Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 10:46 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

The horrible shooting last night was at a club having a "country music night" for college kids.

There are reports that some of the patrons last night were also at the country music festival in Vegas last year for that shooting.

I mean can you imagine surviving TWO shootings, the odds of that happening seem so strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 04:57 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The horrible shooting last night was at a club having a "country music night" for college kids.

There are reports that some of the patrons last night were also at the country music festival in Vegas last year for that shooting.

I mean can you imagine surviving TWO shootings, the odds of that happening seem so strange.
It doesn't surprise me in the least.

It just shows that this issue will keep getting worse until there is hardly anyone left. It absolutely amazes me how much the government ignores the urgency of this issue. People keep yelling what won't work yet don't offer any solutions. Everybody is happy sitting in limbo until one of them gets shot up. It's infuriating.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:39 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Simply a horrible event. Again.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It doesn't surprise me in the least.

It just shows that this issue will keep getting worse until there is hardly anyone left. It absolutely amazes me how much the government ignores the urgency of this issue. People keep yelling what won't work yet don't offer any solutions. Everybody is happy sitting in limbo until one of them gets shot up. It's infuriating.

Completely. Our cult of guns is nauseating.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:56 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Pulled up in Louisville to visit mom yesterday to a hostage situation involving a military family in her hood. Thankfully it ended without injury. I'm not even worried about the guns anymore, I'm more worried people are just losing their .

Old 11-10-2018, 09:49 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Pulled up in Louisville to visit mom yesterday to a hostage situation involving a military family in her hood. Thankfully it ended without injury. I'm not even worried about the guns anymore, I'm more worried people are just losing their .
Same thing in my sister’s neighborhood, military man with ptsd. Except murder/suicide with 2 laying dead inside for weeks, mail piled up outside.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:26 PM

IMHO, this is a mental health issue that needs to be, but will be difficult, to fix. Many people think that getting help is a weakness, HIPA laws keep a lot of information under wraps, and law enforcement can’t lock someone up who hasn’t done anything.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:03 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Speaking of mental health... I was looking at TVs yesterday, and the woman next to me was waving her arms around and talking animatedly. She took a picture of the TV, saying “this is a good deal right?” I assumed she was one of those people shopping and talking at the same time, the Bluetooth headset type, I used to think people like this were possibly mentally ill or hallucinating when they were talking to themself, until the advent of this technology.

I do live in a large city that does have a variety of every person I’ve ever imagined, I say hello to the woman wearing a long fur coat and lavender pageant style sash, long white beautiful hair, around 80 y.o....Either way, I don’t pay any attention to people talking alone, —but this shopping woman got right in front of me and said: “am I right?!” and I asked if she was talking to me? She replied: “you see anyone else here?!”

It’s confusing enough to discern between the mentally ill, and those communicating with someone else who IS there but I can’t see them, so throw in a person communicating directly to me, and it’s as if I had forgotten that we still do that in public. 😺

Old 11-11-2018, 12:57 PM

There’s a guy at work who constantly talks to himself when he is walking down the hall. He doesn’t have a phone with him or a blue tooth thingy (which always makes me think of Uhura on Star Trek). It sounds like he keeps going over his entire day’s to-do list, and sometimes it sounds like he’s telling himself how he will tackle his next project.

I was following a car this afternoon that has a school spirit sticker on it - the kind with the school name and mascot. This sticker was the “Name of the school Monarchs”, but the mascot logo was a lion. Am I missing something here?

Old 11-11-2018, 11:45 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
There’s a guy at work who constantly talks to himself when he is walking down the hall. He doesn’t have a phone with him or a blue tooth thingy (which always makes me think of Uhura on Star Trek). It sounds like he keeps going over his entire day’s to-do list, and sometimes it sounds like he’s telling himself how he will tackle his next project.

I was following a car this afternoon that has a school spirit sticker on it - the kind with the school name and mascot. This sticker was the “Name of the school Monarchs”, but the mascot logo was a lion. Am I missing something here?

A Lion is "King of the Jungle".

A Monarch is "Sovereign Ruler".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships