Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:36 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times

Advertisements

Sex is cheap: Why young men have the upper hand in bed, even when they're failing in life. - Slate Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 01:37 AM

56 posts, read 121,801 times
Holy crap...if the majority of men believe what has been said on this thread, I'm going to die alone. -_- lol. Apparently they've given up on finding good ones and just date whoever will put out the quickest. But they want a casual relationship with a girl to "get to know her", but they want to sleep with her quickly, but have her not sleep with other guys she's casually dating with quickly. Kinda hypocritical.

Can I go back to being in 3rd grade? When boys and girls wanted nothing to do with each other? This sucks. lol.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:52 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsettenurb View Post
Holy crap...if the majority of men believe what has been said on this thread, I'm going to die alone. -_- lol. Apparently they've given up on finding good ones and just date whoever will put out the quickest. But they want a casual relationship with a girl to "get to know her", but they want to sleep with her quickly, but have her not sleep with other guys she's casually dating with quickly. Kinda hypocritical.

Can I go back to being in 3rd grade? When boys and girls wanted nothing to do with each other? This sucks. lol.
If you're interpreting what I said in this thread, then you've misunderstood what I was saying.

A guy CANNOT keep a girl around without having sex with her (well, I'm sure there are exceptions, but this is the general rule). I, personally, would prefer a relationship over casual sex (I've had enough of it), but if I don't have sex with the girl asap, she'll be having sex with somebody else. She'll lose attraction for me.

How do I know? Because it's happened to me enough times (one time, in particular, that really stung and I'll never forget it).

Basically, in my experience:
have sex = girl becomes attached and sticks around
don't have sex = girl ditches and moves on to someone that will have sex with her

And that's been pretty much 100% (save for a few exceptions here and there).

Some other poster on here said that "it's the girls I'm dating and that I'm really the piece of trash." Well, I've dated girls in their 20's and 30's. I've met these girls through friends, at school, at various places throughout my day (7/11, the mall), and at bars and clubs. I've dated pretty girls and not so pretty girls. I've dated other races and other cultures. All the same.

So, these days, I've given up on meeting any kind of classy girl. I just have sex and have fun. I used to get hurt a lot, but now I don't anymore. I don't take any girl or any situation seriously.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:23 AM

Wow, well I clearly am REALLY naive because I've never even heard of that happening. Every girl I know thinks that they have to put out for a guy to stick around. Never the opposite. Maybe I'm just showing my age here, but damn. I'll tell you that there are still girls that want to have an actual relationship with a guy before having sex with him. They're just more rare than I thought, apparently. Good luck, CaptainJack.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:28 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsettenurb View Post
Wow, well I clearly am REALLY naive because I've never even heard of that happening. Every girl I know thinks that they have to put out for a guy to stick around. Never the opposite. Maybe I'm just showing my age here, but damn. I'll tell you that there are still girls that want to have an actual relationship with a guy before having sex with him. They're just more rare than I thought, apparently. Good luck, CaptainJack.
How old are you?

Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
pretty hard to have a concept of what a relationship entails when the half the kids today grow up with a single parent or a product of a broken marriage/relationship, no?
most young males i see around here look a the opposite sex as vessels that have nothing else to offer but sexual favors and status among their peers. there is nothing co-operative about it. "its me, me, me, me what can you give me!!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It takes a while for some people to realize that sex without an emotional connection is not good.
yes and being treated and respected like a person deserving of something special. its an offshoot of males acting like they have to treat females particular ways to get places with them.it is teaching young females that this is what guys need to be in a happy relationship.

its all one big cluster-f, the blind leading the blind.

ask any 20ish year old male on the street what a date is and the average guy will say "dinner and a movie" without even thinking about what a date ACTUALLY is. gone are they days where you took the time to get to know someone and form a bond THEN consider becoming a couple, in are the days where its all about peacocking what you believe to be your best attributes until someone gives you what you where looking for.

Last edited by rego00123; 09-27-2012 at 03:05 AM..

Old 09-27-2012, 02:35 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
This is probably why I've been single for over 3 years and sexless for just about a year now. I guess it's nearing hopeless to find a guy actually interested in me instead of just wanting to bang me. Lovely.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
How old are you?
I'm 18. That explains it, right? :P lol

Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is probably why I've been single for over 3 years and sexless for just about a year now. I guess it's nearing hopeless to find a guy actually interested in me instead of just wanting to bang me. Lovely.
Egh in my opinion a guy wanting to bang you is actually interested in you as it seems men interest in women is strictly d*ckly or ego placation.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Egh in my opinion a guy wanting to bang you is actually interested in you as it seems men interest in women is strictly d*ckly or ego placation.
Not from my experience. I've dealt with far too many men that say they like me and then disappear once they get a few sex sessions out of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships