Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 08:13 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,036,242 times

Advertisements

I went ahead and deleted my Tinder account and app. The highs and the lows were taking their toll on me mentally. Getting all excited about some pretty girl that matches with me, only to not hear back, or get unmatched all together. Then I go to a real dark place, I start contemplating suicide and all.

Well, Tinder did motivate me to go to the dentist. I even went out and bought a new outfit, for all my dates LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 09:22 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,782,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
I went ahead and deleted my Tinder account and app. The highs and the lows were taking their toll on me mentally. Getting all excited about some pretty girl that matches with me, only to not hear back, or get unmatched all together. Then I go to a real dark place, I start contemplating suicide and all.

Well, Tinder did motivate me to go to the dentist. I even went out and bought a new outfit, for all my dates LOL.
Tinder is never to be taken seriously

Old 05-21-2018, 10:32 PM

55 posts, read 36,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Hundreds easily. It's not about finding one you're compatible with, that's not the hardest part. You have to be compatible, attracted, have good chemistry in and out of the bedroom, and then want the same thing, THEN of course, they have to have all those things with you, THEN you need to make the relationship work.

It's a freaking tall order, and it makes sense it is hard to find, because a fairly small percentage of the population is going to hit on each of those factors and you'll hit on theirs a small percentage of the time. I probably have 50-100 first meetings, easily, between meeting a match where it makes sense to pursue monogamy (one every 2-3 years or so, on average), and most don't work out past a few months as something comes up for one person, or the other, or life stuff gets in the way.

Agree with all of this.

Also, I need to start shipping in the water from wherever this guy lives. I've had four dates in the last decade.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post

I doubt it's JUST Tinder. I've been low before, and it ends up being everything, including our modern electronic ways of meeting people, that when they all let you down, you feel really lonely.

When you see other's succeed at something social, then you relentlessly fail, it hurts... even in it's "a just for fun app" that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:48 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,425,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbound_And_Up View Post
Agree with all of this.

Also, I need to start shipping in the water from wherever this guy lives. I've had four dates in the last decade.
I tend to get a lot of first dates as well. The key is definitely the photos (no selfies/sunglasses and showing your body type and face) and filling out the bio description boxes (or however many they have depending on the app).

At least that works for me.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:55 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,676,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post

Oh geez. I had a guy match with me on Bumble yesterday and then unmatch me as soon as I sent him a message. I believe he’s done it before in the past so I assume he gets some kind of kick out of it. I was annoyed for a second that I fell for it again and then I let it go. I do believe there are good reasons to commit suicide, but lack of dating app success is not one of them.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
no selfies/sunglasses
Check (well, there's one sunglasses one where I'm sport sailing, they're kinda contextual to the activity)

Quote:
showing your body type

Check

Quote:
and face

Check

Quote:
filling out the bio description boxes (or however many they have depending on the app)

And check

Old 05-21-2018, 11:35 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,425,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbound_And_Up View Post
Check (well, there's one sunglasses one where I'm sport sailing, they're kinda contextual to the activity)

Check

Check

And check
Probably missed it, but where do you live?

I'll admit, living close to NYC in my case likely helps a lot.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Probably missed it, but where do you live?

I'll admit, living close to NYC in my case likely helps a lot.

I've lived in three major cities over the last ~eight years in the Northwest, Southwest, and now the East Coast (only done Tinder and Bumble in the latter two, though, but did regular OLD in all of them). I probably did the best in the Northwest, but my "best" was like one date a year, haha!

Old 05-22-2018, 12:38 AM

62,137 posts, read 87,999,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
He could do much worse:
https://gizmodo.com/pray-for-the-sou...tin-1825735565
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships