Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,035,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
For example, he had really bad credit. As in, astronomically bad, six digits. I told myself not to sweat the "small stuff," but it was not small stuff at all. It affected me every day of our marriage.

I would kill to have my credit be 6 digits...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM

674 posts, read 1,164,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
So are you never going to fall in love again?
When it's safe

Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 PM

773 posts, read 1,264,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I would kill to have my credit be 6 digits...
I suppose I should clarify. He'd racked up more than $100,000 in debt and had not paid it back. Creditors called every hour on the hour. There was no attempt to mitigate, e.g., go to credit counseling or file for personal bankruptcy. AND ... he continued to rack up debt on MY cards. Not cool, when you can't pay back your own. That was the tip of the iceberg.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:50 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,069,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
When it's safe

It never is!

When I was younger I had my heart stomped on, so I understand where you're at. But when you really do meet someone who feels the same way and there's no bull****ting involved, the idea of "playing" it cool or "acting" aloof goes right out the proverbial window (did for me, anyway!)

Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,035,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
I suppose I should clarify. He'd racked up more than $100,000 in debt and had not paid it back. Creditors called every hour on the hour. There was no attempt to mitigate, e.g., go to credit counseling or file for personal bankruptcy. AND ... he continued to rack up debt on MY cards. Not cool, when you can't pay back your own. That was the tip of the iceberg.
Well being 6 digits in debt is a lot worse than having a credit score in the 6 digits

Old 01-06-2012, 04:54 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,432,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well being 6 digits in debt is a lot worse than having a credit score in the 6 digits
I'm so confused..credit scores don't go up to 6 digits. I think it only goes up to 900...someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:17 AM

10,349 posts, read 14,072,547 times
Eharmony probably works well if you live in a city, but here in Wyoming it is worthless. Unless you are willing to start a long-distance relationship it is a waste of time and money.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:45 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,228,102 times
Default The Next Great American Novel ...

Will be about my Internet dating experiences.

Couple things to say. On the Internet you do not know who you are communicating with. That's a given.

Once met a woman who said her Internet date showed up for dinner in a wheelchair sans legs. She pouted, "One would think he might have mentioned it to me."

On the first go, don't meet for dinner and a movie. Lots (O.K. all) of my first dates ended with my date scraping the remains of her dinner into an insulated container for her next meal. Lots of folks just want to get out for a change.

If your date says she/he hears voices, NEVER ask what the voices say.

Find out (just ask) if your date is on mood altering drugs or has ever been institutionalized.

If they are on maintenance psychotropic drugs, and especially if it has been years, ask them if they would be willing to give up their "jones." If they get defensive and angry, check for available exits.

Although once in a dark cafe, I noticed that I could see in the candle light completely around the irises of my dinner companion (a deer in the head lights), and not too politely, asked the "institutional" question. Without batting an eye (no pun there), she with a smile said, "No;" she had a face lift.

The surgeon cut her across the brow in her hairline and then pulled her face UP. It worked, she was attractive, but for her perfectly round staring eyes.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,176,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Will be about my Internet dating experiences.

Couple things to say. On the Internet you do not know who you are communicating with. That's a given.

Once met a woman who said her Internet date showed up for dinner in a wheelchair sans legs. She pouted, "One would think he might have mentioned it to me."

On the first go, don't meet for dinner and a movie. Lots (O.K. all) of my first dates ended with my date scraping the remains of her dinner into an insulated container for her next meal. Lots of folks just want to get out for a change.

If your date says she/he hears voices, NEVER ask what the voices say.

Find out (just ask) if your date is on mood altering drugs or has ever been institutionalized.

If they are on maintenance psychotropic drugs, and especially if it has been years, ask them if they would be willing to give up their "jones." If they get defensive and angry, check for available exits.

Although once in a dark cafe, I noticed that I could see in the candle light completely around the irises of my dinner companion (a deer in the head lights), and not too politely, asked the "institutional" question. Without batting an eye (no pun there), she with a smile said, "No;" she had a face lift.

The surgeon cut her across the brow in her hairline and then pulled her face UP. It worked, she was attractive, but for her perfectly round staring eyes.
I'm not sure whether to laugh hysterically or shudder in terror. Either you must have terrible luck or choose all the strange types. I can't say I judge you for that because I tend to be attracted to the strange types too. My brain wants to sabotage me.

Also to anyone else reading this it's not as silly as it sounds. I'll give you a quick example that's not directly related to online dating but I think it bears telling as it does involve strangers.

A month and a half ago I was out at a young professionals bar, like most in SF. Alot of business and internet start up people. I was chatting to this one smart lady who worked at Yelp, she seemed really interesting. All was going good, but I noticed that she was slightly woozy, so I jokingly ribbed her about how many drinks she had had prior. Whereupon she smiled, leaned in and said, do you like drugs? While I was still pondering this strange question and how to answer, she said that she was on ketamine, and that I should try it sometime, it was fun. DAFUQ. And it's not like she was some kind of junkie either, she had it all together and probably made five times my income. I guess even professional white collar types got to cut loose huh?

Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,228,102 times
Default A Law of Mutual Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I'm not sure whether to laugh hysterically or shudder in terror. Either you must have terrible luck or choose all the strange types. I can't say I judge you for that because I tend to be attracted to the strange types too. My brain wants to sabotage me.

Also to anyone else reading this it's not as silly as it sounds. I'll give you a quick example that's not directly related to online dating but I think it bears telling as it does involve strangers.

A month and a half ago I was out at a young professionals bar, like most in SF. Alot of business and internet start up people. I was chatting to this one smart lady who worked at Yelp, she seemed really interesting. All was going good, but I noticed that she was slightly woozy, so I jokingly ribbed her about how many drinks she had had prior. Whereupon she smiled, leaned in and said, do you like drugs? While I was still pondering this strange question and how to answer, she said that she was on ketamine, and that I should try it sometime, it was fun. DAFUQ. And it's not like she was some kind of junkie either, she had it all together and probably made five times my income. I guess even professional white collar types got to cut loose huh?

Its not who you attract, but who you are attracted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships