Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:07 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,459,938 times

Advertisements

Read on here not too long ago, that many people here would never have sex on the first date. One of the main reasons stated was risk of STD's.

What if though the person you are seeing on the first date is a friend of a friend and you know there are no health risks. In this situation I don't see the problem. If you are both feeling it and the passion is high and you use protection to reduce pregnancy chance.....why else should you hold back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 06:12 AM

5,076 posts, read 14,670,359 times
I don't think there is anything wrong with two adults wanting to have sex regardless of how long they have known each other. In my opinion though, if you have one date, have sex that same night, I'm not going to be willing to take that person seriously as a potential partner. So let's just call it what it is, a booty call.

You should always be using protection anyway no matter if it's the first date or the 10th. Until you are in a committed relationship and have worked all of those details out, you should be using protection.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:19 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,351,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Read on here not too long ago, that many people here would never have sex on the first date. One of the main reasons stated was risk of STD's.

What if though the person you are seeing on the first date is a friend of a friend and you know there are no health risks. In this situation I don't see the problem. If you are both feeling it and the passion is high and you use protection to reduce pregnancy chance.....why else should you hold back?

Because its not a classy thing to do.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:56 AM

37,778 posts, read 46,279,393 times
Quote:

Knowing the person's friends doesn't insure anything. You have no way to know what the person has been exposed to. Use a condom in all cases. Two is even better.

I'd never EVER do this today - having been through all that stuff when I was younger. (Frankly, I'd take back a few if I could!!) So I don't mean tor be the pot and call the kettle black. I slept with my ex-hubby on our first date. Just be very very careful, and discriminating. Very careful.

Did I say be careful?

Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 AM

10,182 posts, read 20,837,820 times
I don't believe in placing a certain number of dates on whether or not you'll sleep with someone. You can go on 5, 10, or 20 dates and still not know that person's sexual history. I think Andrea touched on a good point though, often if a girl gives up the goods on the first date, the guy may lose interest. Or only see her as a casual hook up partner and not long term potential. Not always but often that's how it plays out. It all depends on what two people want from the other. Sometimes the sparks just fly and you just have to have one another now. In that case, take care of business. Mature adults should be able to handle this and should know whether or not they can handle sex early on without making things complicated.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:09 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,419,107 times
Quote:

Well, for me it was always the sweet sense of anticipation and longing, fantasizing for days and days about this person...that was so pleasurable to me that I couldn't deny this to myself by having sex right away.
Besides, I needed to be head over heels CRAZY about him to be intimate with him and that would take longer than 1 or 2 dates.
But that's just me.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,871,378 times
How many first dates did this person have -- because if they have sex on the first dates, that means they aren't very accustomed to getting to know their partner and someone can have a lot of first dates in just a year. A lot of first dates turn out to be one-night stands.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 AM

187 posts, read 196,695 times
Heres my reason.........The act of sex is an expression. An all consumed expression of adoration.

The relationship after 1 or a few dates could not possibly have attained an all consumed condition of genuine regard in perception of another's state in life .

As well an equally profound
closeness reflecting the suggested affection within the act of sex is all together absent.

Therefore the act is inconsistent with the mind. The mind is a treasure in self identity and
self worth. Reducing behavior which contradicts the mind is negative in the ongoing positive
effort of emotional, extended social and psychological health.

With above we betray ourselves. Because we betray ourselves in this union of two
we also betray another through deceit in suggested adoration of another human being.

Not one but two occasions of betrayal. My conclusion is the hasty act is born out of,
insecurity, lack of self understanding and of course .......due to above deduction.....illogical.

If biology persists, or reasoning denied, "know" that you are digressing as a person.

This digression is subconsciously noted by yourself and your new partner.

Because we all inherently desire growth and goodness in are lives, the end result is a "negative"
which shadows the discovery of a new friend in regard for each other.

This gives explanation in part as to "why" the relationship in many situations struggles afterwords.

No question the immediate and obvious issue regarding loyalty if thats of interest
is basically ..."dismantled"

An easy question, with very understandable reasons to focus on the best for ourselves !

Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 AM

943 posts, read 3,340,238 times
Because believe it not there's more to (great) sex than just physical chemistry...I need to be mentally stimulated and seduced and that takes time.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:04 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,883,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Because its not a classy thing to do.

Sex and class are separate issues....i have met many a virgin with zero class and many a person who sleeps around with lots of class .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships