Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,382,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Actually, men who suspect are usually right ~30% of the time I
What...what does this even mean?

Men are usually right 30% of the time?

So the average man is right 3 times out of ten when he suspects cheating?

Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,280,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
What...what does this even mean?

Men are usually right 30% of the time?

So the average man is right 3 times out of ten when he suspects cheating?
Yes, but the key is that he suspects or has low confidence in paternity, which is indicative of a specific kind of relationship (dysfunction, screwed up, etc). He suspects for a reason. I wouldn't call that the average guy. What percentage of men suspect in the first place? It's a low number off line to start with, so 30% of the time that low number of men are correct. This site discusses and cites paternity fraud statistics.

Misattributed paternity rates and non-paternity rates

Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,086,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Lol at the offense women take when a man requests for paternity.
Seems like they're against men having the right to know if it's his or not. If he does, they'll end the relationship or divorce over mere doubt.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I guess he should just skip around happy with doubts in his head.
In that case, a man should move on if he has doubts. That's what I did and it turned out she confirmed my doubts.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,727,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Seems like they're against men having the right to know if it's his or not. If he does, they'll end the relationship or divorce over mere doubt.
Of course they have the right to know if it's his or not!

I also have the right to leave if he can't trust me with something so life changing as a child. Like I said, I'll gladly submit to a paternity test, but I can tell you the relationship (if there is one after that) will never be the same.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:54 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,718,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I also have the right to leave if he can't trust me with something so life changing as a child. Like I said, I'll gladly submit to a paternity test, but I can tell you the relationship (if there is one after that) will never be the same.
Hello, that's the point. You're getting mad because he wants to be sure over such a life changing situation. You want the ball in your court when it comes to his life? Wow. Going into a life changing situation blind and without everything on the table. Getting offended over that is very unreasonable.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,727,800 times
Quote:
Hello, that's the point. You're getting mad because he wants to be sure over such a life changing situation. You want the ball in your court when it comes to his life? Wow. Going into a life changing situation blind and without everything on the table. Getting offended over that is very unreasonable.
I'm not mad at all, nor am I offended. I'm just stating that if he thinks I cheated (and he would be assuming I did if he demanded a paternity test) that the relationship would be irreparably damaged from my standpoint. Like I said, I'd gladly give him the paternity test but after that there would be a good chance I would be done with the relationship. If he can't trust me, why would I trust him?

Old 04-18-2013, 01:09 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,280,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
If a man gets a woman pregnant and leaves here while she is pregnant in a boyfriend girlfriend situation, what is your opinion of that man?
Same as a coward that abandons his unit on the battlefield. Gutless slime.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:

In that case, men should hold on to getting married then. That way they can find out the truth of their paternity. If they're not the father, they can move on without dealing with stress in a divorce had they got married.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:16 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,718,630 times
Quote:
I'm not mad at all, nor am I offended. I'm just stating that if he thinks I cheated (and he would be assuming I did if he demanded a paternity test) that the relationship would be irreparably damaged from my standpoint. Like I said, I'd gladly give him the paternity test but after that there would be a good chance I would be done with the relationship. If he can't trust me, why would I trust him?
Once you get put into a life changing situation you shouldn't have to rely on trust alone. It's a life changing situation for you. Your life is about change. You take command of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships