Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 12:14 PM

328 posts, read 468,391 times

Advertisements

No human male is devoid of emotion and no human female is devoid of capability for rational thought. Individual mileage may vary, but based solely on gender...no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 12:18 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,599,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
No human male is devoid of emotion and no human female is devoid of capability for rational thought. Individual mileage may vary, but based solely on gender...no.
Nobody said otherwise.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:30 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,345,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
My ultimate point was, which is better? When we take off the goggles that society has forced us to wear and we truly respect all life forms, which is better? Neither. The man is not better than the woman and the woman is no better than the man. Both are necessary. Both are individual. Both are capable of achieving outward and inward goals and being great ambassadors of humanity. People still live in places where it is expected for a man to waste his life in senseless war, and for women to be breeding machines worthy of no regard other than making male children. Both parallels are equally despicable.
Damn! Chow tries to do a thread about positive differences and that we should embrace them is definitely well intended and yet he gets his dick-slapped for doing so. I don't believe, having read Chow's posts for a long while now, he was just ejaculating senseless gender disparagements for some soap box argument.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:41 PM

328 posts, read 468,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Damn! Chow tries to do a thread about positive differences and that we should embrace them is definitely well intended and yet he gets his dick-slapped for doing so. I don't believe, having read Chow's posts for a long while now, he was just ejaculating senseless gender disparagements for some soap box argument.
I think this is a very serious topic and I'm not sorry that I take it as such. I deal with people who are severely wounded by these "gender expectations" that culture and society places upon them. It hurts people when people say things, even innocently, like: "Yeah, she's just irrational today because she's on her rag." or "Steve always cries like a little _____ (derrogatory term for homosexual men) when he loses."

I'm NOT saying anyone here went there. I'm NOT saying anyone was going to go there. But, in my eyes, the essence of those expressions are being alluded to. I like the OP's online persona. He is balanced and seems genuine. I've nothing against anyone here, ANYONE, hell I don't know any of you to dislike you. I have one person on ignore for a major reason and everyone else, I like to think I learn a little from everyone here and in real life...even the ones I disagree with. Hell, ESPECIALLY the ones I disagree with. Disagreement is not a bad thing. I respect many people that see things differently than myself.

LOL a little woo-sah may be in order. Doomed is not a confrontational chick, just outspoken. My apologies to anyone who believes otherwise.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:47 PM

809 posts, read 1,281,892 times
Quote:
Perhaps the Chows need to sign out, get a life and some sunshine

This forum isn't the end of the world.

Men will be men. Women will be women. Why is this a problem? Another navel gazing thread.

And the last time I was in the gym, more chicks were doing weights and the men were running/spinning.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:24 PM

52,730 posts, read 53,284,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I don't spend my time looking for things to nit-pick and label as "man" characteristics. There are many things about my husband that just are, because that's just how he is. The same goes for me. I also don't make assumptions about other men and how they must act because they are men.

One issue I've run into many times is the old "women want to vent, men want to solve the problem" issue. Sometimes I just need to vent, cry, get my emotions out, and just have him listen. I have never met a man who does that as his first instinct. They want to fix the problem and make suggestions about what I could and should do. Sometimes that is annoying, when all I want to do is vent. I could dwell on this difference, be annoyed, be upset that he's not in tune to what I need, cry, whine, stew over it, whatever. OR, I could shrug and say "he's a man," appreciate that him trying to "fix" it is his way of showing me he cares, and be thankful I have him.

I've never met a man who is thrilled about the idea of buying tampons. I could get mad, annoyed, upset about this, OR I could laugh and say "he's a man" and buy my own tampons.

This is the context in which I am taking the OP. It's pretty light-hearted and superficial. There's no need to over think it.
See bolded.

That's the intent of the thread.

That man fix thing issue has come up for me big time, now I don't always just try and solve the problem but just listen.....

I get that, most of the time anyways, I have an engineering type job so the urge to "solve" is a hard one to resist....

Old 12-09-2013, 01:27 PM

52,730 posts, read 53,284,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Perhaps the Chows need to sign out, get a life and some sunshine

This forum isn't the end of the world.

Men will be men. Women will be women. Why is this a problem? Another navel gazing thread.

And the last time I was in the gym, more chicks were doing weights and the men were running/spinning.
Well, Anterled.... you've been around the "proverbial" CD block a time or two yourself, so I'd be careful about making too life and sunshine references.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:30 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,696,637 times
Lightbulb Ah HAAAAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, Anterled.... you've been around the "proverbial" CD block a time or two yourself, so I'd be careful about making too life and sunshine references.
LOL...Chow, you're a great detective...I THOUGHT that posting style was a bit familiar

And Antlered, if that IS you, long time no see, man

Old 12-09-2013, 01:33 PM

809 posts, read 1,281,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Referencing banned posters does not make what I had said any wrong.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:36 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,277,939 times
Quote:
So... what? Chow, who is beyond a doubt a nice dude, makes a post about how we should. Something. But if someone disagrees that one should do that? Because he is a nice dude, it is a bad thing to make a comment? Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships