Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 03:32 PM

254 posts, read 319,786 times

Advertisements

I'm a proponent of gender differences between the 2 sexes which is in part why I regard active homosexuality as wrong, and effeminate male mannerisms in those gay males that are effeminate as wrong in so far as adding fuel to the fire. I also regard transsexual changes as wrong too. Albeit, I accept all these people but I regard it as wrong nonetheless.

Championing homosexuality and transsexual changes among individuals clearly born members of the sex they neither identify with in body or gender, whilst claiming some "innate" difference in men and women that exceeds the anatomical and physiological differences is just "retarded" so-to-speak.

This is all borne of a confused society.

True, a lot of gender conceptions are socially constructed things. Like the men know how to fix cars thing, or the women don't box or bench press thing.

In a more orderly society people either keep to gender rules or do away with gender rules altogether. What an orderly society does not do is have increasingly contradictory gender rules: e.g., women can't fight men therefore put women in the military infantry so they can fight men. That's a contradiction--irrespective of it being the popular liberal Hollywood conception of what a "good guy" should think and parrot circa 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 04:00 PM

328 posts, read 466,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
There are a ton of threads arguing everything about age, gender, race and other topics. You have chosen to be argumentative instead of looking at some differences. He was trying to do one upbeat thread and you chose to redundantly inject the downbeat.

Believe you me - He knows I'd be on his hiney if he was gender bashing. I used to manage 17 truck drives in a skirt suit and heels and was also well respected and if someone complimented my looks I didn't go nuts over it. So, I know both sides of the coin. I appreciate my strength emotionally and my femininity. I simply don't find it necessary to go to extremes and whip my rope at every turn.

Here is a sample of what I would do if he was gender bashing: https://www.city-data.com/forum/21578804-post14.html
I really have no idea why I am being singled out here. Let's recap: This is a thread on a message board. Most people post replies in places like these to the topic at hand. Discussion ensues. Some people agree, some people disagree. I take it you disagree with me...NO PROBLEM. I've gone to extremes because I see outliers of the 'man vs. woman' deal/people of both genders as valid human beings whose individual 'differences' are respectable? Be He Man, be She Ra, be whatever it is that makes you, you. LOL, I don't get how I have insulted you so grievously from indulging in the purpose of the discussion board, following all posted rules. I never spoke a foul word against anyone here, and that's a fact. I never called anyone out here, and that is also a fact.

Now, for myself, I will say this. Maybe I have low tolerance for the frou-frou prissy image heaped upon ALLLL women because I am not that. I could never afford to be that. Situations in my life put me in contact with people I was once ignorant of, but knowing them and seeing that they are just as 'normal' as any of the rest of us changed my mind and point of view about a lot of things. Assigning people to boxes is dangerous. All men are not 'this' and all women are not 'that'. It's an ignorant sentiment, and I will not apologize for failing to jump on the bandwagon due to my oh so puny 'noob' status. I stand by my words and take responsibility for them, even when I have been in error and am seeking forgiveness. I see no error here, only a difference of opinion and unfounded attack.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:07 PM

328 posts, read 466,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStorm View Post
I'm a proponent of gender differences between the 2 sexes which is in part why I regard active homosexuality as wrong, and effeminate male mannerisms in those gay males that are effeminate as wrong in so far as adding fuel to the fire. I also regard transsexual changes as wrong too. Albeit, I accept all these people but I regard it as wrong nonetheless.

Championing homosexuality and transsexual changes among individuals clearly born members of the sex they neither identify with in body or gender, whilst claiming some "innate" difference in men and women that exceeds the anatomical and physiological differences is just "retarded" so-to-speak.

This is all borne of a confused society.

True, a lot of gender conceptions are socially constructed things. Like the men know how to fix cars thing, or the women don't box or bench press thing.

In a more orderly society people either keep to gender rules or do away with gender rules altogether. What an orderly society does not do is have increasingly contradictory gender rules: e.g., women can't fight men therefore put women in the military infantry so they can fight men. That's a contradiction--irrespective of it being the popular liberal Hollywood conception of what a "good guy" should think and parrot circa 2013.
Well the transsexuals and homosexuals aren't going to go away just because you don't like it. Coexist in peace.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:24 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,226,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
I really have no idea why I am being singled out here. Let's recap: This is a thread on a message board. Most people post replies in places like these to the topic at hand. Discussion ensues. Some people agree, some people disagree. I take it you disagree with me...NO PROBLEM. I've gone to extremes because I see outliers of the 'man vs. woman' deal/people of both genders as valid human beings whose individual 'differences' are respectable? Be He Man, be She Ra, be whatever it is that makes you, you. LOL, I don't get how I have insulted you so grievously from indulging in the purpose of the discussion board, following all posted rules. I never spoke a foul word against anyone here, and that's a fact. I never called anyone out here, and that is also a fact.

Now, for myself, I will say this. Maybe I have low tolerance for the frou-frou prissy image heaped upon ALLLL women because I am not that. I could never afford to be that. Situations in my life put me in contact with people I was once ignorant of, but knowing them and seeing that they are just as 'normal' as any of the rest of us changed my mind and point of view about a lot of things. Assigning people to boxes is dangerous. All men are not 'this' and all women are not 'that'. It's an ignorant sentiment, and I will not apologize for failing to jump on the bandwagon due to my oh so puny 'noob' status. I stand by my words and take responsibility for them, even when I have been in error and am seeking forgiveness. I see no error here, only a difference of opinion and unfounded attack.
Did you even read the link I posted to you?

Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
LOL...Chow, you're a great detective...I THOUGHT that posting style was a bit familiar

And Antlered, if that IS you, long time no see, man
LOL, Mrs. Chow is the one that noticed first, and yet she's hardly even on the forum these days......

Old 12-09-2013, 04:28 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,226,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, Mrs. Chow is the one that noticed first, and yet she's hardly even on the forum these days......
It's funny how people think they 'get away with it.' When they are quoted, their original name defaults in the other post at first. I even saw it.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:33 PM

37,719 posts, read 46,158,427 times
Quote:
Well, Anterled.... you've been around the "proverbial" CD block a time or two yourself, so I'd be careful about making too life and sunshine references.
Son of a b*tch!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:38 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
I was just having a convo with Mrs. Chow and in the convo, it came up about working out.

I was joking around about sometimes it's cool to be on a weight bench with about 250 pound on your chest and you have to "man up" and pump that bad boy up... you know... bench pressing...... it's a fav for men to do... women don't do it.. but any ways.. the greater thought is how women and men are different.

Mrs. Chow laughed and talked about liking aerobics and yoga, and feeling light and stretched, and things of that order....

I think.. men and women sometimes get at a crossroads because we basically have differing views.. I know I'm talking about working out here, but it's metaphoric for other things...

Lets accept that women and men are different... let's not try and change it... just revel in the differences.

There is a word called synergy.

That is the definition of what men and women are...

I love the differences between men and women, I just don't want to be bound by stereotypes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-09-2013, 09:32 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,078,890 times
Quote:

All I meant was in general, men and women are different, I think we should just accept some of the differences and maybe, just maybe, appreciate them as well.......
I appreciate what you were trying to do with this thread, but the problem was that you basically went across the line when you brought gender into the equation. You should have stuck to "humans" instead of "male/female".

Because I agree that every HUMAN is different. And that yes, we should respect and accept them. And yes, even embrace their differences.

And that's what I do. I don't generalize a gender because I have been proven wrong over and over again. Not only by my own self, but by people I meet. I haven't ever really been able to say, "all men/women ___". Not even with the few people in my own life. Oh wait. I could say the physical attributes of a male/female, because I haven't met any transgendered/hermaphrodites/etc (that I know of).

Old 12-10-2013, 04:55 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,016,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
I appreciate what you were trying to do with this thread, but the problem was that you basically went across the line when you brought gender into the equation. You should have stuck to "humans" instead of "male/female".

Because I agree that every HUMAN is different. And that yes, we should respect and accept them. And yes, even embrace their differences.

And that's what I do. I don't generalize a gender because I have been proven wrong over and over again. Not only by my own self, but by people I meet. I haven't ever really been able to say, "all men/women ___". Not even with the few people in my own life. Oh wait. I could say the physical attributes of a male/female, because I haven't met any transgendered/hermaphrodites/etc (that I know of).
Considering the recent data gained from large scale brain mapping that shows significant differences in the neural connections of male and female brains that have a direct effect on cognitive reasoning, motor skills, social abilities, and many other factors your argument has no technical merit. As a woman you were born to think differently than a man. It is coded into your DNA.

Personally I'm glad because I think the world would pretty much suck if women were the same as men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships