Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 03:42 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,280,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliChick View Post
To Oceangaia: I ended the fwb when I started dating Rob. Rob is a wonderful lover - just different from Sam and that's not a boad thing. Also you asked if Sam has "a bigger tool." That's actually funny because Rob has him beat on that one hands down! And no, I do not lust after Sam.
You need to be telling this to Rob.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:44 PM

21 posts, read 42,655 times
To jsun556: You said I "did stuff with him that she hasn't with me". Yes. And that's a big problem for Rob and I can see why. Doesn't make him feel special . I know.

To oceangaia: Like I said before, I wasn't "doing Sam" while I dated Rob. I stopped everything with Sam about two weeks after Rob and I went on our firswt date. At least that's something that I did not mess up

Also to oceangaia: This is EXACTLY how Rob feel when you said: "many men want a girl who thinks he is the best and most attractive man ever to her - who gives it up quick for him but made the others wait, who does the nasty things with him that she refused the others." In Rob's eyes he got the opposite. This is an area that I could really use some advice on. Telling him to get over it etc is not going to work. I need to explain it and hopefully change his viewpoint.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:48 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,807,938 times
Quote:
This is an area that I could really use some advice on. Telling him to get over it etc is not going to work. I need to explain it and hopefully change his viewpoint.
All I can contribute is what I suggested in Post #152. Good luck.

Mod note: Post numbers have changed due to deletions.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-08-2013 at 03:26 PM..

Old 08-06-2013, 03:52 PM

To The_Dimwit: Of course I'm going to do with Rob what I did with others. And yes, I did get caught in a major lie. I know this. Part of it was to protect the image of me that I wanted Robert to have. But another part was so that Rob did not feel weird about our pasts. He's had few partners and I've had more. I know that guys wants their "number" to be higher than their wives' "number" so a part of me wanted to spare his feelings I guess. As far as how Rob "stacks up with other men", he has absolutely nothing to worry about. As I said before, he's actually "big" AND he uses it well. He really does stack up the best. Thing is, if I just say that, he'll figure I'm giving him a line since I have not mentioned it at all in the past.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:55 PM

To jsun556: Yeah, Rob did ask Sam did tell him. Kinda sucks. I hate Sam for telling and I'm dissappointed that Rob asked. And yeah, I guess guys go for the facts, you're right.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,354,759 times
Quote:
To Tele-Cat: No, you're wrong because I AM sorry and not because I got caught. I know I was being self serving but I did it because I really really want things to work out for Rob and me. So I amabsolutely sorry and I've told that to Rob many times

To MarcAllen242: I wasn't really "seeing them both at the same time." I was never actually seeing Sam - it was a fwb. But I know that's a technicality. So to answer straight, I was with Sam for about a couple of weeks after my first date with Rob. I cut off the Sam thing quickly cause like I said before I saw that Rob was a keeper right away. So no, it is not like I cheated on him.
Quote:
To bxlefty: Your comment about a guy not wanting to wait while his buddy got it right away is exactly how Rob feels . BUT, it's not fair to say that I made Rob jump thru hoops while i ****ed around.

Orphaned.

To Oceangaia: I ended the fwb when I started dating Rob. Rob is a wonderful lover - just different from Sam and that's not a boad thing. Also you asked if Sam has "a bigger tool." That's actually funny because Rob has him beat on that one hands down! And no, I do not lust after Sam.

You have contradicted yourself once again. If you saw Rob was a keeper right away you would have cut things with Sam BEFORE your first date with Rob.

Beyond anything else though this entire situation is exactly why "Friends With Benefits" is NOT reality.

One cannot have casual sex with someone from their social group without having hurt feelings somewhere down the line. IF you want casual sex have it but have it with someone you NEVER see socially or at work or who knows any of your friends. You get together, you have sex, you shower and you leave. No socializing, no going out for lunch/supper/drinks/dancing. NO CONTACT unless you are having sex.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-08-2013 at 03:27 PM..

Old 08-06-2013, 03:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,354,759 times
Quote:
To jsun556: Yeah, Rob did ask Sam did tell him. Kinda sucks. I hate Sam for telling and I'm dissappointed that Rob asked. And yeah, I guess guys go for the facts, you're right.
How can you hate someone for doing what you should have done which is TELL THE TRUTH???

PS ~~ You really should show Rob how easily it is for you to post specific details about his manhood on a public forum.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,138,382 times
Do Not start a marriage out on a lie step up to the plate and tell him . If he does not forgive you then that is on him ,and be prepared he might end the relationship but hey it will hurt for awhile . You will survive but you must be upfront with him . I wish you luck it is hard .

Old 08-06-2013, 04:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You have contradicted yourself once again. If you saw Rob was a keeper right away you would have cut things with Sam BEFORE your first date with Rob.

Beyond anything else though this entire situation is exactly why "Friends With Benefits" is NOT reality.

One cannot have casual sex with someone from their social group without having hurt feelings somewhere down the line. IF you want casual sex have it but have it with someone you NEVER see socially or at work or who knows any of your friends. You get together, you have sex, you shower and you leave. No socializing, no going out for lunch/supper/drinks/dancing. NO CONTACT unless you are having sex.
How would she have known he was a keeper before she started dating him?

Old 08-06-2013, 04:02 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,280,259 times
Quote:
Also to oceangaia: This is EXACTLY how Rob feel when you said: "many men want a girl who thinks he is the best and most attractive man ever to her - who gives it up quick for him but made the others wait, who does the nasty things with him that she refused the others." In Rob's eyes he got the opposite. This is an area that I could really use some advice on. Telling him to get over it etc is not going to work. I need to explain it and hopefully change his viewpoint.
Explain it? Or change it? You can't change that you slept with Sam faster than Rob but you can change what you do with Rob and do everything with him that you did with Sam and then some. Or do you not want to do that but want Rob to just accept that he gets less?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships