Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,474,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You need a few more lines:
Hi have you used this?
Yes, it is good for blah blah blah
What other things do you like?
blah blah blah?
me too...... so have you ever tried blah blah blah?
Actually I haven't
Well you seem fun, I'd love to try it with you. Are you free on Tuesday?
No/I have already, what about this?/Tuesday doesn't work, how about Friday?

"Well you seem fun, I'd love to try it with you"???? That seems creepy!

Whenever guys asked me about products at the grocery store, I assumed it was because they were interested in the products, not me.

Recently I had some male employee at the supermarket make the comment "It all looks good, doesn't it?" as I stared at the selection in the chip aisle. (I went with the Ruffles Ridges by the way. )He then stated "So we meet again!" as I walked down the dairy aisle. I just politely smiled and said "yep," but what I really wanted to say was "Uhhhh...I'm sure that happens quite often in your line of work." LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,235,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
If you are attractive, I imagine they work. If you're ugly, you'll get mistaken for a creep.

I guess I don't understand how it works, how do you get from asking a woman about some item in the grocery store or something to going out on a date? It doesn't have anything to do with it at all. That just seems totally random to me.

"Hi, have you used this item, is it any good?"
She answers, yada yada yada
"Thanks, so do you want to go out"

Talk about random.
Brahmabull finally gets a girl and stops being all whiny.

Now there's 10 other guys to replace him.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,150,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

Whenever guys asked me about products at the grocery store, I assumed it was because they were interested in the products, not me.

Recently I had some male employee at the supermarket make the comment "It all looks good, doesn't it?" as I stared at the selection in the chip aisle. (I went with the Ruffles Ridges by the way. )He then stated "So we meet again!" as I walked down the dairy aisle. I just politely smiled and said "yep," but what I really wanted to say was "Uhhhh...I'm sure that happens quite often in your line of work." LOL
Ok Ok I was losing steam in the convo. More like. "I'd love to try it out, do you want to join me."

Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,474,898 times
Quote:
Ok Ok I was losing steam in the convo. More like. "I'd love to try it out, do you want to join me."
Wait, you said that to him or he said that to you? I'm confused.

Either way, I still think that's weird...but that could be my social anxiety kicking in.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:

LOL! I had a grocery store guy hit on me the other day:
"I haven't seen you in a while"
"Yeah I guess I haven't been here...."
"Oh, so you didn't get a craving for our products?" Where else do you go shopping?
XYZ stores

Then a woman comes up to ask a question and I go over to another aisle. Grocery store guy suddenly turns up behind me.....and continues to pepper me with questions, leading to "is it a good idea for me to get your contact info?"

I thought that was a semi-creative, if indirect way to ask......

Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,923,578 times
Quote:
LOL! I had a grocery store guy hit on me the other day:
"I haven't seen you in a while"
"Yeah I guess I haven't been here...."
"Oh, so you didn't get a craving for our products?" Where else do you go shopping?
XYZ stores

Then a woman comes up to ask a question and I go over to another aisle. Grocery store guy suddenly turns up behind me.....and continues to pepper me with questions, leading to "is it a good idea for me to get your contact info?"

I thought that was a semi-creative, if indirect way to ask......
Sounds like he was trying too hard but at least he had the balls to stalk you for a while.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Wait, you said that to him or he said that to you? I'm confused.

Either way, I still think that's weird...but that could be my social anxiety kicking in.
Oh I am a weirdo. I have totally made friends on the bus. Gone to drinks with random people after a conversation.

I won't go into the time that we met some people we think are swingers in line for a fundraiser. They ended up hanging around the whole evening and having dinner with us after.....and became facebook friends. .... and invite us to stuff all the time......

So I wouldn't be too weirded out if someone suggested hanging out after a conversation.... I was like this even as a kid. I made a pen pal one time in Las Vegas when I was about 10 at the arcade. We hung out the whole Vegas weekend and kept in touch for a few years.....

Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,514,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Has there ever been a time where a guy was actually able to get a woman's attention with a pick up line?

What do women think of them?
Doubtful.

If think you got a woman's attention with a clever pick up line, chances are she decided you were attractive enough to at least talk to a little before you ever said a word. If you turned out to be witty and charming, so much the better. But no unattractive man ever won a woman over with a clever one-liner.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,235,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Doubtful.

If think you got a woman's attention with a clever pick up line, chances are she decided you were attractive enough to at least talk to a little before you ever said a word. If you turned out to be witty and charming, so much the better. But no unattractive man ever won a woman over with a clever one-liner.
How do you know?

Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,514,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
How do you know?
I don't know. I just find the idea that a genuinely unattractive man could win a woman over just by saying a few words implausible. I think a lot of men wish such a thing were possible, but I doubt it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships