Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:14 PM

607 posts, read 855,836 times

Advertisements

The other night, I met this 29 year old on OKCupid. Has some really tasteful tattoos, and its kinda artsy. I am 24.

We go to a bar/restaurant, semi fancy, at 11pm.

We get some drinks and food, split the bill.

Conversation was great, a lot of flirting, talking, touching, laughing etc. She even asked me, "so what are you doing later tonight?" (i assumed she wanted to bone, since it was already 11pm).

I walk her back to her place. Use the "can I use your restroom" excuse (even though I really did have to). Take a ****, she shows me around her apt, we start making out.

Made out for a few mintues, then I tried to advance things, and she laughed and said "I think I want to take it slow."

I said okay, we talked for a bit more, I kissed her on the cheek and left.

She texts me saying she had a good time, but just wants to be friends.

What?

Was my kissing subpar? Women be crazy? Something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
She's just not that into you.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:18 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post

I walk her back to her place. Use the "can I use your restroom" excuse (even though I really did have to). Take a ****, she shows me around her apt, we start making out.
Um, are you sure you didn't stink up her bathroom, not wipe properly or have any lingering smell?

I once went out with a guy that after using the bathroom, smelled horrible. Just throwing that out there.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Um, are you sure you didn't stink up her bathroom, not wipe properly or have any lingering smell?

I once went out with a guy that after using the bathroom, smelled horrible. Just throwing that out there.
actually, come to think of it, i just did #1.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:19 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post

I'm going to assume he meant that he urinated.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:21 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
She's just not that into you.
That really is often it. It doesn't have to be something more elaborate, it doesn't mean you did anything wrong or need to change or improve. Sometimes the connection just isn't there and it isn't anyone's fault, it just IS.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
A lot of people change their mind when a situation they previously were into is actually presented to them.

Maybe she was into you, then when you left she remembered things that you did that were major turn offs that she didn't quite realize at the time. I know I've gone on dates that seemed great, but when I got home and re-analyzed the date I realized it just wasn't going to work.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:23 PM

31,031 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Sounds like everything was going fine and another date should have been a natural? But like JJ said above ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That really is often it. It doesn't have to be something more elaborate, it doesn't mean you did anything wrong or need to change or improve. Sometimes the connection just isn't there and it isn't anyone's fault, it just IS.
i suppose, but then why make out with me?

25 posts, read 31,265 times
Probably cause you took a crap in her bathroom on the first date. I never took a dump near my girlfriend till she came my wife.

oh, never mind.-just saw those posts.

Maybe cause you didn't lift the seat?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships