Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 01:12 PM

601 posts, read 759,434 times

Advertisements

SEEKING MALE RESPONSES ONLY.Be objective in answering these questions if you would be so kind to share: Do not probe conflict among users if you particularly feel different to their views. Your thoughts have been accepted and appreciated

Through time, we've seen several topics rise regarding gender roles in the dating phase( hooker vs one night stand, who should pay etc)
This has inevitably stirred a lot of mixed feelings between male and female users in the forum. So far as women making ridiculous statements regarding the forum's male population not being of quality par to the men they feel entitled to.

Where does this animosity, sense of entitlement, and even resentment come from?

Are we as guys really responsible for enabling this type of ego when most women agree that men should pay for every date , particularly the first?? (eventhough some guys find it easier to accept this as true despite their TRUE feelings)

Where is the rationale behind the people, particularly women, who rave successful marriages and relationships are about each partner being equal to one another yet they turn around and state they refuse to date a man who doesnt ask the girl out, doesnt pay for dates, doesnt ask the girl to get married in one knee, doesnt make her laugh etc etc

At 29, i really question where all these demands come from. Of course, we would trim some of those rules tailored to specific girls, but that seems to be the general notion. Why do women really entitled to so much or as if they have the upper hand?

I truly resent this and find myself having a negative outlook of dating all together. Particularly when ive engaged single frustrated women whom feel they cant find "the right guy" Their narcissistic views dont set them free of that chain

Old 10-14-2012, 01:16 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times
You know saying "male responses only" just makes all us CD girls WANT to stop in and say "HI!"

Gotta go polish my tiara now...

Old 10-14-2012, 01:19 PM

601 posts, read 759,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You know saying "male responses only" just makes all us CD girls WANT to stop in and say "HI!"

=) ::hugs:: I dont mind.. engage if youd like

I just meant i was looking for male responses..grounded men atleast

38,707 posts, read 103,273,750 times
I can tell already this is gonna be a truly productive thread.

16,224 posts, read 25,686,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

(Big wave)

Old 10-14-2012, 01:21 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,299,053 times
I'm inclined to allow a civil discussion of your perceptions here, if you can manage it.

You know I'm female, but I can answer this question.

Their parents and the media.

Note that I'm assuming you're not referring to all women.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,651,067 times
I've noticed most of the women here have said they are more than happy to pay their own way when dating... so I'm not sure where this 'princess' mentality comes from. If you choose to date women who demand to be pampered, that's on you.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 PM

61,861 posts, read 87,339,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I can tell already this is gonna be a truly productive thread.
Reading only one sided opinions just can't be objective...

Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,623,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
SEEKING MALE RESPONSES ONLY.Be objective in answering these questions if you would be so kind to share: Do not probe conflict among users if you particularly feel different to their views. Your thoughts have been accepted and appreciated

At 29, i really question where all these demands come from. Of course, we would trim some of those rules tailored to specific girls, but that seems to be the general notion. Why do women really entitled to so much or as if they have the upper hand?
I only have one explanation. "Thirsty men". Let me define thirsty men for you.

A thirsty man is a man that has such low self-esteem and is so desperate and lame that he will wine and dine and "pump" a females head up so much just to get attention and/or sex from her. These type of men will tell a female EVERYTHING that she wants to hear just to get her to like him and consider sleeping with him.

There are many men out here like this that are spoiling things for all of us good guys. That is the MAIN reason why many of these ladies have the mentality that their "**** don't stink".

The REALITY IS that if more men would grow a set and quit CHASING after every female that has a nice body then things would change in the dating world. But many of them will continue to blow money on drinks, spend hundreds/thousands of $$$$ on selfish women, and continue to pump their heads up for attention.

I and many men I know are not "pressed" for sex or attention from ANY WOMAN. We have options and will not settle for dealing with a female who has a stuckup attitude as many of these ladies have now days.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,596,682 times
princess logic doesn't come from anywhere. While we can say a rich surburban girl who was spoiled may be more inclined to be a princess, there are also women who grew up in poverty with similar sense of entitlement. I think the princess complex come from the same place as males "perfect man" complex. The perfect male believes this male exist...

-Never get's rejected by women
-Always have enough 'game' to make anyone woman likes him
-Get's laid 100% of the time everytime he makes an effort
-Majority of the women want to sleep with him
-Only pulls the hottest women

Of course many guys when they are younger think they can be the guy above. We learn that women are different, and the likelihood of such a guy existing probably begins to fade a ton. But this doesn't mean guys start out in the dating world with this mindset.

Every woman has the princess complex growing up. Just like the 'perfect' man's bubble get's bursted, so does the princess complex as well. Some women hold on to it longer than normal, and some can't get over it. A lot of women turn to prostitution or stripping when they have a huge princess complex, because they don't think they should work regular jobs, but then realize people aren't going to hand them money. Generally women who avoid reality generally have the princess complex, similar to guys who have the macho male complex. I guess there is no hope for those who refuse to live in reality though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships