Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 12:40 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
OK. Why is it in a relationship that when there is a "trust issue " everyone suggest that a couple should leave all of a sudden?

Besides, even family members and relatives have trust issues with each other
Trust is the foundation of all realtionships romantic and non romantic.

Would you trust your uncle with your children if he was a child molester?
Would you trust your banker if he quoted you one number and charged you another all the time?

Trust is the foundation of realtionships. Without trust, you might as well just do whatever and whoever you want, because that is exactly what you are saying to others around you without it being a factor.

Would you build a home on a foundation of mud knowing outside elements will always be attempting to eat away and destroy what you have just built?

Take this speofic analogy to heart as one for what you are attempting to do when you are trying to build a life together with a committed partner.

Your relationships are only ever going to be as good as the foundation you build them from.

Leaving the situation depends on the nature of the "trust issue" sometimes we lose trust and are able to gain it back through thought, introspection and understanding. other times there was NEVER trust invovled and as a result nothing further to gain.

What you have is for you to decide, but take note that you are aware of your issues together and take the peronsal responcibilty of yourself to know YOU have put yourself here with this girl. Nobody else is forcing you to be with this girl but yourself.

Last edited by rego00123; 12-10-2014 at 12:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 12:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
OK. Why is it in a relationship that when there is a "trust issue " everyone suggest that a couple should leave all of a sudden?

I wouldn't be friends with someone I didn't trust - much less have a romantic relationship with them.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:54 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Friends as the third party? No . Why would you put a friend in the middle of this mess? Why would you even want your friends or social network to know about these accusations and be involved in this drama? Thats embarasssing, not to mention inconsiderate to put the friend in that situation.

Seek out someone detached from this who is skilled at facilitating real communication.

Quote:

I have tried to type a coherent reply, but cannot get past being dumbfounded that someone who has had a relationship doesn't understand the toxicity of not trusting their partner. Much less the inference comparing trust in romantic relationship with trust in other kinds of family relationships.

rego gives a great answer. Trust is a fundamental foundation.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:25 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Okay ,whenever I ask her to tell me everything such as being truthful to me(or if I by mistake think she is cheating on me) she get's a attitude, cries out and claims that "I got trust issues" along with threating about leaving me or wanting to leave me.

While on the other hand, whenever she ask for my passwords to my Facebook account, email, asks for my phone and ask me where I'm at and what I'm doing. I tell her and give her those things WITH NO PROBLEM.

ALONG with TELLING HER EVERYTHING UPFRONT. WITH NO LIES

She even think i'm doing something with my good friend (which we been good friends since june 2012 who is a 40 something year old man name rony by the way) but i don't get mad cause I know how she feels.

Besides, I look at her jealousy as a good thing if you know what I mean.

Okay, this is what I talk to others about(its also from my last post);

I was right YOU ARE WRONG.

It is obvious you do not trust this woman why are you wasting her time staying with her?
She is right you have major trust issues.

Leave her already and do both of you a favor.

I don't know how old you are but you thought process and writing is like a 12 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships