Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 01:39 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Thanks! Another reason that I personally count calories, is that I know that it works for me and my mom is a yo-yo dieter and has lost 100 pounds and gained it back multiple times. I did lose much more than originally intended and still have some belly fat, but it's only visible with my shirt off. It's not even a belly or a gut sticks out, just fat that's part of my stomach. No big deal. I keep saying I'm gonna gain 10 pounds of muscle but it never happens haha.

That's awesome! Feel free to ask if you have any questions! I can try my best to help!

I recommend to everyone dieting to have one cheat day per week. I realize that some may "Relapse" into old habits if they do that though. I did it weekly, although I think I went about two weeks or maybe 10 or 11 days into my original diet, before I had my first cheat day. Then I had one every 6-7 days after that. And after I had gotten under 200 pounds or so, I started having two cheat days every 10 days for about two months, before gradually increasing my calorie intake. I still have a cheat day or two now, even though I'm just maintaining. I was about 277 pounds (I think) on February 18th 2009 and that's when I started. I've been about 165-ish since April of 2010. I'm maybe 160-162 in my boxers, 165 full dressed and in sneakers. All depends on the day of the week and where my glycogen levels are.

I weighed 285 pounds in August of 2007, I believe this was my high water mark. I must have lost 10-12 pounds in the fall of 2007 and maybe out 5-7 back in between then and February 2009. I still have kept the appetite I've had, but I'm able to suppress overeating for the most part. But I do allow myself to indulge a couple days a week and just make up the difference for a few other days. I ride a stationary bike for an hour a day, just to stay in shape she conditioning. And I walk a little bit in the fall through the spring. It's a little hot to walk miles here from late May through September.

Omg!Wow you are so impressive! Thanks I will do you with any questions.I would love to get an elliptical work out machine,this was my favorite when I went to the gym.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 01:56 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Omg!Wow you are so impressive! Thanks I will do you with any questions.I would love to get an elliptical work out machine,this was my favorite when I went to the gym.
Thanks!

Elliptical's are good. I prefer the bike, just because it takes up slightly less room. But that's just me. It seems logical that you'd get a more intense work out and burn more calories with the elliptical though.

My fiancé does a lot of those workout videos. She just does them to stay in shape. My mom does the workout DVDs also. I can't really do those at all, I've tried and my brain moves too slow for the videos haha. Once I'm doing one step, the instructor will already be onto the next one!

Old 09-11-2016, 01:58 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I've had foot problems and hip flexor issues and have been done for a month or so now, I can't wait to get back to the treadmill, I'm never gonna lose weight unless I can get this fat ass moving.....

Old 09-11-2016, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks!

Elliptical's are good. I prefer the bike, just because it takes up slightly less room. But that's just me. It seems logical that you'd get a more intense work out and burn more calories with the elliptical though.

My fiancé does a lot of those workout videos. She just does them to stay in shape. My mom does the workout DVDs also. I can't really do those at all, I've tried and my brain moves too slow for the videos haha. Once I'm doing one step, the instructor will already be onto the next one!

Lol I understand,I did those workout videos with Billy something.He was known for boxing. He went real fast and you want to collapse after doing it.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've had foot problems and hip flexor issues and have been done for a month or so now, I can't wait to get back to the treadmill, I'm never gonna lose weight unless I can get this fat ass moving.....
When I first was at 277 pounds, I was doing close to 10 miles of walking per day. I was briefly living with some friends in Sea Isle City, New Jersey. SIC has a small beach walk, that's like a mile long. I would just walk around in circles on it from one end to another. I remember at first, it took me over 20 minutes to walk a mile. I think it was 22 or 23 minutes. That was in February and by August or September of that year, I was doing a mile in 18 minutes or so. It was almost 5 minutes faster. But all in all, I think my diet played a larger part in the weight loss. Though if I didn't walk that much, I wouldn't have lost as much either. And since I was so big and weighed so much, I must have burned well over 3000 calories a day doing that at first. Maybe even 4000. My maintenance calories without exercise must have have 3000-3500 at my heaviest. Because I literally maintained my weight or within 10 pounds for 3 years, eating like 3500 calories per day on average.
Quote:
Lol I understand,I did those workout videos with Billy something.He was known for boxing. He went real fast and you want to collapse after doing it.
Yeah I think thats Billy Blanks, the tae bo guy? My mom does the one's with that Shaun T guy. The one who does the Insanity stuff. My mom even has these really old videos, which were probably later released on DVD, with Richard Simmons. She loves his stuff!

Those videos just move too fast for me and my brain is too slow to process.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:34 AM

Quote:
When I first was at 277 pounds, I was doing close to 10 miles of walking per day. I was briefly living with some friends in Sea Isle City, New Jersey. SIC has a small beach walk, that's like a mile long. I would just walk around in circles on it from one end to another. I remember at first, it took me over 20 minutes to walk a mile. I think it was 22 or 23 minutes. That was in February and by August or September of that year, I was doing a mile in 18 minutes or so. It was almost 5 minutes faster. But all in all, I think my diet played a larger part in the weight loss. Though if I didn't walk that much, I wouldn't have lost as much either. And since I was so big and weighed so much, I must have burned well over 3000 calories a day doing that at first. Maybe even 4000. My maintenance calories without exercise must have have 3000-3500 at my heaviest. Because I literally maintained my weight or within 10 pounds for 3 years, eating like 3500 calories per day on average.

Yeah I think thats Billy Blanks, the tae bo guy? My mom does the one's with that Shaun T guy. The one who does the Insanity stuff. My mom even has these really old videos, which were probably later released on DVD, with Richard Simmons. She loves his stuff!

Yes!That's it!Yeah I saw the insanity stuff.And the workout lady that's a lesbian,that has her own reality TV show.

LMAO! Richard Simmons! "I'M A PONY!"

Haha you aren't slow,I'm sure you could handle it.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:46 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:

277 is a big boy, I'm at 244 which isn't that far behind, but yeah, we don't eat much food, it's the wine and beer that is an issue for me, that packs on the calories pretty badly.

In terms of just eating right, I feel pretty ok, but again, it's just the calorie overload from the beer and wine.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Yes!That's it!Yeah I saw the insanity stuff.And the workout lady that's a lesbian,that has her own reality TV show.

LMAO! Richard Simmons! "I'M A PONY!"

Haha you aren't slow,I'm sure you could handle it.
I have a slight motor skills problem, or at least that was the diagnosis when I was in elementary school. I'm not sure if that factors into it. I can play guitar, drums and bass, and I can also do quite a few things that involve my hands in labor. Like some automotive repairs and minor construction, plumbing, etc. Even did garage doors when I was younger, I did that for a living from 18 to about 24 or 25. And some people with motor skill problems have a hard time using their hands, but I can do all those things.

One problem I have is shaving and typing on a computer or even texting on my phone. I also can't shave and multi task. I'm talking with an electric shaver. If I start typing something while shaving, I totally stop moving the buzzer across my face. This is one common instance that I notice the most. So while I comprehend what they're doing in the videos, by the time I'm doing something, the instructor is already demonstrating another thing!

Old 09-11-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I have a slight motor skills problem, or at least that was the diagnosis when I was in elementary school. I'm not sure if that factors into it. I can play guitar, drums and bass, and I can also do quite a few things that involve my hands in labor. Like some automotive repairs and minor construction, plumbing, etc. Even did garage doors when I was younger, I did that for a living from 18 to about 24 or 25. And some people with motor skill problems have a hard time using their hands, but I can do all those things.

One problem I have is shaving and typing on a computer or even texting on my phone. I also can't shave and multi task. I'm talking with an electric shaver. If I start typing something while shaving, I totally stop moving the buzzer across my face. This is one common instance that I notice the most. So while I comprehend what they're doing in the videos, by the time I'm doing something, the instructor is already demonstrating another thing!
You seem to be fine and very articulated. Most can't shave and type. It takes hand eye coronation.
I think you are too hard on yourself. You are doing great

Old 09-11-2016, 04:51 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I don't shave and type at the same time. Nor shave and drive. I also don't have on the weekend. Unless I'm working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships