Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2020, 10:30 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I’ve been in isolation since Thanksgiving after catching Covid-19. This disease is horrible. I’m hoping I can end my isolation period this week as scheduled. I just want to drive around Durham as soon as I can. I’m so sick of just looking inside of my apartment. Toughest part has been trying to eat. I’ve been surviving on yogurt, jello, and bananas the last week. What I’d give to have some hibachi to munch right now.
So sorry you are going through this! Hope you are back up and running soon. Please take it easy, even after isolation, don't push yourself.

Sending you good thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2020, 11:03 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I am so sorry to hear this, Diss, and I hope you feel better soon.

All year, and in the early surges in the spring, I only heard about people a couple of degrees out from those I know, getting Covid. Like a family member of a friend, or a friend of a friend, no one really in my immediate circle (at least not for sure.) But in the last month, now lots of people I know directly are coming down with it.

Although, my Mom thinks she had it in November 2019. And I actually think it's possible, because she was doing home care for the elderly, and one of her clients had a daughter visit her from Washington DC, said daughter is married to a CIA guy who travels internationally a lot...the old woman got really sick and died in 2 weeks of symptoms that are exactly what we've seen with Covid. Then my Mom got seriously ill, and although they never intubated her or anything, she was incapacitated, couldn't breathe enough to get up or walk around or speak...she "recovered"...sort of. After months of being very ill, she is no longer having the severe breathing problems, but she is obese, and she developed damage (doctors say permanent) to her heart and lungs, she's got reduced cognitive function, and she thinks she has a hernia but can't afford to go get surgery, even if she knows it can kill her. Anyhow, back when she was sick, then ran a lot of tests trying to figure out what was wrong, and it wasn't the flu or pneumonia or anything they tested for, and they wound up just telling her it was "a virus."

My Mom is...well, she's one of the family members I try to support, her life has always been a mountain of problems and it just keeps getting worse.

Here's hoping the vaccines are enough to kick this. Everything about it has been so heartbreaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
So sorry you are going through this! Hope you are back up and running soon. Please take it easy, even after isolation, don't push yourself.

Sending you good thoughts!
One thing I can take solace in is that I decided at the last minute to stay home for Thanksgiving instead of going to mom’s in MD which would have been right after I’d been exposed. She is an older woman with existing respiratory issues and it scares the hell out of me to think what this could have done to her.

Old 12-07-2020, 11:48 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Speedy recovery, Diss. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 12-07-2020, 01:13 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Hang in there Dis!

Old 12-07-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
One thing I can take solace in is that I decided at the last minute to stay home for Thanksgiving instead of going to mom’s in MD which would have been right after I’d been exposed. She is an older woman with existing respiratory issues and it scares the hell out of me to think what this could have done to her.
Thank goodness!

Keep us posted on your recovery.

Old 12-07-2020, 04:00 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
It's a good thing you did decide to stay home. Like others have said, hang in there, hopefully you won't get the bad version. Some people seems to do better than others. Being a younger person definitely can help.

I took a test back in April, I wasn't feeling good, had cold like symptoms, but I figured I'd probably better off knowing so I took a test. It was pretty easy. Kept hearing horror stories about testing sites being jammed with people. The one I went to had literally one person in a car ahead of me. Was in and out in a flash. I of course was negative, but now, who knows really.

The test is only as good as the day you take it basically. So we try to treat Mrs. Chow's mom like we may have it. Try to keep a good amount of distance between ourselves from her.

Feels kind of cold and sad in a lot of ways. I can't wait for this year to be over, I want the vaccine to get out so we can start getting back to some sense of normalcy.

This pandemic is affecting people in more ways than we realize and across many parts of our lives. People are getting sick from other things because they don't want to go to the hospital, a whole host of things are happening right here and right now.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:47 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's a good thing you did decide to stay home. Like others have said, hang in there, hopefully you won't get the bad version. Some people seems to do better than others. Being a younger person definitely can help.

I took a test back in April, I wasn't feeling good, had cold like symptoms, but I figured I'd probably better off knowing so I took a test. It was pretty easy. Kept hearing horror stories about testing sites being jammed with people. The one I went to had literally one person in a car ahead of me. Was in and out in a flash. I of course was negative, but now, who knows really.

The test is only as good as the day you take it basically. So we try to treat Mrs. Chow's mom like we may have it. Try to keep a good amount of distance between ourselves from her.

Feels kind of cold and sad in a lot of ways. I can't wait for this year to be over, I want the vaccine to get out so we can start getting back to some sense of normalcy.

This pandemic is affecting people in more ways than we realize and across many parts of our lives. People are getting sick from other things because they don't want to go to the hospital, a whole host of things are happening right here and right now.
I agree. I had to push off my marriage by a whole year. Felt that in the grand scheme of things that an extra year was worth it. Also, I’m keeping my masks with me. I will use them while traveling by plane from now on. You never know who you are next to. I learned my lessons.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:59 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
I agree. I had to push off my marriage by a whole year. Felt that in the grand scheme of things that an extra year was worth it. Also, I’m keeping my masks with me. I will use them while traveling by plane from now on. You never know who you are next to. I learned my lessons.
Perhaps it’s nature’s way of telling you something. I am joking.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:15 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times
Quote:
I’ve been in isolation since Thanksgiving after catching Covid-19. This disease is horrible. I’m hoping I can end my isolation period this week as scheduled. I just want to drive around Durham as soon as I can. I’m so sick of just looking inside of my apartment. Toughest part has been trying to eat. I’ve been surviving on yogurt, jello, and bananas the last week. What I’d give to have some hibachi to munch right now.
This is so unfortunate . I hope you recover well. Hopefully your family has been keeping tabs on your health just in case. If I’m feeling the slightest bit sick, mom would me every day until I’m ok again.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I agree so much with these sentiments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships