Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 01:54 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting. I had a friend, she was a complete user, psychotic, and major bad news. I had been friends with her since grade school, and so, I knew her pretty well. She cheated on men, used them for cash, was completely mean to men...and...had men completely falling over themselves to date her...she would not even have sex with them...it was amazing to me.

Men want mean girls. Qualify that...men who have issues, want mean girls. Men who are well adjusted, and normal, seek other well adjusted, normal women. So...throw away those phone numbers, that is for sure...you don't want those guys, they are messed up.
Thank you for at least adding the disclaimer above... I don't know about this thing where guys like these shyty women.... I have never got it, never will.... as I've posted til I've gotten carpal f ing tunnel syndrome.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 01:59 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thank you for at least adding the disclaimer above... I don't know about this thing where guys like these shyty women.... I have never got it, never will.... as I've posted til I've gotten carpal f ing tunnel syndrome.......
I have no idea either...and just to add to the fun, I told them I was unemployed (which I am, coincidentally), dropped out of high school and live in my friends garage.

I'm hoping they just thought I would be an easy lay, and that they weren't actually interested in me. I did cover my tattoos though, I didn't want to be too recognizable

Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Eh. Nothing new here. Be a douche, get attention.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The guy I purposely spilled the Gin and Tonic on was a student getting a masters in Mechanical Engineering at the local University. I have a degree in AE so I quizzed him and it seemed legit. This guy was smart AND good looking.

The rest of the guys were solidly above average in looks and personality except for one who may have been an ex convict.

See above...these weren't low class men, except for one.

Apparently, I'm not 'mean' enough.

I don't plan on calling any of the guys, nor do I plan on doing this again. It was just an interesting experiment, that's all
Well good. I think you deserve better then the kind of guys that would be attracted to you for your meanness and not your true self.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
What was the purpose in doing this?

I'm normally on your team, J, but I just don't get it. Too reminiscent of some guys here who say they need to treat women like crap to get their attention. Not cool.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:49 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

I'm normally on your team, J, but I just don't get it. Too reminiscent of some guys here who say they need to treat women like crap to get their attention. Not cool.
Well, I'm not getting any men's attention as a 'nice, relatively stable' woman, but my crazy drama-filled friends are always in relationships. I tried acting like they do, just out of curiosity and it worked. I've never had more male attention in my life... But I don't plan on doing it again, I don't like being mean

Old 07-08-2012, 02:54 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

I was kinda thinking the same thing... JJ is a good one... why is she doing this... LOL......

Old 07-08-2012, 02:57 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Well at least you know it's not just your height...maybe a lot of it was your attitude, you were too nice! I suppose we always attribute what we think are the most obvious reasons while we overlook other possible reasons for our lack of success.

I think they might've thought you were flirting with them. Kind of like how back in school if a girl likes a boy she might act mean towards him to get his attention? That could've been it, rather than men liking 'mean girls.' I HAVE found, however, some men tend to put up with a lot of crap from HOT girls, and many hot girls have that attitude. Some women do too, but they tend not to get blinded by their 'other brain' as much as men. There are men who will let women step all over them just to get the candy.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:14 AM

956 posts, read 1,768,067 times
JJ did the right thing. Unfortunately, this experiment - while not that scientifically large (Braunwyn , where are u ?)- proved that at least a section of men do like mean gals.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:26 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
JJ did the right thing. Unfortunately, this experiment - while not that scientifically large (Braunwyn , where are u ?)- proved that at least a section of men do like mean gals.
No it didn't prove it, like I said some men might think JJ was playing around with them or even joking, and wasn't really that mean underneath. I think few people truly like people who treat them like dirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships