Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2016, 09:17 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,862,856 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's very common for "pure" women to tie themselves to men who are decidedly "impure," Akonyo. Don't you think she's going to care about all your past partners, especially if she's younger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 09:20 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,052,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't think it's very common for "pure" women to tie themselves to men who are decidedly "impure," Akonyo. Don't you think she's going to care about all your past partners, especially if she's younger?
Good point.

I would think that if this was important to someone, they would probably make sure that they were with someone with a compatible viewpoint.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,492,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Okay, feminist, you successfully baited me into looking.

I could not find exact information on whether or not female promiscuity is linked to infidelity (neither can you though, as your one citation did not discuss this exact correlation either).

However, I actually have published research before (in unrelated subject matter, of course) so I may attempt to actually publish my own research on this matter.

You can laugh all you want. The fact is that my views do not change easily. They have been present for years and will not change anytime soon (and certainly not to peer pressure).

In fact, I will be moving to my new location and starting a job on February 16, 2016. I will place bets that I will have found exactly what I'm looking for (as described in my earlier post) by February 16, 2017. One year's time.

And she certainly will not be a feminist with multiple past sexual partners. Absolutely disgusting. No way.

I didn't miss that. Many feminists fancy themselves as men. So I figured that it wouldn't matter much to classify you as one.

LMAO! If you think you can just "attempt to publish your own" research in a peer-reviewed journal, there is no way you have actually been published in one before.

As for your last paragraph, it's pretty transparent. Yeah, you missed it, and now you're trying to backpedal. Here's some helpful advice: If you want to have a successful relationship, you'll need to learn how to admit when you're wrong or have made a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The fact that you think sex makes a woman not "pure" shows your incredible contempt for women.
Yep. Give 'em enough rope, as it were.

And not for nothing, but when people start trotting out journal citations, they really should know how to use them, or they may find themselves in over their heads with people who do.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:33 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,073,539 times
Quote:

You guys marry the promiscuous ones. I'll marry a pure one. We'll check back here in 20 years and see how our respective marriages are doing. Sound like a plan?
Methinks women who don't think sex is "dirty" (and not having sex makes one "pure") aren't interested in men who do, so it's probably a moot point.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:58 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,492,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Methinks women who don't think sex is "dirty" (and not having sex makes one "pure") aren't interested in men who do, so it's probably a moot point.
Aye. And plenty of women of all levels of sexual experience, including virgins, don't care for double standards or to be treated like second-class citizens. The hatred evident in the posts of that person and a few others on this site is going to come out in all of their relationships with women, be they romantic, familial, or professional. Misogyny is what it is, and people like that can't hide it for very long. That's why so many of these guys are alone. They hate women, and it shows.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:05 AM

854 posts, read 589,655 times
My significant other and I had sex on our 4th date. This came after about 20 hours total of conversation (when we weren't chatting for hours in person it was on FB messenger, just absorbing as much about each other and our interests, history and who we were as we possibly could). We found in our case that sex brought us closer and solidified the bond we both already felt.

I think it's up to each individual person and couple to determine what's right for them, there is no right or wrong answer to this question.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:15 AM

854 posts, read 589,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I recall once how a slightly younger (married) female coworker told me that her now husband had waited six months before having sex with her. I wondered how that was even possible, knowing how men are. I would not wait that long, but I do think women would really appreciate a lack of pressure while initially getting to know another and deciding whether to continue on.

It's really up to the individual person, I think. I wouldn't be comfortable with a wait that long myself, however, my boyfriend is a twin and his twin sister didn't have sex with her now-husband until they were engaged... after 11 months of dating. And that seems to have worked for them.

Interestingly, his sister and her husband seem so alike, just like he and I do. So I think in the end most enduring couples end up pretty well-matched.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:43 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,062,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The fact that you think sex makes a woman not "pure" shows your incredible contempt for women.
Being a male feminist is not a good look, friend.

In any event, women should not be engaging in the kinds of behavior that men engage in. That's my opinion, at least, and I will hold women to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
She sounds like a real piece of work, if you ask me... which you didn't. She was able to successfully negotiate an open marriage with her husband, mainly because her career success far eclipsed his. That should rule her out as a woman you could respect.
As I said, I don't really know anything about her. I meant in terms of her books. If she was, in fact, involved in an open relationship, then, yes, she was deplorable and not someone that I would be interested in dating.

Quote:
I can't help but observe that you refer to your own marriage partner in the future tense. The single determinant of the likelihood of your achieving the rigorous specifications you have set for said marriage depend in large part on your present, and future, career success.
I am already successful in my career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Nonsense. There are plenty of women with a small amount of sexual partners dating and married to men that slept around considerably. I know plenty of them personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
LMAO! If you think you can just "attempt to publish your own" research in a peer-reviewed journal, there is no way you have actually been published in one before.
I have submitted to and been published in peer-reviewed journals (granted, I was not first author and did not engage in the heavy lifting of submitting the article).

However, I do know the process. You do research, you submit to a journal, peers review the research, and then decide whether or not to publish.

Questions?

Quote:
As for your last paragraph, it's pretty transparent. Yeah, you missed it, and now you're trying to backpedal. Here's some helpful advice: If you want to have a successful relationship, you'll need to learn how to admit when you're wrong or have made a mistake.
I have not made a mistake. I am right and have been right.

Quote:
And not for nothing, but when people start trotting out journal citations, they really should know how to use them, or they may find themselves in over their heads with people who do.
How am I "in over my head" on an internet forum with layman that, quite frankly, don't know their ass from their elbow on anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Aye. And plenty of women of all levels of sexual experience, including virgins, don't care for double standards or to be treated like second-class citizens. The hatred evident in the posts of that person and a few others on this site is going to come out in all of their relationships with women, be they romantic, familial, or professional. Misogyny is what it is, and people like that can't hide it for very long. That's why so many of these guys are alone. They hate women, and it shows.
There are plenty of double standards in society, some that favor men and some that favor. This is one that favors men and one that I'm very happy to perpetuate.

I will continue to do so both in this forum and IRL and will continue to attract women as I have in the past.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:53 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,052,867 times
Quote:

There are plenty of double standards in society, some that favor men and some that favor. This is one that favors men and one that I'm very happy to perpetuate.

I will continue to do so both in this forum and IRL and will continue to attract women as I have in the past.
I've always wondered about the type of woman who would find this acceptable. But then, as they say, there's someone for everyone. Or, is it that there's a sucker born every minute?

Old 02-04-2016, 11:05 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,073,539 times
Any guy who uses "feminist" as a pejorative gets an automatic eyeroll. But hey, continue to fight the good fight....against women having sex...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships