Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2018, 07:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, it's weird.

Definitely weird. It's like not being able to book a hotel room. Or a rental car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 08:04 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
*sigh*

That was my first thought, lol. I'm assuming it was the outside, which is creepy for sure. ?!
Ok ladies, I’m not senile yet, I’d remember if I put tape on the inside. 😺
It was the outside. Yeah, creepy. I don’t spy on anyone, maybe someone was doing something sketchy and heard my cat shuffling around on the other side.

It gave me the impression that someone either knocked on my door and didn’t want me to see who they were, or they were going to. I brought it up to the security guard, and now he keeps an eye on my floor. There’s 24 hour security btw. Maybe it was him.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:54 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
It was the outside. Yeah, creepy. I don’t spy on anyone, maybe someone was doing something sketchy and heard my cat shuffling around on the other side.

It gave me the impression that someone either knocked on my door and didn’t want me to see who they were, or they were going to. I brought it up to the security guard, and now he keeps an eye on my floor. There’s 24 hour security btw. Maybe it was him.
I'm amazed that anyone dares to do anything naughty in public anymore. There are cameras recording everywhere. Just last night I saw on the news that there is a recording of a child who did some porch pirating, and you can see the girl look toward the adult who is coaching them to steal the box off the porch.

Maybe a security camera is in order? I am having a whole set installed for Christmas.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm amazed that anyone dares to do anything naughty in public anymore. There are cameras recording everywhere. Just last night I saw on the news that there is a recording of a child who did some porch pirating, and you can see the girl look toward the adult who is coaching them to steal the box off the porch.

Maybe a security camera is in order? I am having a whole set installed for Christmas.
Good idea! There's a peephole camera I just saw on Amazon. I quit talking about it to anyone, because of the word, it's weird like I'm talking about an assault.

I might have sounded too loud in the lobby talking to the security guard, I just wanted to relax after work, but I had to go find him. I started talking from quite a few feet away. People in the lobby all turned to look at me. Talking about my PEEPHOLE. 'Somebody put tape over my PEEPHOLE'. I saw one guy out of the corner of my eye, was checking me out-- and yeah some guys just do that, but maybe he was looking to see if he could spot the tape, and where did he think my Peephole was?

My sister had no sympathy either, she said just put a post-it up: "First you buy drinks, then you can touch my Peephole." I'm never saying the word again!

Last edited by RbccL; 12-08-2018 at 10:41 AM..

Old 12-08-2018, 10:28 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

Lol, no, I didn't think you had lost it. That reminds me of a scene(s) in Leon (The Professional) where they put gum over the peephole and the young girl claims the lights are out in the hallway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Ugh.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:56 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Yeah about the only thing that would worry me about the peephole (*snicker*) situation, is that maybe someone wanted to force you to open the door, not knowing who was on the other side, at which point they push it all the way open and assault you or something. That's a scary thought. Maybe I have watched too many movies about heists and crime, where criminals find little tricks to circumvent security measures...

I am buried in stuff I need to get accomplished. I'm working on an art project though, it's my top priority to try and get it done before Christmas, it's a gift for my boyfriend, and I am so happy because I've got a state of artistic flow going on...it's a successful piece and I've known that since I was like 20% of the way into it. Some pieces I struggle with from the very start and usually end up abandoning unfinished, others I just know they are going to be great, and it's a joy to work on them. It does almost feel like the art existed and I just had to help it emerge from the raw materials.

And I had a seriously confusing thing happened. My son had some labs done at one point, should not have been a big expensive deal. I got a bill for $99, and nothing was on there about insurance, so I called the biller (a third party out of another state) and they asked for my insurance info, turns out what they'd received was on a fax and the numbers were garbled. They had most of it but a couple of characters were cut off. So they told me to disregard the bill. "Good," I thought, "It's the holidays and I am relieved not to have to pay this."

Last night I got mail from my insurance company, showing that this company submitted a bill for $499, and that insurance would cover $299, and my "patient responsibility" to pay was the other $200. And attached was a check from the insurance company, for $299. Now I am very confused. Did they decide that since insurance would cover this, they could just go ahead and try to charge $400 more? How am I seriously expected to pay twice what I was originally billed, because we applied insurance? And why did the check come to me? WTF is even going on right now? *sigh* Guess I have some phone calls to make... Our healthcare industry in this country is just a whole bag of...well, not sex or closeness...insanity and aggravation more like.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:20 AM

Oh, and I want to share with the CDR folks but don't want to make a whole thread... I witnessed one of the saddest fails of a come-on attempt at a party at the club Saturday night.

I was sitting, scratching my boyfriend's back, and overhearing an exchange a few feet away. A young lady (regular member of the club) was talking to some friends. A new guy (very young, not very attractive...for one thing, he looked like he was struggling to grow facial hair and it was not going very well. If your beard does not grow in any but the sparsest of ways, you should just shave...but anyhow...)

He says, to the young lady, "You are very attractive." She says, only slightly awkwardly, "Thank you." He goes on, "I'm sure you can tell, but I don't usually approach...
(at this point I think, oh god no, not the dreaded "approach" word...is this kid a piller or something?)
....beautiful women and say things like that."

A moment of very awkward silence ensues. At this point my attention has been got and I'm watching out of the corner of my eye.

He then says, "Hey, don't I look like a flag waving in the wind?" and flings one lanky double-jointed arm loosely behind his head and waves both arms off to his left while leaning over in that direction. He looks like a complete and utter freak and he is really not doing himself any favors. I look more overtly at him, then at the young lady he's trying to interact with, and she laughing but with her face covered and it's an "Oh Jesus what is wrong with you" kind of laugh. She looks at me and says, "Are you seeing this?" and I laugh and say, "Yes. I am seeing this." Within moments (him still flailing his arms furiously as though doing some kind of contorted mating dance) she dashes out of the room without a further word.

Poor kid. He did a trick and everything.

EDIT: And yes, I was SO thinking about this forum...

Old 12-10-2018, 10:39 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Oh, my. He certainly went for it, didn't he?

Old 12-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oh, my. He certainly went for it, didn't he?
He really did LOL... I mean I felt a combination of pity and embarrassment for him. That trick was about as appealing as if he'd said, "LOOK! I can pick my nose using my toe! Is very sexy, yes??"

Old 12-10-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I got a bill for $99, and nothing was on there about insurance, so I called the biller (a third party out of another state) and they asked for my insurance info, turns out what they'd received was on a fax and the numbers were garbled. They had most of it but a couple of characters were cut off. So they told me to disregard the bill. "Good," I thought, "It's the holidays and I am relieved not to have to pay this."
Never pay bills you get from the medical provider, they may not have even billed your insurance company. Call your insurance company first.
Quote:
Last night I got mail from my insurance company, showing that this company submitted a bill for $499, and that insurance would cover $299, and my "patient responsibility" to pay was the other $200. And attached was a check from the insurance company, for $299. Now I am very confused. Did they decide that since insurance would cover this, they could just go ahead and try to charge $400 more?
If you choose a provider in your network they have that in-network status because they agreed to (reasonable) rates. They cannot charge more than the agreed upon rate, $299, and if they try to "balanced-bill" you for the balance of what the insurance company didn't pay, tough $%#@. Call your insurance customer service center and have a representative call your provider to tell them that due to contractual obligation, this member is not responsible to pay the balance, please stop billing her.

OR if you chose a provider who is NOT in your network, they charge what they want, insurance pays the reasonable rate, the provider expects you to pay the balance.

Last edited by RbccL; 12-10-2018 at 01:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships