Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 01:25 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,895,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Men LOVE b-tches. Absolutely love them. I think they equate b-tches with great sex. Just a guess.
^^^A lot of truth here^^^

+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 01:40 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I love social experiments.
Someone mentioned you should do another experiemnt next week. Be assertive and approach men, but be nicer.
I would be quite interested in hearing how that goes.
The OP is very cool. Stick around and get to know her.

I'm starting to think one of the key elements in the experiment was the hair and make-up. So if she repeats the experiment, but with a nicer tone, she should do the hair and make-up again, for an accurate comparison.

Poor JJ. The sacrifices she makes for her fans! She should get paid for this. It takes a lot of effort. Maybe she should sell online subscriptions to a blog. She's definitely got it going on!

Old 07-09-2012, 02:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,708,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
No one is going to be attracted to a Mean Ugly woman. I don't think the men were attracted to the "Mean" at all. Your acting out may have made you appear more dynamic and engaging. You were probaly not coming off as mean as your thought you were. I would have loved to Critiqued your performance. Maybe you can get an honest male friend to do that for you?

Perhaps the results you were getting had more to do with what you were wearing and how you did your make up and hair that day?
I did have two people go with me, a male friend and a female friend. Both of them were absolutely shocked at the way I was acting. Apparently I should be an actor

I didn't wear anything too out of the ordinary (blue jeans, flats, a high cut long sleeve shirt) but I did have someone else do my hair and makeup. It took FOREVER and I looked like a completely different person. It was kind of weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
This explains your "success" that night. We men tolerate a lot to get sex. You're very attractive and from your OP you said you prettied yourself up even more that night. If you were overweight and unattractive, then you would never gotten the positive attention you received by acting they way you did. The guys didn't necessarily want to date you, they were just willing to tolerate your behavior for as long as needed so they could copulate with you.
I am overweight (just by 7 lbs, but overweight nonetheless) and I've been described as everything from a 'fat cow' to 'meh, ok' but I've rarely had people IRL tell me I was pretty or attractive. It's just not my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The OP is very cool. Stick around and get to know her.

I'm starting to think one of the key elements in the experiment was the hair and make-up. So if she repeats the experiment, but with a nicer tone, she should do the hair and make-up again, for an accurate comparison.

Poor JJ. The sacrifices she makes for her fans! She should get paid for this. It takes a lot of effort. Maybe she should sell online subscriptions to a blog. She's definitely got it going on!

Awwww, shucks You're too sweet!

But yes, I agree... the hair and makeup made a difference. I may have to go out and try that, but I'd feel back because I rarely wear makeup and I wouldn't want to 'rope' in a man under such false pretenses. I don't want a guy who only wants me for being a fake me.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:27 PM

11,426 posts, read 9,356,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
This explains your "success" that night. We men tolerate a lot to get sex. You're very attractive and from your OP you said you prettied yourself up even more that night. If you were overweight and unattractive, then you would never gotten the positive attention you received by acting they way you did. The guys didn't necessarily want to date you, they were just willing to tolerate your behavior for as long as needed so they could copulate with you.
No, that should be "(Aspe4 will) tolerate a lot to get great sex."

Not all men are weak like you apparently are when it comes to getting sex. I won't get pushed around. Someone with an attitude like the OP in this so-called experiment is a total turn-off, and I would say to most men. I'll never be that hard-up.

Adding - Alcohol had a lot to do with those immature 20 somethings falling for someone like that.

Last edited by John13; 07-09-2012 at 03:36 PM..

Old 07-10-2012, 12:04 AM

513 posts, read 583,410 times
I've ready a bunch of your posts JJ and I'm surprised you get so little male attention.. You seem like you'd be quite a catch. You seem quite intelligent, down to earth and well-established (aren't you like a mechanic or something) And I saw the pic on your profile, I have to say you're quite an exquisite beauty. I don't care if you're 6 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds, you're beautiful, and you shouldn't change the way you look or act just to attract men you probably wouldn't want in the first place. Out of curiosity, would you consider dating a man substantially shorter than you, consider like tall women short men face much height discrimination in the dating world?

Old 07-10-2012, 12:18 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,708,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I've ready a bunch of your posts JJ and I'm surprised you get so little male attention.. You seem like you'd be quite a catch. You seem quite intelligent, down to earth and well-established (aren't you like a mechanic or something) And I saw the pic on your profile, I have to say you're quite an exquisite beauty. I don't care if you're 6 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds, you're beautiful, and you shouldn't change the way you look or act just to attract men you probably wouldn't want in the first place. Out of curiosity, would you consider dating a man substantially shorter than you, consider like tall women short men face much height discrimination in the dating world?
Thank you for the lovely compliments
I think a lot of it has to do with where I live, but I'm moving to a bigger city this winter so I'm hoping that helps.
Regarding shorter men, yes, I've dated and been interested in shorter men in the past and it doesn't bother me at all. Unfortunately, most men won't date a woman that's 'bigger' than them.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 AM

192 posts, read 440,663 times
Hmmm, Now I know why there's maybe 5 women on this earth that I'm comfortable enough around to turn my back on with without something sticking out of it.

t.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:45 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,164,666 times
I never get hit on either, and I always do up my hair/makeup. I think it's more complicated than mean/nice. I'm generally nice, but I'm also quiet/aloof & this can look unfriendly/disinterested at first. So either I'm ugly despite grooming or just seem like an ice queen, or both.

I agree with the idea that's it's also how "gutsy" you appeared. I suspect when you're nice and outgoing, it seems like you're in "buddy" mode, but when you're "mean" it may seem like a flirtatious kind of teasing. The balance may not be a matter of meanness & niceness, but making your friendliness a little more teasing, to assert a more flirty vibe than a buddy vibe.

Although, frankly, the mean & shallow/stupid types (male or female) do simply get a lot of attention, maybe because they demand it, and definitely because lots of people are mean, stupid, and/or shallow themselves (like attracts like...).

Old 07-10-2012, 12:57 AM

192 posts, read 440,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I never get hit on either, and I always do up my hair/makeup. I think it's more complicated than mean/nice. I'm generally nice, but I'm also quiet/aloof & this can look unfriendly/disinterested at first. So either I'm ugly despite grooming or just seem like an ice queen, or both.

I agree with the idea that's it's also how "gutsy" you appeared. I suspect when you're nice and outgoing, it seems like you're in "buddy" mode, but when you're "mean" it may seem like a flirtatious kind of teasing. The balance may not be a matter of meanness & niceness, but making your friendliness a little more teasing, to assert a more flirty vibe than a buddy vibe.

Although, frankly, the mean & shallow/stupid types (male or female) do simply get a lot of attention, maybe because they demand it, and definitely because lots of people are mean, stupid, and/or shallow themselves (like attracts like...).
I guess because I'm a guy, I just don't read that much into it.
I have to watch and listen to a woman from a distance for a loooong time, just to decide if I want to say hello.

t.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 AM

513 posts, read 583,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

I saw your profile, you're definitely not the least bit unattractive. I think what it is, is that guys are intimidated by beautiful women like you and JJ, well at least guys who aren't players and such, so they aim their sights lower as far as looks go. I mean really, you look like a movie star, that's probably why men don't approach you, they're intimidated, I know I probably would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships