harsh and dishing out the tough love because the poster wasn't helped out by their nicer approach. I can think of several thread starters that fall into this category of making many redundant threads and wallowing in self pity. And I think that at that point, it's better to be brutally honest with them instead of pretending to agree with them and to encourage their misogynist thoughts. Then in real life, they are going to think that they were right because their internet "friends" said so. Of course, what some of these people need is professional counseling... but most people can't afford it.
I have to agree with you on this. I have seen many threads that are just like that. The OP asks for advice or opinions on a situation and those responding give the best advice or opinion they can give in a nice manner. However, the OP then comes back and starts justifying, disagreeing, or arguing everything offered. Before you know it, those that were posting so nicely before are posting now in a more frustrated and harsh manner. Very much like you said, being brutally honest.

The way I look at it is this, if you are going to come onto a forum like this and air out some sort of dirty laundry you have going on in your life asking for opinions or advice, then you have to be prepared to hear those responses coming in from all sorts of different angles. Everyone here has had their own experiences and has their own views or opinions and that is what they are going to share. Afterall, that is what was asked for. However, some of those opinions or advice may be something you can agree with or something you can't. But the poster's have their right to have their opinions on subjects you put out there.

When it comes to opinions and advice, I believe as I learned growing up. Everyone is going to have an opinion or advice, you listen to it all, take what you feel will help you out and makes sense to you, discard the rest and simply say thank you for your opinion or advice. In the end, we are just a bunch of strangers on here posting in this forum. What happens in anyone's life is their life and theirs alone. We can offer advice and opinions, but they are the ones that have to make the choices and live with the choices they make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships