Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2008, 07:25 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times

Advertisements

I have mentioned to A that his father and I will not be single forever.

He says I know Mommy. I know that one day you willwant to be with someone. To not be by yourself.

Going on to say... I wouldn't tell L that though, because it may upset her.

You know, I thought he would be more upset... He was not, and was actually talking to me about it. He said that would be ok with me mommy. He sayid to me, everyone needs someone. I know that you will probably get married again one day, that daddy will get married again one day, and that L will get married one day.

I said to him, what about you? Won't you get married one day?

He looked at me with the girls have cooties look. I said you will have someone on day too.... just as long as its a girl... he started cracking up, then said, what if I already have someone? A girl... I said do you? He said do you? I said no, I like boys, I said do you?

That could have gone on forever.

A has always been more upset seemingly over all of this... L has something going on, and I do not know what. I really do not think it is her dx, maybe just her age, maybe lack of good positive male role model, I have no idea.

Hoping and praying everything will work themselves out.

Oh heres a plus... P lieks rollercoasters! WHOOOOHOO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 04:46 AM

Slamming doors, losing keys, talking back.. calling me boss when I tell her not to talk back... oh the joy of life.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,821,950 times
Thats about where my Mom would have jammed a bar of soap in my mouth and asked me "how do you like me now"!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,643,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Thats about where my Mom would have jammed a bar of soap in my mouth and asked me "how do you like me now"!
I don't know about the soap part but the B word was unthinkable in my house. If there is no punishment for that, who knows what L. will say next? I'd nip that in the bud pronto.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:54 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,214 times
When I was about 15 I called my mother the B word------and I prefaced it with the F word.

Before "uck" was out of my mouth my head was whipping backward, I was seeing stars and I learned what it meant when she said "I'll knock you into next week."

And I never called her that again.

My son gave me the finger a couple of weeks ago. That sneaky kind behind the back while he was walking away. I ignored him at that moment but the next day gave him an earful.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:22 PM

I am going to be talkig with the both of them this afternoon. The problem I have with L is she starts to leave... like over the weekend, she started running away, not from home, but from me... I had to run and cath her... of course, I had to hold on to her, after she went off on me, after A threw a chair at her...

He gets more upset when she is violent or volatile towards me that I do.

I try and hold back the anger, but it brews right up in him... ugh.

I swear, I told her this weekend she was going to have to live with ib. Her behavior was not acceptable, and I was not having it anymore, she was leaving.

later she apologized saying she would never do it again.

i told her I did not believe her, A got upset over that, says he does.. she got upset, and I asked her if she knew the story of the boy who cried wolf, and she did... i told her she was the girl who cried wolf....

Tonight, after this crappy day of work, I am sitting down with the two of them.....

She was upset this morning, asking me if he and I are going to get divorced, of course I told her we were, as I always do, and she was very upset over it.

She knows we are. She knows we do not live with one another, and are not going to be moving back together... ever...

She used an example of a friends father who has gotten remarried, and that upsets her very much.

She does not want either one of us to be remarried... ever... I really don't think it is that big of a deal that we are living seperately, justthe thought of divorce that bother her... I suppoes its so very final for her... no turning back kind of a thing...

My check engine light is on today, and the brake lights keep coming on... good times, good times!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:48 PM

Kids- especially girls- at that age are very self centered- throw in her AS and their issues with change and you have a big fat mess on your hands.

Robyn, what if you were to just let her run away? Don't chase her, just proceed with what you were doing- by running after her, you may be feeding her monster. I'm sure she wouldn't go far- and you could keep an eye on her from a distance. Maybe if she sees she can't ruin your day it will be less fun for her to make these scenes.

But if she wants to make a scene, let her- so long as she's not hurting herself or anyone else. She's old enough that she'll look like the fool, and you won't look like a bad parent.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:26 PM

Well, they both knew they looked like the fool and both were ashamed to come back outside to watch the parade, but finally ended up coming out a good while later.

A embarrased because people saw him throwing a lawn chair at L... L embarrassed because she was outside screaming infront of everyone and calling me such a horrid name...

I let them both know I would be talking to them tonight.

Does anyone wanna adopt me? I am a good kid....

Oh, get this. We had a homehealth agency come in today and bring us lunch.... one of them says to me how she hasn't seem me since October and that I am looking really good.

They only had my first name written down on their sign in sheet, asking for my last name as well... She sees my last name and asks me what my husbands name is... I tell her... OMG I went to hs with him, my sister and I went with him in highschool, and my sisters boyfriend was a friend of his.
I tell her... well, thats nive... but he isn't my husband anymore, only my wasband...

Oh....

LOL and she stops with all the omg.. and blah blah blah.... bet she doesn't know the same jim I know....

Old 05-19-2008, 06:33 PM

Good luck in your talk tonight....

Old 05-19-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Good luck in your talk tonight....
Talk went very well....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships