Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:32 PM

428 posts, read 478,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Well you are on the internet so can't you look it up?
There are so many ted talk videos. So its difficult to find one.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:34 PM

With that study one can even say. A man's love for a woman is indeed a lot greater than a woman's love for a man. Nothing wrong with it though. Its just biology.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I know for fact my wive loves the kids more than me.
In fact, she loves her job more, her friends more and the dogs more.
I think I am #5 and holding on by a string..
I know a lot of guys who are in the exact same situation. Why don't you talk about this to her ?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,309,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
With that study one can even say. A man's love for a woman is indeed a lot greater than a woman's love for a man. Nothing wrong with it though. Its just biology.
Love is not measurable. And your conclusions have nothing to do with your OP. Saying that a mother loves her child more than her spouse is not the same thing as saying that her spouse loves her more than she loves him. Maybe she loves him more than he loves her - AND she loves her child more than she loves him. But like I said, I don't believe love is measurable and I don't see the point in trying to make a list of the order in which you love people.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Love is not measurable. And your conclusions have nothing to do with your OP. Saying that a mother loves her child more than her spouse is not the same thing as saying that her spouse loves her more than she loves him. Maybe she loves him more than he loves her - AND she loves her child more than she loves him. But like I said, I don't believe love is measurable and I don't see the point in trying to make a list of the order in which you love people.
I don't think so. Biology dictates this. That is why in her similar study she noticed how men take way longer time to fall out of love after breakup. You can find similar studies in internet as well. Break up is harder for men compared to women because they love Way deeply than woman.Ofcourse love can be measured.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:53 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,721,825 times
Quote:
I don't think so. Biology dictates this. That is why in her similar study she noticed how men take way longer time to fall out of love after breakup. You can find similar studies in internet as well. Break up is harder for men compared to women because they love Way deeply than woman.Ofcourse love can be measured.
Break ups are harder for men? Now that one seems hard to quantify. Maybe from my own experience it wasn't hard at all so this actually threw me a little.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,107,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I disagree, love for children is definitely conditional.

I don't think there is such a thing as unconditional love.
And THAT is probably the root of your problem Kid and why you create thread after thread to discuss your craving for love and attention

PLEASE, quit wasting your time on the computer and just spend it all with a good therapist instead!

Unconditional love does indeed exist and it's very sad that you've never experienced it

Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Break ups are harder for men? Now that one seems hard to quantify. Maybe from my own experience it wasn't hard at all so this actually threw me a little.
Relationship break-ups hit men harder than women, researchers claim | Mail Online

Old 11-04-2013, 10:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,309,131 times
Quote:
First of all - that is still not a measure of how deeply someone can love. Personally, I ended my relationships when they were already over. I was already out of love. I hung on as long as I could and I ended it when it was over. That doesn't mean that I didn't love as deeply - it just means that AFTER the breakup - I was ALREADY out of love.

I don't even know why anyone would care about this or try to measure love. My husband and I love each other so much - and we love our son so much, too. Our house is filled with love. I think it's pathetic to try to sit and figure out who loves who more or how much - especially because I don't think it's possible to do so.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
First of all - that is still not a measure of how deeply someone can love. Personally, I ended my relationships when they were already over. I was already out of love. I hung on as long as I could and I ended it when it was over. That doesn't mean that I didn't love as deeply - it just means that AFTER the breakup - I was ALREADY out of love.

I don't even know why anyone would care about this or try to measure love. My husband and I love each other so much - and we love our son so much, too. Our house is filled with love. I think it's pathetic to try to sit and figure out who loves who more or how much - especially because I don't think it's possible to do so.
Huh. Doesn't prove anything. I have studies to prove my claim though

Women rush into romance but men will fall harder
Women rush into romance but men will fall harder - Independent.ie

So there you go. Women generally get over the break up or divorce while men don't. It tells a lot about how men and women love each other more than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships