Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 11:28 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,466,587 times

Advertisements

Hi. I called about the interview today, left a message. The lady has been out, I think she is having some kind of family issues, she was having them when I interviewed.

I had to pick up ls medicine, only a weeks worth, and i went down to the court house. he has not been served yet, but the araignment is on 061808, the lady was able to tell me that much. She said that then We would both be subpeona'd towards the end of July.

I don't know where that puts me with their medical care other than social services, and I am pretty sure they will say I make too much,but I don't make enough to cover my expenses, thats with what ib gives, because of the medical expenses. l can't just go without her medication.

Ugh. This is not a fun thing.

Not at all. I feel like going and getting in my bed and covering my head under the covers.... big time.

I don't feel depressed or anything like that, it is more like... helpless.

I know that I always make it through, and I know I did the right thing... I just am afraid of the outcome of when he finds out, I am worried about all this that I am going through with this crap.. I was told yesterday that money is nothing, it comes and goes.. groes on trees.

I was thinking to myself.. hmm... not for me, except it comes and goes part. Mine goes before it even comes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 12:48 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,857,686 times
Robyn, did you ask them about getting a protection order in conjunction with him being served?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:49 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,195,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Hi. I called about the interview today, left a message. The lady has been out, I think she is having some kind of family issues, she was having them when I interviewed.

I had to pick up ls medicine, only a weeks worth, and i went down to the court house. he has not been served yet, but the araignment is on 061808, the lady was able to tell me that much. She said that then We would both be subpeona'd towards the end of July.

I don't know where that puts me with their medical care other than social services, and I am pretty sure they will say I make too much,but I don't make enough to cover my expenses, thats with what ib gives, because of the medical expenses. l can't just go without her medication.

Ugh. This is not a fun thing.

Not at all. I feel like going and getting in my bed and covering my head under the covers.... big time.

I don't feel depressed or anything like that, it is more like... helpless.

I know that I always make it through, and I know I did the right thing... I just am afraid of the outcome of when he finds out, I am worried about all this that I am going through with this crap.. I was told yesterday that money is nothing, it comes and goes.. groes on trees.

I was thinking to myself.. hmm... not for me, except it comes and goes part. Mine goes before it even comes.
Hi Robyn - I've been there - it's definitely no fun and it does tend to make you feel helpless.....for awhile. Eventually it will all straighten out. If IB was the one who told you that money is nothing - of course it's nothing...to HIM! He doesn't have the expenses you do. Until he is living on his own again, he has no idea what it's like....one day he will find out, though, rest assured.

Why not contact social services, tell them what's going on and maybe they can give you some pointers or ways to get the meds at a lower cost - or even contact the pharmaceutical company - don't some of them have programs or whatever to help with the cost of meds?

I can understand being afraid of the outcome when IB gets served - just remember, you are NOT who you used to be when you were with him. You're much stronger now and are able to see past his BS. I'm sure when he gets served, you'll get a call - just don't answer it. He basically made his bed, now he has to lie in it and start paying the piper for his ways.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Robyn, did you ask them about getting a protection order in conjunction with him being served?
He has not done anything to me, and until he does, they cannot do that.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,016,547 times
Ya know, the sad thing is that he has done something to you, Robyn. Otherwise you would not have reason to fear his reaction.

His anger has shown itself, and it has controlled you in the past. In my book that is emotional abuse, but the courts don't see it that way.

If you feel threatened by him in any way in the next couple of months, they may listen to you. Document, document, document!!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 PM

No, he isn't the one who told me that. The one that told me that basically doesn't allow worry into his life, and feels just that.. money comes, money goes. It basically grows on trees.

A ready conclusion to every single thing. And what fun is life when you already know all the answers to what will happen, he says... And I think his answer was the experience, or the living or something.. I was there.. I was..

I was going to go there today, but I did not have all the info I needed with me. I need to get all that together for when I go. I can go pick up the paperwork and fill it out, and that part will be ready.

Someone has said to me, if you need help, all you have to do is ask. I hate that. I don't want help, and I don't want to have to ask. I hate it. It is making me literally sick, sitting here thinking about it, literally nauseas.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Ya know, the sad thing is that he has done something to you, Robyn. Otherwise you would not have reason to fear his reaction.

His anger has shown itself, and it has controlled you in the past. In my book that is emotional abuse, but the courts don't see it that way.

If you feel threatened by him in any way in the next couple of months, they may listen to you. Document, document, document!!!!
No, they don't see it that way. because I tried to get an order of protection before. Unless he has laid a hand on me, there is not a single thing they can or will do.

I agree, that is a sad thing. I am probably feeling ill over that too.. worrying over what he is going to do. Especially because the last couple of days he has been extremely nice, telling the kdis to tell me hello and thing like that.

That means he is up right now, and in no time, he will be down, and that is when he will be served...

Old 05-27-2008, 02:39 PM

Ok- Miss Bossy is coming out now---------- I'm going to tell you what I think you should do (for what it's worth)

Don't answer your cell phone- let him leave messages. And if they are nasty or threatening, save them for court.

The house phone- let the kids answer it and talk to him. You don't need to talk to him. And if he leaves nasty grams on the home answering machine, save them too.

If you get stuck talking to him, RECORD the conversations- and tell him you're doing so the minute you're getting on the phone. Save them as well.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:42 PM

My exact plans, Missy. I was just saying today that I am not answering his calls, letting them go straight to vm, and that way they are recorded.

I also have a voice recorder, thank you, you who sent it to me.

I am a little tearful thinking of this person offering me help.

I don't want to be someone who has to have help... but I also don't want to be someone who's kids have an SOB for a father, and, unfort. that is what they have.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:46 PM

If someone is offering you help, it's because they are able and willing to help.

Remember something about people who help- they get as much, if not more out of the giving than the recipient does most of the time.

And if it makes you feel any better, promise yourself that someday you're going to help someone in their time of need. Nothing wrong with paying things forward.

When I was younger I hit a rough spot- single working mom with no child support and a baby with the chicken pox for three weeks.......... I had to take that help in order to keep the lights on.

And since then, I've had several opportunities to help other people- and it feels SO good to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships