Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 08:22 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Today’s Guest is not happy to spend the night with his Grandma and “The Others” who are hiding under the bed from him.
Aww! He's got a cute little grumpy face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 08:30 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Aww! He's got a cute little grumpy face.
The other 2 are terrified because of his size, but he has a little scaredy cat mew. Can’t wait for this to be over.
Cat drama.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
The other 2 are terrified because of his size, but he has a little scaredy cat mew. Can’t wait for this to be over.
Cat drama.
Oh, I get that. I have a huge floof cat. He's about 18 pounds last I checked, but he's not really fat just long, big, and very fluffy. He and other cats don't really get along. He tries to be all nice and make friends and they freak out and beat him up. And then of course when he acts submissive, they treat him like prey, even though he's huge. We've given up on the idea of ever getting another cat, and I'm fine with this...no need for cat drama.

*sigh*... I am dealing with allergy season right now. This is an annual hell for me. August and September, every year without fail. I have no idea what it is that I'm allergic to. You would think that with a seasonal allergy, it would be worse if I'm outdoors, but no, my nose will often clear up if I'm out in the open air, it's indoors that it is worst...although if I leave windows open at night it can be really bad, too. I dunno. Whatever it is, I'm just resigned to dealing with it. I take my OTC meds and cope.

But today I'm all weird in the head between having taken Benadryl last night and decongestants this morning. I feel zonky. Like the lights are on, but nobody's really home.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:41 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Cats always look like you just asked them for a ride to the airport.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:50 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Click image for larger version

Name:	920F6E17-90C6-447B-A884-AAA972BE1DAC.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	214168
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4020 View Post
cats always look like you just asked them for a ride to the airport.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:07 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Its' funny with the airport comments. They are renovating a couple of terminals at LAX and it's the mother of all cluster F's according to the local media. They are saying that between Thursday and Tuesday that 300k people will go through there.

Yeah, that cat pic is only about half right.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Its' funny with the airport comments. They are renovating a couple of terminals at LAX and it's the mother of all cluster F's according to the local media. They are saying that between Thursday and Tuesday that 300k people will go through there.

Yeah, that cat pic is only about half right.
All airports should be as cool as DIA (Denver.) They've got renovations going on, too, but they've put up hilarious posters referencing the conspiracy theories about the airport. They have totally embraced the strange rumors and are using them as publicity, and I know it's working.

They had a temporary (sadly) art installation, that was a talking gargoyle that would actually interact with passers-by. And the giant blue stallion statue visible from the access road nearby, known locally as "Blucifer" is a legend.

Check it out. This is part of the official website.

https://www.flydenver.com/great_hall/denfiles

(EDIT: Oh, and speaking of cats, this was one of the posters I saw in the construction area last time I was at DIA, a favorite of mine... https://www.flydenver.com/sites/defa...athall/CAT.jpg )

Old 08-30-2019, 11:17 AM

My big mower stopped working on me a couple weeks ago. I was making okay time. I stopped to adjust the belt to the clutch. I thought I messed that up. Nope. It was a bracket that hold tension on deck belts and hold the gear box down. Today I’m tackling that project. Wish I had a plasma cutter.

Cut the old iron off and slots for adjustment. It will be plenty of cutting and fabricating new pieces. Looking at it, I might have to tear in to the gear box and fix a seal.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:35 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
My big mower stopped working on me a couple weeks ago. I was making okay time. I stopped to adjust the belt to the clutch. I thought I messed that up. Nope. It was a bracket that hold tension on deck belts and hold the gear box down. Today I’m tackling that project. Wish I had a plasma cutter.

Cut the old iron off and slots for adjustment. It will be plenty of cutting and fabricating new pieces. Looking at it, I might have to tear in to the gear box and fix a seal.
In the distance I can hear Tim Allen grunting away...….

I'm a lazy SOB, sounds like too much work for me.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
In the distance I can hear Tim Allen grunting away...….

I'm a lazy SOB, sounds like too much work for me.
I am tempted to buy a newer machine. Also looking at small tractors and starting up, again, doing outdoor projects. So far I’ve laid out what needs to be cut and split open two fingers. The bleeding has stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships