Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:55 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,923,393 times

Advertisements

As someone who has been single for three years, I've come to notice the state and qualifications of getting into a relationship (emotional or physical). But here's my issue for the area I live in:

-Many girls who are decent have either been taken or "not looking for a relationship right now."
-Girls that are available are either ultra-snobbish, slutty, or have a massive attitude
-Girls around my age group are attracted to fratboys, wiggers, posers, or *******s
-And In my particular situation (race-based), most girls within my race are attracted to only posers, gangsters, drug-dealers, and jailbirds. Girls from other ethnic groups (as well as decent girls from my race) are either united in the hatred of intellectual and decent individuals from my race or only go after the dumbasses from my race.

Is this something that just happened in this decade (versus the 1970s and 1990s when I assumed that its was better)? Will I continue to have this come against me as being a contention for having a g/f (or at least a sex partner)? Is this the American standard for relationship in 18-24 Americans? Or are there regions/states/cities, time periods/decades, or age categories where this pattern stops and where decency is seen as a positive attribute?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 12:58 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,386,410 times
For lack of any tangible advice... Are you maybe open to inter-racial dating?

Maybe I don't understand your question completely right...

Old 07-24-2007, 01:08 PM

67 posts, read 190,643 times
It's their immaturity and their attraction to the "bad boy". Try attending sunday school at your church. There are a lot of good people there that have been taught some good morals. Todays society is anything goes and it's very sad.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,923,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlekitten View Post
For lack of any tangible advice... Are you maybe open to inter-racial dating?

Maybe I don't understand your question completely right...
I am very open to inter-racial dating/sex/marriage. The problem in my area and particularly in my college is that most girls aren't willing to be involved with a person from my race due to the reputation that my ethnic group has (and in most cases, causes). This has especially been the case for women from other more neutral/middle-of-the-line minorities (Asian, Indian, Middle-Eastern, Jewish)

Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,386,410 times
I can understand what you mean entirely.... I've been seeing the "meat selection" as I guess they're calling it nowadays, living in the baltimore/dc area here recently... the best thing I could possibly suggest is what previous poster offered. You don't find a swan swimming in a sewer. (and I quote). Try looking into some social events. Get involved with the community. Try a church group, or a singles bowling league.. or something sappy like that... lol. If you're scoping out the possibles, from the streets or the bars, . . . .then you're going to only get so far. Guality over Quantity.

It may just have something to do with the specific area you live in.

for example... I don't feel safe going to the Wal-Mart that's 2 blocks from the house. but a 15 minute drive to Annapolis or Columbia, and it's like I'm in an entirely different world. People don't look like they will pull a gun on you, if you smile at them when you walk past!! it's a miracle!!

So don't limit yourself with what's available within a certain mile radius. you'll sell yourself short. and don't don't pretend it's a choice, if it's more or less a lack of options.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:26 PM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,202,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
As someone who has been single for three years, I've come to notice the state and qualifications of getting into a relationship (emotional or physical). But here's my issue for the area I live in:

-Many girls who are decent have either been taken or "not looking for a relationship right now."
-Girls that are available are either ultra-snobbish, slutty, or have a massive attitude
-Girls around my age group are attracted to fratboys, wiggers, posers, or *******s
-And In my particular situation (race-based), most girls within my race are attracted to only posers, gangsters, drug-dealers, and jailbirds. Girls from other ethnic groups (as well as decent girls from my race) are either united in the hatred of intellectual and decent individuals from my race or only go after the dumbasses from my race.

Is this something that just happened in this decade (versus the 1970s and 1990s when I assumed that its was better)? Will I continue to have this come against me as being a contention for having a g/f (or at least a sex partner)? Is this the American standard for relationship in 18-24 Americans? Or are there regions/states/cities, time periods/decades, or age categories where this pattern stops and where decency is seen as a positive attribute?
=============

You seem like you got your head on your shoulders - I'd say worry about finishing college and everything will fall in place. Do not follow the crowd because everyone is doing it - attend church regularly if you can and when the time is right prince charming will come knocking on your door.

P.S - don't let this give you sleepless nights ... !!!

Old 07-24-2007, 04:30 PM

219 posts, read 718,623 times
Quote:

It is not just your area my friend, this observed behavior is more widespread than you think.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:16 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,275,145 times
Quote:
I am very open to inter-racial dating/sex/marriage. The problem in my area and particularly in my college is that most girls aren't willing to be involved with a person from my race due to the reputation that my ethnic group has (and in most cases, causes). This has especially been the case for women from other more neutral/middle-of-the-line minorities (Asian, Indian, Middle-Eastern, Jewish)
If your college has an "Education Abroad Program" it might be worth looking into. When I was an undergrad, I spent a year in Japan and had few problems finding dates. In addition, my Japanese language skills improved tremendously. If you don't want to learn another language, you can always go to England, the Barbados, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, or several other countries where English is widely spoken. There's only one race -- human, so get out there and see what the world has to offer.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:25 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,793,850 times
I think you will find the right person when the times right. You only need one right person.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:38 PM

67 posts, read 228,163 times
Quote:

Dude, it's no better in the 34-42 age range, matter of fact it gets worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships