Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Why should I support a bastard who said he wished I hadn't been born and mistreated my mother for decades? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me...
You do what is right for you in your life in regards to any relationship you have with either of your parents. No one should be "telling" you what you SHOULD do because they do NOT know you, your sperm donor or the reality of the situation of your life up to this point.

I had a sperm donor myself and if anyone ever told me how I SHOULD be with him I simply laughed in their face and told them to MYOB and basically fffoff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM

677 posts, read 1,194,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You do what is right for you in your life in regards to any relationship you have with either of your parents. No one should be "telling" you what you SHOULD do because they do NOT know you, your sperm donor or the reality of the situation of your life up to this point.

I had a sperm donor myself and if anyone ever told me how I SHOULD be with him I simply laughed in their face and told them to MYOB and basically fffoff
I know what that is. My father seems like a nice guy from the outside, always friendly to others. He was the picture of ther perfect family man. So I usually expect others not to believe when I tell them how much of a bastard he is.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:25 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,260 times
Good thread......

My parents stopped liking each other when I was very young I believe....my sister (8 yrs older) was born very early in thier marriage- I think that by the time I was born, they were already "out of love" so to speak....

The whole time growing up...when my dad was at work and my mom was home she would "vent" to me about my dad- "your g#d damn father didn't do this, that, blah, blah".....basically yelling at him "through" me......

My dad (on many, many occasions) would "vent" to me when my mom was at work and he was home..."your freaking mother is a pain in my a$$...blah, blah".....you could see the regret and frustration on his face.....

All these years later....they are still married- and hate each other more than ever.....and still "vent" about each other to me- I can't stand it.

They have no idea how bad of an example they set for me and how thier crappy marriage has affected me in life......if they did, they would just blame it on each other.

I am now 36yrs old....never married. My sister is 44 and married with 2 boys- and her marriage doesn't seem real healthy either- she is always "talking sh#t" about her husband behind his back....and of course, my mom joins in......and the cycle continues.

What a mess.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
They have no idea how bad of an example they set for me and how thier crappy marriage has affected me in life......if they did, they would just blame it on each other.

I am now 36yrs old....never married. My sister is 44 and married with 2 boys- and her marriage doesn't seem real healthy either- she is always "talking sh#t" about her husband behind his back....and of course, my mom joins in......and the cycle continues.

What a mess.
Stay as you are. We have to make a difference and stop the cycle by staying single. Congrats and good luck to you.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
Jay you genuine seem like a smart young man and I hope you see forgiveness is not denying your anger but facing it head-on and forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of your spirit. Your father should have never been a adult figure in your life he has failed on many levels but it is your turn to create your own destiny and crave your path in life. Don't let your fathers mistakes ruin one more moment of your happiness and bright future.
You can never forgive someone who married knowing they should have stayed single. But I have to thank him for showing me first hand what a big sham marriage is, no doubt.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:31 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Wow.

You love this thread, huh, JayN?

You're a young guy. Why do you think about this topic so much?

Old 06-09-2013, 03:01 PM

Got a problem with it?

Old 08-04-2013, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 947 times
My wife came home 2 months ago and said that she no longer loved me and on the following Monday filed for divorce and had me served. We have been married for 31 years and have 3 grown sons and 2 grandsons. Our marriage had its up and downs (she was extremely controlling, with sons, mother, grandchildren, myself) we both came from low income families but we managed to put all of our sons and my spouse through college and owned three houses and some mountain property that were all paid for. When she came home on 13 June she said that she no longer loved me and proceeded to move to the guest bedroom, on Monday she filed for divorce and I moved out of our family home. She never lacked for anything we traveled abroad and both have good jobs. She now lives in our big family home with her mother and I live with my son and his family until we go to final orders and the judge has the final say as to who gets what. After 31 years of marriage she decides that she no longer wants to be married and therefore changes everything and affects everyone that we have had relationships with for the past three decades lives. Why does one person's selfish behavior hurt so many people?

Old 08-04-2013, 04:36 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Hate to break this to you Cowboy, but you let it. You said she was controlling, but you let her control you. You subjected yourself voluntarily to her will. My guess is that you gave into her to keep peace in the family. It doesn't sound like she has loved you for a long time, so be at peace, give her the divorce, take your half and be glad you're done with her. Just do yourself a favor, from now on, make compromises between you two mutual, not just you giving in to her will. Maybe you should look on the bright side, now you're free to find someone who might actually care about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships