Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:24 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,626,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
How do you know they don't?
Because I've observed their driving skills or know of places they drive to on a regular basis. Also, women are statistically more likely to have driving anxiety than men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
The point is nearly entirely moot. You have so many restrictions and caveats, that you have reduced your pool to nil, likely. I guess that means you get to continue posting here about how un-datable you are! That is always a plus!
I've never posted about being undateable. I've said that I don't enjoy dating, but I still do it.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,246,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Because I've observed their driving skills or know of places they drive to on a regular basis. Also, women are statistically more likely to have driving anxiety than men.

I guess...but some people are very good at hiding their anxieties.

I totally get why you don't want to drive somewhere that you're not familiar with. I would just let the guys know that although you drive, you prefer driving locally and that you're not comfortable driving long distances or anywhere that you're not familiar with. Be honest with them and just don't put it all on them to come pick you up all the time

Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,434,332 times
Quote:
I totally get why you don't want to drive somewhere that you're not familiar with. I would just let the guys know that although you drive, you prefer driving locally and that you're not comfortable driving long distances or anywhere that you're not familiar with. Be honest with them and just don't put it all on them to come pick you up all the time
I don't know the logistics of where you live, but OP could offer to drive somewhere on his side of town where she could maybe leave her car (a grocery store or strip mall parking lot) and he could meet her and do the tricky local driving from there.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I guess...but some people are very good at hiding their anxieties.

Oh yeah, I'm not demanding about it or anything. If they don't want to drive to see me, they don't have to. I just don't think meeting up is going to get us very far. It's more intimate if we drive together and he needs to be comfortable with coming to my place anyway if he plans on visiting me in the future.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:47 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,246,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't know the logistics of where you live, but OP could offer to drive somewhere on his side of town where she could maybe leave her car (a grocery store or strip mall parking lot) and he could meet her and do the tricky local driving from there.
That's a good suggestion providing those parking lots allow parking for non-patrons but she should still tell them. Most strip malls where I live monitor cars and will ticket and/or tow cars if they are not patrons. Some don't allow parking after store hours either.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:39 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,966,489 times
Quote:
>>>>Shock Face<<<<<<<

Old 01-16-2014, 02:05 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,953,300 times
Quote:
I usually drive to meet the guy on the first date if I meet him online, but after that, I prefer to be picked up because I just hate driving. If a guy lives 20 miles away and wants to do a date activity on his side of town, is it unreasonable for me to prefer that he drives to pick me up, drives us to the date location, drives me back home, and then drives himself back home? I just feel like meeting up instead of driving together seems less date-like. I know some men don't really mind driving, but others might. Do you all (men and women) have preferences regarding who does the driving? Do you think it's rude if a man doesn't want to pick a woman up for a date?

I had to do this for a while and it gets old QUICK. Especially when they show like it's expected and they don't care.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:08 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,953,300 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, I'm not demanding about it or anything. If they don't want to drive to see me, they don't have to. I just don't think meeting up is going to get us very far. It's more intimate if we drive together and he needs to be comfortable with coming to my place anyway if he plans on visiting me in the future.

I'd be very annoyed after a while. Especially that kind of attitude "If you don't want to drive to see me you don't have to. I don't give a crap about you so I'm not going to do anything or go out of my way."

I'd definitely move on to the next. If you're going to keep this attitude, I'd definitely watch your words because most guys with options are going to move on.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I had to do this for a while and it gets old QUICK. Especially when they show like it's expected and they don't care.
So what is it that you prefer? Do you want the girl to pick you up or meet you at the date location half of the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships