Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:48 PM

523 posts, read 840,553 times

Advertisements

Maybe she saw you as a one night stand, then changed her mind about doing it and doesn't think you are someone long term for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 12:59 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,674,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
TShe even asked me, "so what are you doing later tonight?" (i assumed she wanted to bone, since it was already 11pm).
I think you assumed wrong. Even if she was tempted, you messed up your chances by trying the first night. Even if she had wanted it and you turned her down, she would have respected you more and given you a chance at the second date.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:10 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
I actualy think it may have been the opposite. are there really any adult women who invite a guy up after a date and expect him not to make a move? Please dont take this the wrong way, but ive been in situations when women said no, but secretely wanted me to continue trying to advance. They told me as much later on. Sometimes women put up these fake barriers to seperate men from boys, as they truly only want a persistent type of man who can see through their playful behavior. It takes some skill and know how to be able to tell the difference, and i am not advocating being a jerk and pushing things forward without womans consent. Ive just been around the block more than a couple of times, and these were some of the easiest games to decipher.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
I must be totally old school. Why did you meet for the first time at 11 pm?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
it is, but only if there's that spark. if not, i can't even get aroused.

Neither can I. Shees I can't imagine even wanting to be that close to someone when you don't even click.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM

607 posts, read 856,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I must be totally old school. Why did you meet for the first time at 11 pm?
i was returning home from night class, and gave her a call on a whim.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 PM

378 posts, read 1,207,336 times
Maybe you didn't wash your hands after? That would do it for me, I'm a germaphobe!

Old 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I can make out with someone when there is no spark and I don't do it to get 'aroused'. Anything more than that requires more attraction and 'spark', but kissing? I consider it a fun activity to be shared between people.
I hope not. I'm okay with casual make outs myself.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:56 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,944,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
The I need to use your bathroom excuse is so lame. I'm a woman who lives alone and no matter how well the date goes I don't invite men over to my place on the first date. It's a safety issue and decent guys don't put women in that position. Especially if you met online and it was the first time you'd ever spent time together face to face. Maybe you made her uncomfortable or maybe you were a rotten kisser. That can be a deal breaker.
One of the first girls I made out with told me that I sucked at it. She didn't know that I was inexperienced, but I don't see why that would be a deal breaker when it's something that people get better at the more they do.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:58 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I actualy think it may have been the opposite. are there really any adult women who invite a guy up after a date and expect him not to make a move? Please dont take this the wrong way, but ive been in situations when women said no, but secretely wanted me to continue trying to advance. They told me as much later on. Sometimes women put up these fake barriers to seperate men from boys, as they truly only want a persistent type of man who can see through their playful behavior. It takes some skill and know how to be able to tell the difference, and i am not advocating being a jerk and pushing things forward without womans consent. Ive just been around the block more than a couple of times, and these were some of the easiest games to decipher.

Nah, they are just on a witch hunt.

But if you can decipher those games then you are a prophet.

If a woman says no, I assume they mean no. That game is just too dangerous to play, even if I "knew" that they were trying to find that "persistent" man.

I go for women who actually do not have fantasies of getting raped.

Women, If you want some from me, do not say NO!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships