Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 07:10 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I'm getting such a kick out of this experience. I think it's very funny. I smell book deal...
I smell book deal all over JJ. I like the angle where she tells all about what the guys at work say about women behind closed doors. The real inside scoop. I guess that could be one chapter. The Mean Girl experiment could be another chapter. This is such a hot topic, plus it's humorous, so it'll have people rolling on the floor. And she's a good storyteller, a good writer.

See, J? We already have the beginnigs of an outline for the book. The book is writing itself. It'll be a smash hit.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-08-2012 at 07:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 07:13 PM

But can JJ really walk the line between bitchy and nice? I couldn't. I wouldn't want to. I think these are some lame guys she came across. I bet the kind of guy she'd be interested in would appreciate nice women. I refuse to buy into this ridiculous scenario and its implications.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,803,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But can JJ really walk the line between bitchy and nice? I couldn't. I wouldn't want to. I think these are some lame guys she came across. I bet the kind of guy she'd be interested in would appreciate nice women. I refuse to buy into this ridiculous scenario and its implications.
Yeah, but Jet lives in a hotspot for lame men who can't handle a tall lady. She'll have to move to a new town to get a proper sampling.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:20 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,028,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
How does that anecdote indicate you're not a loser? Acting like an A-hole to other A-holes doesn't exactly scream "winner".
He's the only one who think he's cool. Don't worry lol

Old 07-08-2012, 07:23 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,031,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
He's the only one who think he's cool. Don't worry lol
I wonder about him.....

Personality like that belongs to a teenager.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:25 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,028,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, like I said, I looked very similar to her in body type (I have a larger chest) when I was around 215. I judged cattle in FFA (second place state team for livestock judging many years ago ) and I don't necessarily think there's a comparison between the two. People always thought I was around 160 or so, but at 160 my ribs protrude.

I believe her weight because I've been there personally.

This woman is 260

Browse Photos - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like

Actually, she's 258, but who's counting?

Note, however, the difference in musculature. That woman is less muscular BUT her fat is more "marbled", denser, veinous and solid. She's wearing a black shirt to minimize, but she exhibits upper-body adiposity especially around the lower abdomen and coming off the gluteal area. There are humps and "hard-rolls" rather than the softer rolls, despite her comparative lack of musculature when put side-by-side with the other woman.

And I know what it's like, that inability to compare and/or be guessed. When we were going through Basic Training my TI was weighing us all in and making a game of it. He'd done it for so many years that he was good, and his guesses were never more than two pounds off of the scale weight.

When I got up there he stared at me for several seconds, clearly knowing something was off but unable to figure out what. Finally he asked, "What do you weigh?"

"Sir, 150 sir!"

He stared for a couple more seconds before laughing and saying "Sheeee-yit, you don't weigh no 150 -- maybe 1-TWENTY if you were soaking wet! Get up there!"

I got on the scale and came to 150 even.

Then again I was a farm boy, and raised on a farm which was torturous, working in a way that made other farm boys want to avoid our home, refusing to spend the night when I was a kid because my daily chores drove them away. I was SOLID.

Nevertheless, as I said -- guessing cattle was my first introduction to relative size and density, refined later by bodybuilding.

The fact that you were in FFA just makes you hotter, but you'll never believe it coming from me, not unless I buy you a drink after you yell at me (which would NOT make me buy you a drink).

Old 07-08-2012, 07:26 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,960,162 times
JJ: Was this a new place that you had gone out to that night?

Old 07-08-2012, 07:27 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,320,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ruth4Truth was mentioning that I should write a book about all my messed up experiences with people in general

I might have to after I get closer to retirement. I don't want to jeopardize my career
Hmm, that's got me thinking , maybe I should write a book on my P & D* experiments. It won't be that challenging considering they had spanned a few years.

On a more serious note, this thread is bordering on attention ****ing big time. How can you expect to get what you want when you're guilty of the same faults that you criticize "nice guys" over. You want to get some attention from men at all times? hit the gym, take up running and start eating healthy. It's good that you have a nice and pleasant demeanor but that doesn't get you a free pass. There's nothing wrong in playing video games etc. but if you're dressed like someone's kid sister best believe that's how you'll get treated. The whole height thing is an excuse, I know plenty of women in your height range in different careers who do fine in this regard (all in nyc, hint-hint location prevails). Nice guys are known for playing victim and whining about easy things they can change, this case is no different.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:27 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,064,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, but keep in mind, the "experimental" version of JJ was a lame girl. That was the whole point of the experiment. Of course the kind of guys that she attracted that night were going to be lame.

Here is a question for JJ, how did you target the guys that you did? How did you select who you would demand buy you a drink, or to whom you say something mean, etc... Did you overhear things they said prior to being mean to them? Or was it completely random how you targeted them?

Old 07-08-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
The fact that you were in FFA just makes you hotter, but you'll never believe it coming from me, not unless I buy you a drink
Cute. You two would be cute together. Do you live in N California, where she's moving to, by any chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships