Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 05:44 AM

428 posts, read 480,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The bible? Oh please. I refuse to advocate this men are babies mantra. It's disrespectful. I married a grown up who doesn't stand between my child and me or between anything and me. As if there should be a line. How absurd. He stands beside me. Period.

Actually Bible commad men to love their women more than anything else. LOL

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
So you do not have to worry about this.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:46 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,153,989 times
I have replied to this topic in the past, and will do so again.

Love for a spouse is very different than love for a child and I honestly do not think it can be quantified in a way to say love is more, or less, for one than the other in general.

In specific situations it could be, depending on the course, and health of the marital relationship.

However, in general, a woman's love for her spouse is a very different and unique relationship from any other, as is her love for her children.

In relationships where the marital bond has suffered or broken, the reason is because the couple has had a breakdown in communication and maintianing their own bond and chemsity. Not that the woman's affection has been taken away by a child. It may look that way, but as the marital bond breaks down, the woman is likely refocusing more of her attention, and affection towards her child since as a consequence.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:49 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,327,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I could insult you too but i choose not to. Thank you for your time.
I'm telling you the truth. If you need a woman to love you like a mother loves a child then you have issues. And really, that you people want to rob babies of the love and nurturing they require for optimal development is pretty debased. Especially given that children aren't prioritized the world over. They are dragged over the coals of divorce, relationships, and boloney in the west. My views are quite conservative in this space. Both parents should be putting their kid first. Too many don't.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
I'm telling you the truth. If you need a woman to love you like a mother loves a child then you have issues. And really, that you people want to rob babies of the love and nurturing they require for optimal development is pretty debased. Especially given that children aren't prioritized the world over. They are dragged over the coals of divorce, relationships, and boloney in the west. My views are quite conservative in this space. Both parents should be putting their kid first. Too many don't.
No. I don't even need a woman. My mom is enough for me but i sometimes dislike her overly clingy attitude and that is why i remain distant from her. I rarely live with my parents. I don't even need love.

That was not my question. Far from it. You just don't get it.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I have replied to this topic in the past, and will do so again.

Love for a spouse is very different than love for a child and I honestly do not think it can be quantified in a way to say love is more, or less, for one than the other in general.

In specific situations it could be, depending on the course, and health of the marital relationship.

However, in general, a woman's love for her spouse is a very different and unique relationship from any other, as is her love for her children.

In relationships where the marital bond has suffered or broken, the reason is because the couple has had a breakdown in communication and maintianing their own bond and chemsity. Not that the woman's affection has been taken away by a child. It may look that way, but as the marital bond breaks down, the woman is likely refocusing more of her attention, and affection towards her child since as a consequence.

I have seen so many cases where a man is kicked to the curb after baby comes in the picture. I can ever recall some articles i read some months on DM about it.

Well. Who knows why these guys wrote such articles

I love my wife more than my children (but she loves THEM more than me)': Breaking one of the great parenting taboos, a father-of-three makes a revealing confession

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2jkYEYDmb

I resent my children for stealing my wife's love

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2jkYKQcoL

Why I'll always put my children before my husband... even though it's already destroyed one relationship

Why I'll always put my children before my husband... even though it's already destroyed one relationship | Mail Online

These are just some mild examples. I have seen this same thing in my own parent's relationship and my friend's. It seems like it is today's norm.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
No. I don't even need a woman. My mom is enough for me but i sometimes dislike her overly clingy attitude and that is why i remain distant from her. I rarely live with my parents. I don't even need love.

That was not my question. Far from it. You just don't get it.
You sound very immature. And your mother's clinging is not prioritizing you either. It's prioritizing her and it's obviously doing a doozy on you.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
You sound very immature. And your mother's clinging is not prioritizing you either. It's prioritizing her and it's obviously doing a doozy on you.

Not immature. Just awakened about the realities of marriage and the life of married men.
Its been just a week since i started thinking about this topic (after watching that episode) and find a lot of depressing realities but i am getting over it. What is the point of thinking about it if it is natural.

Thanks for your time

Old 11-05-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Actually Bible commad men to love their women more than anything else. LOL

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
So you do not have to worry about this.
Back in reality that's not how it works. Anyhow, good job at actively ignoring my point.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:03 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,942,928 times
Were you able to find the TED talk, or are these "studies" still limited to opinion articles from a tabloid magazine?

Old 11-05-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Back in reality that's not how it works. Anyhow, good job at actively ignoring my point.
What was the point ?
You call guys immature babies if they seek some love from their wives. I mean. How fair is that ?
When a man loves. He loves hard, freely. He don't discriminate. For him, his family matters the most and that includes both wives and kids in most cases. I don't think its true for women though. For most of them, only their child matter the most. But its only natural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships