Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:15 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,223,520 times

Advertisements

Men don't like "meangirls" they like hot girls. Doesn't matter if she's mean, nice etc..

If you're an attractive woman, you will NEVER be turned Down because of being too "nice"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 07:15 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,325,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I find this completely believable. Many guys out there just like a challenge and see this sort of behavior as just that. It is classic "alpha male" mentality. JJ
Alpha males? The guys she describes are anything but alpha males-more like pathetic omega males that ain't got no game.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:26 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,469,519 times
I knew this one guy, he had the "White Knight Syndrome"...he only wanted messed up women. I dated him briefly after my divorce, I was his perfect "type"...after I got it back together, he dumped me for a woman who got a DUI, went to work drunk, got fired, was going thru a divorce, and had her kids taken away by CPS...she completely used him...insisted he take her on expensive vacations, moved in with him, it was crazy. He only wanted women who were completely down and out...I think it was a low self esteem thing.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:41 AM

12,335 posts, read 17,202,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So, I mentioned in a few threads that this weekend I was going to try to be a 'mean girl' and just see what happened. So, I put on my big girl jeans (as well as a TON of makeup...yick) and went out on the town.

I got 6 phone numbers. SIX FREAKING PHONE NUMBERS. I actually got in an argument with some guy, poured a gin and tonic on him and he asked me out. He also bought me another gin and tonic.

I tripped someone and laughed at him, he gave me a hug and asked if I wanted to hang out sometime.

I told some guy his car sounded lame and that maybe he should be hitting on men instead of women (it hurt me to say this, to be honest ) and rolled my eyes. No smile, dead serious. He laughed and asked if I wanted to go for a drive sometime.

I TOLD 3 guys to buy me drinks. One said no, the others did with no hesitation. I didn't even say thank you, got my drink and walked away. One of them followed me around asking me out until I left.

A few other things happened, but those were the biggies.

Maybe I should just start acting mean to get dates. I had one of them write his number on a cocktail napkin, I looked at it, said I changed my mind and tore it up. He proceeded to try and give me his business card.

Wow. I'm just stunned. It took a lot out of me to act this way (I'm never mean unless provoked) so I don't plan on doing it again, but it still shocked me.

But hey, at least I can't say I've never been hit on anymore
Well, It worked with these guys, But IMO If you tripped me or asked boldly for me to buy you drinks in this manner, Or had an attitude, I would have told you to take a hike! I understand this was a social experiment and not the real you. Just an alt view here.

I am nice, But have enough confidence not to be played, Esp from a stranger.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:52 AM

810 posts, read 1,583,829 times
i think the problem is you not them

They probably thought you were flirting, breaking the ice. You were probably more relaxed than in prior situations. I would call one of those guys if you are interested but be yourself this time.

I suggest you don't repeat the experiment. You got lucky Some guys have anger issues and this could have ended very badly.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:52 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,675,413 times
Quote:
I got 6 phone numbers. SIX FREAKING PHONE NUMBERS. I actually got in an argument with some guy, poured a gin and tonic on him and he asked me out. He also bought me another gin and tonic.

I tripped someone and laughed at him, he gave me a hug and asked if I wanted to hang out sometime.

Maybe I should just start acting mean to get dates. I had one of them write his number on a cocktail napkin, I looked at it, said I changed my mind and tore it up. He proceeded to try and give me his business card.
LOL, that's hilarious. Sounds like the mean girl thing works great for you.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:13 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,728,902 times
Proof that our society is in collapse.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,642,583 times
Quote:
So, I mentioned in a few threads that this weekend I was going to try to be a 'mean girl' and just see what happened. So, I put on my big girl jeans (as well as a TON of makeup...yick) and went out on the town.

I told some guy his car sounded lame and that maybe he should be hitting on men instead of women (it hurt me to say this, to be honest ) and rolled my eyes. No smile, dead serious. He laughed and asked if I wanted to go for a drive sometime.

I TOLD 3 guys to buy me drinks. One said no, the others did with no hesitation. I didn't even say thank you, got my drink and walked away. One of them followed me around asking me out until I left.

A few other things happened, but those were the biggies.

Wow. I'm just stunned. It took a lot out of me to act this way (I'm never mean unless provoked) so I don't plan on doing it again, but it still shocked me.

But hey, at least I can't say I've never been hit on anymore
well if you are as tall as your profile says and you look like you mean business then I can see a lot of guys not approaching you. But then again I love the pictur and the tatoo.yes a lot of guys finds mean girls interesting but in the long run they get tired of the hassle.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,709,840 times
I don't think you can conclude men like mean girls from this experiment. You put on a lot of makeup and went out of your way to interact with as many men as possible in a bar, and used a "mean" attitude as a way to talk to them.
I challenge you to do the exact same thing next weekend: same make up, same outfit, and interact with as many men as possible. But instead of being mean, be nice to them. Report back with the results.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:25 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,497,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ongletnyc View Post
i don't think you can conclude men like mean girls from this experiment. You put on a lot of makeup and went out of your way to interact with as many men as possible in a bar, and used a "mean" attitude as a way to talk to them.
I challenge you to do the exact same thing next weekend: Same make up, same outfit, and interact with as many men as possible. But instead of being mean, be nice to them. Report back with the results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships