Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:12 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times

Advertisements

Yes an article is proof. Hardly I'm sure the method which isn't stated is viable as well?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post

So there you go. Women generally get over the break up or divorce while men don't. It tells a lot about how men and women love each other more than anything else.
To quote you, "Huh?"

The way people recover from any heartbreak has more to do with their coping skills than their gender.

As Dewdrop has said, love is not measurable.

And those who try to insist that it is have WAY too much time on their hands, and probably not enough love in their lives.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Huh. Doesn't prove anything. I have studies to prove my claim though

Women rush into romance but men will fall harder
Women rush into romance but men will fall harder - Independent.ie

So there you go. Women generally get over the break up or divorce while men don't. It tells a lot about how men and women love each other more than anything else.
Umm... That's not a study. That's an opinion piece. It didn't prove anything.

You can't PROVE love. You can't MEASURE love. Have you ever been in love? Are you married? Do you have children? Because it sounds like you are talking about something that you have no experience with - or that you are talking from the perspective of someone who has only experienced unrequited love - which isn't the same thing at all.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:16 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,529 times
Of course women love their kids more than their husbands!

A husband is considered a resource (a wage slave) to be used until he ceases to be useful then "discarded" and forced to pay alimony.

Once a man has signed a marriage license he is the property of his wife... a wage slave. The state will bring the full burden of the law to insure this. A woman has no incentive to please a man once he signs a marriage contract.

I will never get married.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:19 PM

428 posts, read 475,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Of course women love their kids more than their husbands!

A husband is considered a resource (a wage slave) to be used until he ceases to be useful then "discarded" and forced to pay alimony.

Once a man has signed a marriage license he is the property of his wife... a wage slave. The state will bring the full burden of the law to insure this. A woman has no incentive to please a man once he signs a marriage contract.

Nor do i man. Nor do i.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Umm... That's not a study. That's an opinion piece. It didn't prove anything.

You can't PROVE love. You can't MEASURE love. Have you ever been in love? Are you married? Do you have children? Because it sounds like you are talking about something that you have no experience with - or that you are talking from the perspective of someone who has only experienced unrequited love - which isn't the same thing at all.

It proves the gender behavior of men and women. Do you know men are more ROMANTIC than women ?
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-more-romantic

Psychologist researched it

Old 11-04-2013, 10:27 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
You're a wise man. I hope I can have the privilege of dying knowing I never got married.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
To quote you, "Huh?"

The way people recover from any heartbreak has more to do with their coping skills than their gender.

As Dewdrop has said, love is not measurable.

And those who try to insist that it is have WAY too much time on their hands, and probably not enough love in their lives.

Gender and love plays a lot of role in that.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:40 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This again? Personally, the love I feel for my son is totally different than the love I feel for my husband. They are not comparable nor would I choose to compare them and pick which one I love more.
I agree with this. It's a folly of the English language that we use the same word for romantic love and familial love. They are very different.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Yes an article is proof. Hardly I'm sure the method which isn't stated is viable as well?
You can Google it and you would find various research which prove this claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships