Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times

Advertisements

Any girl who believes she is a "princess" was taught that by her parent, probably her father.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:28 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
Gals making ridiculous statements regarding the forum's male population is no different than guys making statements regarding the world's or a country's female population. Plenty of threads/posts about how gals particularly American gals aren't up to par. It's not a gender thing exclusive to gals rather it is a people thing to blame rather than do negative self-reflections.

Likely the princess logic comes from the same place as the prince logic and men's animosity, sense of entitlement, and resentment. That place being feeling owed and deserving of what you want based on existing or your own defined criteria.

More likely guys, gals, and society are responsible for enable gals ego no different than the enabling of guys ego.

The rationale behind of gals raving about equal partnership while saying they refuse to date a guy who doesn't pay for the dates is the same rational behind guys raving about equality when it comes to paying for dinners/dates while touting the **** double standard and how guys wear the pants/lead the household. That rationale being double standards, hypocrisy, and changing views when it suits.

In my opinion most gals agreeing that guys should pay for every date is no different than guys feeling owed sex because they paid or feeling sex is a duty owed to them that can't be denied without a good reason (implying consent/desire isn't a good reason).

Bit curious as to when you hear single frustrated men feel they can't find the 'right gal' do you think their narcissist views don't set them free of that chain or do you think it's understandable with gals being the princesses they are.

Last edited by udolipixie; 10-14-2012 at 02:24 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 01:31 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Any girl who believes she is a "princess" was taught that by her parent, probably her father.
^^^ sure, but girls with brains KNOW the difference between fairy tale and real life...

Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
I've only seen a few women here who think they are entitled. I think you're making a mountain out of it because you'd prefer to blame women for your difficulties rather than "fix" yourself.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:43 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Spinx...you must be a female.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:43 PM

601 posts, read 759,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ sure, but girls with brains KNOW the difference between fairy tale and real life...
I like that..interesting enough , ive only found this with one person. shes 13 yrs older than I =p
Thanks everyone for sharing

Old 10-14-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I've only seen a few women here who think they are entitled. I think you're making a mountain out of it because you'd prefer to blame women for your difficulties rather than "fix" yourself.
If by fix you mean agreeing and adhering to every woman's demands, I rather not.

Found this on another thread.. it makes so much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Thiis thread just goes to show the hypocracy of many women in society still today. They want equal rights, when it is a benefit to them. But when it isn't, then they want the priviledges of the old system. That is, man asks, man pays, man is taller, man makes more money, man works so she can can have the choice of staying home working, man is romantic and pursues, man gets on bended knee and asks, and spends his life trying to make her happy, and if he doesn't do all this, he's not a real man.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
princess logic doesn't come from anywhere. While we can say a rich surburban girl who was spoiled may be more inclined to be a princess, there are also women who grew up in poverty with similar sense of entitlement. I think the princess complex come from the same place as males "perfect man" complex. The perfect male believes this male exist...

-Never get's rejected by women
-Always have enough 'game' to make anyone woman likes him
-Get's laid 100% of the time everytime he makes an effort
-Majority of the women want to sleep with him
-Only pulls the hottest women

Of course many guys when they are younger think they can be the guy above. We learn that women are different, and the likelihood of such a guy existing probably begins to fade a ton. But this doesn't mean guys start out in the dating world with this mindset.

Every woman has the princess complex growing up. Just like the 'perfect' man's bubble get's bursted, so does the princess complex as well. Some women hold on to it longer than normal, and some can't get over it. A lot of women turn to prostitution or stripping when they have a huge princess complex, because they don't think they should work regular jobs, but then realize people aren't going to hand them money. Generally women who avoid reality generally have the princess complex, similar to guys who have the macho male complex. I guess there is no hope for those who refuse to live in reality though

Youre right. I really think its ultimately the male's population call in which direction this continues to go. Bottom line, we make the decision to behave this way. its not like anyone has a gun to our head

Old 10-14-2012, 02:25 PM

15 posts, read 14,506 times
I think its selfish if a man doesn't want to pay for the first date. Even more selfish to get upset about it.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie ribbons View Post
I think its selfish if a man doesn't want to pay for the first date. Even more selfish to get upset about it.
its more of a common ground than difference. Because now you understand how we feel. You may not agree with it, but you definately understand. Furthermore, ive learned (regardless of gender) anyone who agree to this role often becomes resentful of it...theres just a certain inbalance with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.