Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:38 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I am not needy. I have never expected anyone to love me in my life ever. They just did. I am scared. I am scared that if i ever fall in love with a woman then i would do anything for her. I would fall madly and i know for the fact that i would never ever get even 50 % of the love back. This is no neediness. This fact haunt me and that is why i want to do nothing with a woman EVER.

But i don't know why i am even writing this. You are too ignorant. And yes, i would take care of my parents when they grow old. You don't know me. I was always a giver. Not a taker.

Those of you looking for a second mommy likely do not. Yes, that is the case.
I don't need a mommy. I just cannot understand your logic at all.
Quote:
I would rather live single then to be in those guys place ( daddy blues) and all that.

You guys are incapable of posting counter arguments because you knew how true i was.
Like I said - the only person who you are hurting is yourself. You are choosing to look for things that support your fears - and then you are misinterpreting opinion pieces to make it seem like they confirm that you are correct. You have no experience with these types of love - and yet you are completely ignoring the posts of all the people on here who do. Like I said, you are in for a long, unhappy life if you continue on this path. I hope you realize this and make a change before it is too late. The love my husband and I feel for each other and our son is the most incredible feeling in the world. I would hope that everyone would get to experience something like it in their own lives.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:41 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,693,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The vast majority of mothers work outside the home and the vast majority are primary caregivers. And I'm dead serious. That is the makings of crappy marriages. If these guys pulled up their big boy pants and took on the roles they should, which is up front and center, primary parenting they wouldn't have the time to complain.
This.

First, I believe the love a mother feels for a child is different than the love for a spouse. I don't know if men feel that same love or not but I would bet at least some do. I would choose my child over my spouse in a life threatening situation - but in the same respect I would also choose my child over myself under the same circumstances and hope my spouse would too.

That being said...

Many moms work and are the primary caregivers as well. I cannot tell you how unsexy it is to see a husband come home from work, plop down and expect his wife (who has also been working) to make dinner, feed the baby, clean up after dinner, mind baby and then please him. This is where relationships go downhill and women lose respect and love for husbands.

If a woman has this sort of mate, then they are expendable. If all they contribute is a paycheck, and don't step up (helping is the wrong word here because it implies you are helping with your wife's duties when in fact they are shared duties that she is doing alone) with the baby or household chores but expect to be cared for then they become a secondary child - no romance there. Babies need to be cared for, adults are capable of caring for themselves. If a man wants his wife to be passionate about him then he needs to step up and be responsible, share in the household duties and spend time with his child. These actions will make you important in your wife's eyes and her respect, love, and passion will continue on.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 AM

428 posts, read 476,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Like I said - the only person who you are hurting is yourself. You are choosing to look for things that support your fears - and then you are misinterpreting opinion pieces to make it seem like they confirm that you are correct. You have no experience with these types of love - and yet you are completely ignoring the posts of all the people on here who do. Like I said, you are in for a long, unhappy life if you continue on this path. I hope you realize this and make a change before it is too late. The love my husband and I feel for each other and our son is the most incredible feeling in the world. I would hope that everyone would get to experience something like it in their own lives.
You are choosing to look for things that support your fears - and then you are misinterpreting opinion pieces to make it seem like they confirm that you are correct

So i should just ignore the study i saw on Tv because you said so ?

ou have no experience with these types of love - and yet you are completely ignoring the posts of all the people on here who do

I don't want to experience either in this lifetime. I am very happy with the way i am. I am happy with my family and with my brother. They are my true family which no woman and child could replace. I would do anything for them. Even though i am not with them anymore but they are the reason why i wake up everyday.

Like I said, you are in for a long, unhappy life if you continue on this path.

How so ?
Can't single guys live happily ?
I am happy being single. So i don't know why would i become unhappy all of a sudden.

I would hope that everyone would get to experience something like it in their own lives

I hope i would never experience something like that.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:47 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
This.

First, I believe the love a mother feels for a child is different than the love for a spouse. I don't know if men feel that same love or not but I would bet at least some do. I would choose my child over my spouse in a life threatening situation - but in the same respect I would also choose my child over myself under the same circumstances and hope my spouse would too.

That being said...

Many moms work and are the primary caregivers as well. I cannot tell you how unsexy it is to see a husband come home from work, plop down and expect his wife (who has also been working) to make dinner, feed the baby, clean up after dinner, mind baby and then please him. This is where relationships go downhill and women lose respect and love for husbands.

If a woman has this sort of mate, then they are expendable. If all they contribute is a paycheck, and don't step up (helping is the wrong word here because it implies you are helping with your wife's duties when in fact they are shared duties that she is doing alone) with the baby or household chores but expect to be cared for then they become a secondary child - no romance there. Babies need to be cared for, adults are capable of caring for themselves. If a man wants his wife to be passionate about him then he needs to step up and be responsible, share in the household duties and spend time with his child. These actions will make you important in your wife's eyes and her respect, love, and passion will continue on.
Exactly. And I believe respect is tied to love for women. I've never known a woman that loves a man she doesn't respect. It's a must.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
You are choosing to look for things that support your fears - and then you are misinterpreting opinion pieces to make it seem like they confirm that you are correct

So i should just ignore the study i saw on Tv because you said so ?

ou have no experience with these types of love - and yet you are completely ignoring the posts of all the people on here who do

I don't want to experience either in this lifetime. I am very happy with the way i am. I am happy with my family and with my brother. They are my true family which no woman and child could replace. I would do anything for them. Even though i am not with them anymore but they are the reason why i wake up everyday.

Like I said, you are in for a long, unhappy life if you continue on this path.

How so ?
Can't single guys live happily ?
I am happy being single. So i don't know why would i become unhappy all of a sudden.

I would hope that everyone would get to experience something like it in their own lives

I hope i would never experience something like that.
I think it's great that you will never marry and will never have children. It's good that you know yourself.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
This.

That being said...

I believe the love a mother feels for a child is different than the love for a spouse.
Not different but FAR FAR stronger. Be honest

I don't know if men feel that same love or not but I would bet at least some do
They obviously do but their love for their wives grow 10 folds too. They just love their family. Wife and kids.

I cannot tell you how unsexy it is to see a husband come home from work, plop down and expect his wife (who has also been working) to make dinner, feed the baby, clean up after dinner, mind baby and then please him

I agree that men should be equal partner in a relationship but i don't know why would a man passionate about his wife if she see so little of him after giving birth ?

If a woman has this sort of mate, then they are expendable

Well. I would be surprised if a woman don't consider her husband as replaceable because it would be unnatural and against biology.

If a man wants his wife to be passionate about him then he needs to step up and be responsible, share in the household duties and spend time with his child.
Same way a woman should not stop caring about her husband after giving birth. It goes both ways. I know, you would be one of those women who expect your husband to do everything while you put all of your energy in caring for your child and don't give the **** about the man in the house.

These actions will make you important in your wife's eyes and her respect, love, and passion will continue on
Sure thing. A slave in making.

Last edited by princewilla; 11-05-2013 at 08:59 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Exactly. And I believe respect is tied to love for women. I've never known a woman that loves a man she doesn't respect. It's a must.
Again wrong

I love my husband - but respect him? Don't make me laugh!
Katie Hopkins admits... I love my husband - but respect him? Don't make me laugh! | Mail Online

Please stop trying.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I think it's great that you will never marry and will never have children. It's good that you know yourself.
But i would love to adopt in my 30's one day if i get the opportunity. Or maybe i would adopt a puppy.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:06 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,892 times
Quote:
But i would love to adopt in my 30's one day if i get the opportunity. Or maybe i would adopt a puppy.
Puppy's probably best.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Puppy's probably best.
I think you are correct. Dog's are after all man's best friend and they love you unconditionally just like you love them. They are amazing creatures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.