Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:43 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Goes both ways attractive people in general are treated better..My good looking friend has women swarming all over him who laugh at all his dumb jokes plus hes not all that nice a guy kind of arrogant but hes good looking so he gets away with it

yes I agree with this, like brad said good looking people get a pass from most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 01:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Honestly this is one reason I avoid ugly men. Not only are they repulsive but are mean to boot. Who wants to date an ugly guy who is also mean?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Honestly this is one reason I avoid ugly men. Not only are they repulsive but are mean to boot. Who wants to date an ugly guy who is also mean?
Im ugly and nice..so youre saying thees a chance

Old 09-26-2012, 01:55 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Only if we were Ugly Ducklings as kids and therefore learned to play up our intelligence, talents, or sense of humor.

And even then, that does not guarantee we will be all that patient with those who choose to lament their dearth of romantic partners and, rather than do what we did by way of turning to their inner strengths, instead sit and wallow in their own self-inflicted misery out of sheer laziness.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:15 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
But good-looking guys can be snobby, arrogant jerks. It all depends on the person. There's infinite variety in the human species, psychological as well as physical. Generalizations don't work.

To the OP: I don't know why you had such bad luck with the more average girls. Maybe Rabbit's on to something; maybe it was something about your approach or your own manner, idk. I commend you on giving it a try, but it sounds like something went wrong.

I'm starting to think that we need a separate forum for Broad Sweeping Generalizations About the Opposite Sex. Beautiful women are nice. Plain women are mean. Yeah, right. *sigh* Another day on C-D.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:

Old 09-26-2012, 02:21 PM

864 posts, read 1,455,381 times
A person's personality isn't determined by their outward appearance. Some of the meanest, rudest people I've come across were what I would consider average looking. Consequently, I know people who are absolutely stunning (both men and women) who are some of the nicest people around. It's all in how you were brought up...not what you look like. At least that's MHO.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:21 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,752 times
Quote:
I'm not really a fan of uber good-looking men. Too many women fawn over them and they have commitment issues.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:26 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I agree with this!

Surprisingly, a lot of pretty women aren't approached because men are simply intimidated by them so when they actually are approached they are nicer about it.
Actually I've seen many beautiful girls who have this nasty "don't mess with me" look and body language but the minute you talk to them they're all niceness and smiles. Strange breed, women...

Old 09-26-2012, 02:30 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,734 times
Could also be that pretty women have dealt with a greater number of guys that took rejection personally and responded in an uncomforting/confrontational manner, so the pretty ones are nice/gracious in order to avoid such situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I agree with this!

Surprisingly, a lot of pretty women aren't approached because men are simply intimidated by them so when they actually are approached they are nicer about it.

Probably weeding out the wimps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Actually I've seen many beautiful girls who have this nasty "don't mess with me" look and body language but the minute you talk to them they're all niceness and smiles. Strange breed, women...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships