Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,489,435 times

Advertisements

Part of the princess complex starts with their relationship with Daddy growing up. Daddy's girl was spoiled so now she expects you to extend the same.

I see it with my neice as hard as I try not. We don't have kids, don't see them but maybe once a year and when I see my niece, the oldest of three as hard as try I do favor her. We just have a connection that I don't share with my other two nieces. Heck when my favored niece is around I spend my time with her playing drums or reading Nemo over hanging with my brother. It reminds me of a happier time when life was simple. I try to give to her what my dysfunctional parents did little of with me, spend quality time with her.

Now being objective like I am, I am part of the problem I guess in that I spoil my niece like her parents do and she is probably going to grow up with a princess mentality, but hey I am going to be selfish and enjoy my Nemo book reading with her.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:39 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
I'm assuming Disney movies?

Old 10-14-2012, 03:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Yes, I'm looking at things from a male perspective. Hence the reason I stated from start i was looking for a male thought process. But you insisted anyway =p see what you got yourself into

IMO, you wanted 'male perspectives' so you could bash women about their 'demands.'

Anyways, let me put something else out there about this princess type:

Women are mostly disposable, replaceable where men are concerned. As that other poster pointed out they probably like the looks of the princess type but don't want her to have any kind of standards or demands. They just want to use her as a beautiful, brainless receptacle without being held to any obligations by her. Again, typical.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Seems you forgot:
- there are laws imprisoning physical assaulters
- guys tend to pay spousal support as they earn more as well as the patriarchal gender role of male as provider
- gals tend to receive child custody likely due to the patriarchal gender role of female as caregiver...there was a study somewhere showing how I think it was 30% of guys sek child custody
- even though many guys feel we're equals and deserve equal pay/opportunity they expect a gal to contribute equally while being treating like an inferior or being the lead because he has a d*ck

Considering that most households are two-income and gals do the majority of the household/childcare duties seems mens expectations tend to be fulfilled more.

so so true. couldn't rep you again.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:41 PM

601 posts, read 759,156 times
I agree. it comes down to decision. We, ultimately, make the choice.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:43 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,489,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'm assuming Disney movies?
If you are referring to me then yes I like watching kids programs in general with her, Sprout is good too.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:44 PM

601 posts, read 759,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
IMO, you wanted 'male perspectives' so you could bash women about their 'demands.'
not really, i initially probed men if we ourselves are responsible for this behavior.
Furthermore, in my amendment, i said i didnt mind women participated, but the objective would remain around a male psychology. When in fact, some women have provided some excellent insight

Old 10-14-2012, 03:45 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,621,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
so so true. couldn't rep you again.

I think A LOT of women would be in a much better situation if they actually listened to what men had to say instead of debating and disagreeing.

The females in the worst possible relationships tend to be the ones that are getting their advice from other bitter women who are in the same or an even worse position.

Pretty funny to me. Too many POINTING THE FINGER and very few LOOKING WITHIN.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Princess syndrome is the result of:
a) monied family
b) Daddy put her on a pedestal
c) much stronger positive reinforcement about her appearance vis a vis girls in her peer group
d) social venues such as beauty contests, sororities, and "holier than thou" church social groups
e) some combination of the above

Some counterbalancing of these elements can derail Princess syndrome. I knew a girl from Westchester County NY whose Dad was some CEO mucky-muck who doesn't have it because she doesn't have the appearance that it would entail.
They aren't actual princesses, you know. As someone has already said on here, anyone at any income level can have a "princess mentality."

It just means you have such a sense of entitlement that you view the world, and those in it, in terms of "What have you done for me lately?"

They don't give much consideration to what they can offer the world.

Also, I see far more MOMS creating princesses than dads. Living vicariously...

Old 10-14-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I think A LOT of women would be in a much better situation if they actually listened to what men had to say instead of debating and disagreeing.

The females in the worst possible relationships tend to be the ones that are getting their advice from other bitter women who are in the same or an even worse position.

Pretty funny to me. Too many POINTING THE FINGER and very few LOOKING WITHIN.

I could say the same about men. They are too busy talking about 'women only wanting money or (degrees) or whatever' without realizing how simple it really is. Most women want a man with a good job, a car, treats her right, his own place and doesn't cheat/lie. I don't see what's so difficult about that for a grown man, if a grown woman can get there....Yet most women will never get any of those things out of a man let alone all of them.

Personally, I am done 'listening' to men talk about what they are about. I seen with my own two eyes on more then on occasion and that's enough for me. They talk a good game though.

And for that last bit, men do the same exact thing, it's all these women's faults and never their own doing. They see themselves as 'perfect the way they are' and the women with all the flaws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.